KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect the Big Daddy (from Bioshock)

Respect the Big Daddy (from Bioshock)
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Respect the Big Daddy (from Bioshock)

(please log in to view the image)

Of all the things you encounter in Rapture, you do not want to mess with something like a Big Daddy. Big Daddies are creatures who protect little sisters. Ever get near a little sister, and the Big Daddy that's protecting it will attack you. Approach with caution.

Big Daddies can attack in different ways. They can ram you, punch you, drill you, or shoot a grenade at you.

To kill a Big Daddy, you have to have some heavy weapons with you (like a shotgun). You can also use hacked robots to distract a Big Daddy sometimes and while it's distracted, you can attack it.

Splicers in the Bioshock game are even smart enough to not even go toe to toe with a Big Daddy for they always know the outcome if they ever did challenge one. Seriously, a splicer one time saw a Big Daddy and actually waited until it was gone.

Big Daddies are also called Mr Bubbles (name that was made up by little sisters) but we always prefer to call them Big Daddies because that name sounds better lol.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 06:53 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Big Daddies are awesome. I will never forget the first time you encounter one of them in Rapture. It made it very clear not to mess with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCKkElSkogE

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 16th, 2008 08:21 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Big Daddies are one my most favorite monsters in games. Glad I'll be playing as one in the sequel.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 08:27 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Bioshock is such an Epic Win. I love just following Big Daddies and Little Sisters around to watch them interact. It's so incredible the emotions they display.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 08:37 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

A great modern foe indeed, while I am less inclined to like the Rosie model I really like the Bouncer one, it simply doesn't mess around and that drill intimidates even the most tepid of adventurers top that off with a very nasty/protective/maternal attitude and you have one very challenging foe on your hands.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 10:04 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote