KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Lu Bu

Lu Bu
Started by: Remindme

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Lu Bu

Lu Bu is the greatest general in the series Dynasty Warriors, a game that is set approx 100 AD in china, during the war of the three kingdoms.

(please log in to view the image)

Services under Ding Yuan and Dong Zhuo
A local of the county of Jiuyuan in the Wuyuan Commandery (a district of present day Baotou, Inner Mongolia), Lü Bu started his career as the Chief Secretary under Bingzhou (并州) Governor Ding Yuan. In 189, Ding Yuan led his troops into Luoyang to assist General-in-Chief He Jin to eliminate the powerful eunuch faction. However, He Jin was soon assassinated and a bloody clash between the eunuchs and government officials that ensued saw the capital plunged into chaos.

Dong Zhuo, another warlord summoned into Luoyang by He Jìn, quickly established control. Under the enticement from this rising power, Lü Bu soon defected. He even severed his former master's head and brought it to Dong Zhuo as a gesture of allegiance. The duo then swore to be father and son.

To consolidate his power, Dong Zhuo placed in the throne a puppet emperor and moved the capital west to Chang'an. These acts, coupled with his tyrannical and cruel ways, angered many and the risk of assassination was high. For his personal safety, Dong Zhuo depended heavily on Lü Bu, who had by then been promoted to Knight General (中郎將). The son would be seen beside the father almost all the time.

However, in his frequent bouts of temper Dong Zhuo would hurl a halberd at Lü Bu. Although the agile Lü Bu could always duck these throws, and Dong Zhuo's fury would dissipate quickly, Lü Bu nonetheless bore a furtive displeasure against his adoptive father. Furthermore, being entrusted to guard the residence of Dong Zhuo, Lü Bu held an amorous affair with one of Dǒng Zhuò's concubines. For this he was constantly in fear of being discovered.

In 192, encouraged by Imperial Minister of the Interior Wang Yun, Lü Bu finally made up his mind to murder Dong Zhuo. Bringing along a dozen trusted men, including Cavalry Captain Li Su, Lü Bu greeted Dong Zhuo at the palace gate. When Li Su stepped up and stabbed Dong Zhuo, the warlord cried out for his son. But saying "This is an imperial order," Lü Bu delivered the final blow.

[edit] Days of exile
After the death of Dong Zhuo, rumors spread that the court intended to execute all his former troops from Liangzhou (涼州). When a royal decree of pardon was not issued, former subjects of Dong Zhuo, Li Jue and Guo Si, staged a coup and defeated Lü Bu within ten days. Escaping from Chang'an, Lü Bu went to Yuan Shu in Yangzhou (楊州). Deterred by Lü Bu's fickleness, however, Yuan Shu declined to keep him.

Lü Bu then headed north to seek a position under Yuan Shao. Having been given some troops by the northern warlord, Lü Bu successfully flushed out the bandit army under Zhang Yan. However, with his own force growing in strength, Lü Bu was beginning to seem like a threat to Yuan Shao. Sensing this himself, Lü Bu then bid his short-term master farewell. Yuan Shao sent assassins after Lü Bu but it was for naught; Lü Bu managed to slip away.

In [[194], while Cao Cao was away on a campaign against Tao Qian in Xuzhou (徐州), his subjects Zhang Miao and Chen Gong rebelled and handed Yanzhou (兗州) to Lü Bu. When Cao Cao heard the news, he quickly turned back and laid siege on Lü Bu in Puyang. After more than a hundred days of stalemate, a famine breakout forced Lü Bu to give up his position.

[edit] Occupation of Xuzhou
Thinking that by forcing Cao Cao's retreat he had done Xuzhou a favor, Lü Bu then headed for Xiapi to seek refuge under Liu Bei, who was then the governor of Xuzhou. In 196, however, Lü Bu turned on his host and took over Xiapi, proclaiming himself the governor and sending Liu Bei to the nearby town of Xiaopei (小沛, present day Pei County, Anhui).

In the same year, Yuan Shu sent a force led by Ji Ling to attack Liu Bei. Fearing that the defeat of Liu Bei would expose his backdoor to Yuan Shu, Lü Bu made camp south of Xiaopei and brought Ji Ling and Liu Bei together. The Flying General then had a halberd erected at the campground gate. Urging peace between both parties, Lü Bu extracted their promises to withdraw troops if he could hit the sharp tongue of the halberd with an arrow. From afar, Lü Bu fired a shot and the missile came in squarely on its target. Awed by such mastery in archery, the two sides then held true to their words.

To ward off the expansion of Cao Cao's power, Yuan Shu then offered to ally with Lü Bu. Lü Bu initially agreed but soon regretted. He even sent men to retrieve his daughter, who was on her way to be married to Yuan Shu's son. She was the daughter of Lady Yan. Lü Bu also imprisoned Yuan Shu's envoy and sent the captive to Cao Cao as a sign of friendship.

In 198, however, Lü Bu again switched his allegiance to Yuan Shu and attacked Liu Bei in Xiaopei. The defeated Liu Bei sought help from Cao Cao, who then personally led a force on Xiapi. After three months of siege and many consecutive losses, Lü Bu subjects were down in morale and defected. Lü Bu had no choice but to surrender himself, but in some versions, his subjects grew tired of his cruel ways and tied him up while he was sleeping and presented him to Cao Cao.

Tightly bound and brought before Cao Cao, Lü Bu pledged his service. However, being reminded by Liu Bei of the fate of Ding Yuan and Dong Zhuo, Cao Cao then had the dangerous captive hanged. However, some say that Cao Cao had Lü Bu strangled, a death punishment given to women, to show that Lü Bu was a coward who pleaded for his life.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:02 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought Lu Bu was some godly looking character.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:06 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

(please log in to view the image)

Nah, he's just a legendary, undefeatable general one on one who was capable of winning wars by himself....only that stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:17 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 01:23 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

B*tch was hard as hell to fight in DW4.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 01:26 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

^^^CO SIgn

I Stand alone is like the best song for him.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 02:06 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Lol, i remember first time i fought him....I cursed myself for not listening to Yuan Shao when he said "Don't pursue Lu Bu!" ^^' If i remember right he didn't even finish his combo and i was dead.

That was the day the phrase "What can one man do?" died in me hahah ;p

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 02:40 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

........... I remember the first time I ever dueled him in DW4... I died in 2 hits.

The man is powerful, by far the most powerful to ever come out of the DW games...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 12:23 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Meh, he was easy.

I just started running in circles like a madman and swung my sword in every which direction.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 02:05 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Meh, he was easy.

I just started running in circles like a madman and swung my sword in every which direction.

........umm......you must've been playing it on easy then

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 02:51 PM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Nope. It was on hard.

he took a quarter of my health, then the rest was easy.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 02:53 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Nope. It was on hard.

he took a quarter of my health, then the rest was easy.

Then unless you were playing DW2

I'm afraid i can't believe you

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 03:08 PM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Don't believe me then.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 03:10 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Don't believe me then.

Sorry. it's just that Lu Bu tw鈚s pro gamers on hard, so him being easy is just.......eep

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 03:17 PM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

It's just that whenever I hear about bosses powerful like Lu Bu, fear gives me a big boost.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 03:26 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

It's just that whenever I hear about bosses powerful like Lu Bu, fear gives me a big boost.

Lol, i get excited, then do worse than normal, hehehe. I envy you

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 03:36 PM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

LOL.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 03:47 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Yeesh....I hate fighting this guy. He's an unholy cheap bastard. stick out tongue I'd say he's class 5 at least.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 02:35 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote