KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs

Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs

"GOTCHA!" Sonya's backbreaking, bumrushing, ass-kicking commanding officer gets his respect thread. Jax is badass.

Full Name: Jackson briggs
Age 33 in Mortal Kombat II, 43 as of Armageddon
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 350
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Occupation: Major in the US Special Forces, Head of the Outerworld Investigation Agency
Family: Unknown
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
Fighting Styles: Muay Thai and Judo
Portrayed By: John Parrish (all games), Gregory McKinney (first film), Lynn 'Red' Williams (second film)
Bio:

Mortal Kombat II

(please log in to view the image)

Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate/Trilogy

Mortal Kombat 4/Gold

Sonya and Jarek are at a standoff on a mountain.)

Sonya: "It's over, Jarek! Shinnok is dead. The good guys won. You're coming back with me."

Jarek (advances on Sonya, who backs off): "Never, Sonya. I agreed to help defeat Shinnok, not turn myself in to the Special Forces. The Black Dragon live on!"

Sonya: "The Black Dragon died with Kano. You're the last one, Jarek."

Jarek (Charges at Sonya): "Never!"

(Sonya side-steps his attack. Jarek falls over the edge of the cliff. Sonya walks closer to the edge of the cliff and uses her walkie-talkie to contact Jax.)

Sonya: "Come in, Major Briggs. This is Lieutenant Sonya Blade--"

(It is revealed that Jarek did not fall off the cliff. He grabs Sonya's leg
and sends her falling to her death as she screams in terror. Jarek climbs back onto the ledge and finds Sonya's walkie-talkie.)

Jax (On the walke-talkie.) "Sonya, this is Major Briggs. Come in. Sonya, this is Jax. Are you there? Sonya?"

(Jarek steps on Sonya's walkie-talkie, laughs, and walks away. But before he can get far, Jax is there and grabs him by the throat.)

Jax: "Going somewhere, Jarek?"

Jarek: "Jax! I thought you were going to--"

Jax (hangs Jarek over the cliff): "Thought I was what? Dead? Like my partner you just tossed of the cliff?"

Jarek: "I'm... I'm sorry, Jax. Please, don't drop me! Wait. I promise--"

Jax: "Too late, Jarek!"

Jarek: "You can't drop me! You have to uphold the law. You have to arrest me. Wait! Wait! This is brutality! You can't do it!"

Jax: "Wrong, Jarek. This is not a brutality...this is a fatality!"

(Jarek screams in terror as Jax throws him to his death.)

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

Jax had a score to settle with the traitor he knew as Hsu Hao. Now revealed to be a member of the Red Dragon, Hsu Hao had infiltrated the Special Forces Outerworld Investigation Agency and destroyed it with a miniature nuclear weapon. Making good on his promise, Jax eventually caught up with Hsu Hao and ripped the implant from his chest in retribution. Hsu Hao died a most painful death.

Mortal Kombat Unchained

During our assault on the Deadly Alliance, we were overwhelmed by Tarkatan hordes. The last thing I remember seeing was Raiden blasting his way into the main hall. I was later resurrected by Onaga, who controlled my mind and commanded me to enforce his will. My brutality as Onaga's pawn will haunt me forever. If not for Liu Kang, I'd still be under the Dragon King's spell killing the people I've dedicated my life to protect. Now that my soul is unchained, I'm coming for you, Onaga. It's payback time!

The Dragon King had defeated us all, save one. Jax. And Though I had absorbed the fighting abilities of those who had aided me, I lacked the raw anger that propelled Jax into battle. Brutally pounding Onaga into submission, Jax finally ended the conflict by embedding a Kamidogu into the would-be ruler's head. Where he summoned so much rage from, I cannot say. I only hope that his anger is finally purged.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

When Jax absorbed the power of Blaze, the cybernetics in his arms grew and permeated his entire body. He was transformed into a full cyborg. He became aware of a controlling neural chip that had been implanted in his brain by Sektor. Enraged, Jax defeated Sektor and claimed leadership of the cyborg ninja clan, the Tekunin. It is unknown if he will ever return to the Special Forces.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 06:12 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Never liked him
but he was a fierce opponent so I shall respect him for that

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 07:28 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Jax is one of my favorite Mortal Kombat characters because he had some cool moves. My other favorite is Johnny Cage.

Jax looks as if he was pumping iron ever since he was a toddler.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 03:44 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

"Hello. My name is John Parrish. I AM JAX!!"
xd

Jax and Sonya vs Cyrax and his group of ninjas:

"Yo. I say this is something we can talk about.
Ugh. Guess not."

laughing out loud

Jax killing a random monster (from 8:48 to 8:20 ; punching it in the ass laughing ) and Jax vs Motaro & Noob Saibot (from 7:43 to 3:05).

As for the MK Unchained ending, meh. Poor Onaga. sad

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Oct 28th, 2007 at 04:13 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 04:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

smile I saw those videos a few days ago.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 04:24 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ozone
You need me to live.

Jax is the best.

It's amazing how muscular he is.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 07:34 PM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

He is a worthy opponent

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 07:40 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

He has some of the coolest moves.

Some were just deadly.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 07:57 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

And some were cataclysmic

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 07:58 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Jax and Johnny Cage are tied as my favorite Mortal Kombat character.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:06 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Scorpion, reptile and 2 more who I will not name

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:07 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ozone
It's amazing how muscular he is.

Yeah, it is.

All of those muscles must have came from his military training.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:09 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Or Drug enhancement's

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:09 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I doubt he used steroids.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:13 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

You never know

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:13 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

He wouldn't.

Jax looks like the kind of guy would get his physique the old-fashion way.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:14 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I doubt he has not been tempted, I doubt it

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:16 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

He may have been tempted, but I'm sure he resisted.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:17 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Hmmm Well some of the fighters he came across may have been beaten with the help of an unknown substance

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:18 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

He didn't use any steroids or other drugs to get his physique. It would have been on one of his profiles.

Anyway, Lynn 'Red' Williams did a good job portraying Jax in "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation".

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 08:31 PM