KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Faith Respect Thread

The Faith Respect Thread
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The Faith Respect Thread

Respect the runner known as Faith!

(please log in to view the image)

Faith is a Eurasian female runner and the main character in Mirror's Edge.

History

Mirror's Edge takes place in an unnamed Metropolitan City where a totalitarian regime monitors its citizens through invasive surveillance, tracking all forms of electronic communication in order to reduce crime and quell any challenge to its power. An upcoming mayoral election seeks to retain Mayor Callaghan in power to keep the government's control on the city, though a new favored candidate Robert Pope promises to bring change to the city. The Eurasian protagonist, Faith, is a "Runner", a person trained in parkour, to stay out of sight and to use rooftops and other means to help deliver physical messages between revolutionary groups within the city. Faith along with another Runner, Celeste, were both trained by Mercury who also provides radio support for the two.

Faith receives a call for help from her sister Kate, a police officer, at the offices of Pope, and finds that Pope has been murdered, clutching a piece of paper with the name "Icarus" on it. Kate tells Faith to find out more and to report anything to her superior, Lt. Miller. Faith finds a former Runner named Jackknife who identifies that Pope's head of security, a former wrestler named Ropeburn, may have more information, but does not divulge any more. Faith reports this to Lt. Miller, who arranges a meeting with Ropeburn; Faith attempts to listen in, but Ropeburn discovers her and attempts to kill her. Faith gains the upper hand, and hangs him over a rooftop, attempting to gain information, but before she can, Ropeburn is killed by an unknown assassin. Faith gives chase to the assassin, discovering the assassin works for a private security firm that the city relies on heavily for its armed forces, and that the firm is training its own form of Runners in order to capture or kill the other Runners in the city. She regains the assassin's trail to a tanker and is able to corner the assassin, finding that it is Celeste. Celeste states that she has changed sides due to "Project Icarus" so that she may stay alive, Celeste reminds Faith that she doesn't want to "survive" by hiding from the police and not being able to enjoy her life. She wants to "live" her life. Celeste then flees fearing that if the police saw her with Faith(the most wanted runner in the city) together and she didn't capture her, she would go back to being wanted.

Mercury tells Faith that Kate has been charged with Pope's murder, and arranges a spot where Faith can ambush the convoy that is taking her to prison. Faith is able to successfully free Kate, telling her to flee to the lair where Mercury is waiting while she lures the police away. After avoiding her chasers, Faith returns to the lair to find it has been attacked, Kate having gone missing and Mercury near death. Mercury is able to tell Faith that Kate has been taken to the Shard, the skyscraper home of Mayor Callaghan as well as where the city's surveillance databases. With the help of Lt. Miller, who feels Faith is the city's best hope for change, Faith is able to make her way to the server rooms and destroy the servers, unlocking access to the roof. There, she finds that Kate is being held at gunpoint by Jackknife. Jackknife explains that Project Icarus is a plan created by Callaghan to eliminate all the Runners in the city and to stop the uncontrolled flow of information, and that he, as with Celeste, took part in it only to stay alive. Jackknife attempts to escape the rooftop in a nearby helicopter, and yells, "You can't live on the edge all your life, Faith! Sooner or later, you have to jump!" Ironically, Faith jumps off of the edge of the Shard, and grabs onto the helicopter before it leaves, kicking Jackknife out of the helicopter, causing him to plummet to his death. As he falls, he shoots his machine gun and hits the helicopter, causing it to begin to spin out of control. Faith helps Kate to safely jump to the nearby roof as the helicopter crashes below. During the game's end credits, an announcement states that both Faith and Kate are now wanted criminals but have gone missing, while urging the citizens of the city to avoid the electronic communications until the city can repair the faults with the Shard's servers.

---

Faith in action

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Dec 8th, 2008 at 04:45 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:33 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Mirror's Edge is an awesome game and hope they make a sequel.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:46 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Damn, I wanted to make a thread for Faith stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:50 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Mirror's Edge Ending

Faith is badass.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 05:23 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Damn, I wanted to make a thread for Faith stick out tongue

You've been ed :P

I don't know if it is the game's theme or her design but there is something about it that I really like. I think its probably the change from cliched Rambo/Buffed/Armored Marine/Cop protagonists found in most games these days. Her being slender and small fits the game well with all the momentum building running and jumping in the game. I like the fact she is eurasian.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Dec 8th, 2008 at 05:31 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 05:26 AM
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
You've been ed :P

I don't know if it is the game's theme or her design but there is something about it that I really like. I think its probably the change from cliched Rambo/Buffed/Armored Marine/Cop protagonists found in most games these days. Her being slender and small fits the game well with all the momentum building running and jumping in the game. I like the fact she is eurasian.

Yeah, I liked her design a lot.

Though I think part of it was that the game had a very Matrix-y feel to it, and Faith resembled my Matrix RP character a lot.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 05:38 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote