KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Algol (Soul Calibur IV)

Algol (Soul Calibur IV)
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Algol (Soul Calibur IV)

(please log in to view the image)

SCIV ending:

Dark Khan would like so beat this guy.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 12:16 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I hate to admit it but dude...He would. no expression

Non-the-less, I actually liked Algol as a final villain.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 12:20 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hmm. I guess you're right now that I think about it.. sad
Meh. Oh well. Like you said in the Dark Khan thread, being powerful doesn't make a good character. stick out tongue

Yeah, I loved him as a final boss too. He is unlike most other final villains in general, especially in some of the endings, but unsurprisingly, he's broken as a fighter, like the Apprentice.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 12:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Well Dark Khan is honestly one of the most powerful characters in gaming, able to merge two universes at will.

But Algol is not only my favorite antagonist of the Soul Series along with Nightmare and Zasalamel, he is easily the most powerful.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/11...ibur-iv-roster/

Link that shows a statement that Algol is the strongest ever in the SC series.

Here is the intro vid of SC4, which is important because it show-cases a major part of Algol's story, showing how his son, controlled by Soul Edge, attempted to kill Algol, forcing Algol to kill his son. Algol then decided to take a fragment of Soul Edge, and would create a holy sword with his own life energy to be the evil blade's perfect foil, which was the day the holy sword Soul Calibur was created.

Also, a couple good feats as well, not only did Algol block a completed Soul Edge with his bare hands, he shattered it.

EDIT:

Also, here is his full bio on his appearance in SC4.

Algol, also known as "The Hero King," was able to obtain Soul Edge and, with an indomitable will, avoided being controlled by him. According to the legend, he used the sword to spread peace among the lands. His son, Arcturus, jealous of his father's power, took Soul Edge, unaware of his malevolent properties, and was possessed. Algol battled and defeated his son with a fatal strike.

Remorseful after his son's death, Algol desired to create a sword to counter the evil within Soul Edge. The legend says that, using purified shards obtained from the battle with his son and the assistance of various sages, Algol was able to create Soul Calibur after many failed attempts the sacrifice of his own life. However, the "successful" ritual produced unexpected results: the blade created was extremely similar in nature to Soul Edge due to the restlessness in Algol's soul. The tribe that was tasked with the protection of the new sword slowly purified it, sealing the Hero King's soul, keeping his thirst for power dormant over the centuries.

During the immense surge of power released when the cursed sword and the spirit sword clashed, Algol's soul, then formless, was able to absorb a small fraction of the energy. With what little he gained, he built himself a body fashioned after his older one, as well as a tower, which he deemed the "Tower of Remembrance", to reside in. Algol knew that it all would not last—once the power he absorbed had been used up, everything he had created would disappear like a mirage. He needed to obtain the swords if he intended to remain a reality. The Tower of Remembrance's sudden appearance would draw warriors to him. The swords, he knew, must be amongst them. Forging himself weapons based on memories of the cursed sword and the spirit sword, he waited patiently for the first arrivals.

Last edited by NemeBro on Jan 6th, 2009 at 01:12 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2009 01:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah. Pretty neat stuff right there, especially shattering a completed Soul Edge with his bare hands. Wow huh..

Also, holy shit @ this boss-style skill set for Algol. Anyone who has SCIV and likes using him, I strongly recommend going with this (in the Character Creation thingie). His HP will rise through the roof. eek!

Algol - requires Soul Edge and Soul Calibur (embedded ultimate forms) and Life Gem Sun
Skills: Hyper Mode (native to weapon), Hysterical Strength, Start Dash A, and Soul Gauge Damage A

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 11:08 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Algol is damn cool but his origins confuse me. Er body said Algol was so hard at the end of Tower Of Souls but he was pretty damn easy to me. I beat the guy by just throwin' the shit outta him (thanx Remo). Ha, and it was only like my 5th time even playin' the game. I'm gonna own it some day.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 06:08 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

After finally reaching floor 60 on Tower of Lost Souls a couple days ago, I have to disagree about him being easy. He was like a god compared to when fighting him in story/arcade mode. no expression Granted, 60 wasn't as hard overall as doing floors 57, 58, and 59 in a row, but still.

As for his origins though, I concur, but him being a "hero king" and what not was pretty cool.

And using that chair/throne for his Critical Finish move was... interesting, though I would've preferred something cooler (i.e. some kind of super attack that involved using both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur).

Old Post Feb 6th, 2009 11:23 PM