KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Lars Alexandersson

Respect Lars Alexandersson
Started by: Shutter Control

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Respect Lars Alexandersson

Respek

(please log in to view the image)

To not waste space for text and use it instead for videos and wuvly pictures, here's Tekkenpedia's page on Lars which has an intro, trivia, story, gameplay videos and character relationships: http://www.tekkenpedia.com/wiki/Lars_Alexandersson

Tougou, who's a close friend of his, may make an appearance in the game via a future patch release, a stupid online buddy of mine says. eek!

As for what it does not show, here is the opening to the scenario campaign mode of the game, which revolves around Lars and Alisa Bosconovitch, a robot created by the old perverted, bad-breathed scientist, Dr. Boskonovitch. Notice there's a k instead of a c in his name. I don't know why this is.

The opening shows Lars and his men infiltrating a Mishima Zaibatsu-run laboratory. His team is a rebel Tekken Force army that defected/split from the organization or the main sect. As his soldiers take cover and aim their guns, Lars walks up to the enemy and parries a missile, then rushes the enemy group, single-shotting them. One should wonder if he needed to do anything when the first missile was shot, according to 2:08 in the opening:

At the end, it also shows him withstanding a destructing JACK although being knocked out in the process. All this is not so surprising considering he's the illegitimate son of Heihachi Mishima (refer to the last paragraph of the OP in the link), although illegitimacy has nothing to do with that stick out tongue. His mom is also Swedish.

It doesn't show the aftermath of the explosion, but 5:30 to 6:30 of this shows a stumbling Lars although in one piece, just in case of skepticism:

Official Art:

Fanart (the first picture used in the thread is also a fanart, but in my opinion had to be used as the main):

Lars and Alisa Bosconovitch in luv (lol human & robot sex...)

And finally the thing you've all been waiting for...the lulz:

laughing

He's also my main in Tekken 6. Heard many times he resembles something created by SNK, and I agree.

Last edited by FWahMaN on Jan 20th, 2010 at 04:40 AM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 04:26 AM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oops, I meant Tougou may become a playable character. He's definitely in the game though, lol.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 08:23 AM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I respect him, if I played Tekken, I'd use him.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 08:28 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

You should play Tekken, just because your hon loves it. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 08:33 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Gayest hair-style I've ever seen (and can recall), but still a cool character. Pretty good in terms of gameplay.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 04:47 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

This dude is my ace. And I liked'im cuz that Fanboi F.Yagami didn't. Now that he likes'im, his cool points have gone down, not gone but, he's not as cool as he use to be. What happened to Tekken?!

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 01:41 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who is Fanboi F. Yagami and how does him favoring or disliking anything affect the series? If that's what's being implied. Also the gayest hairstyle will have to be Crimson's from KoF...oh wait Lars' is similar.

Last edited by FWahMaN on Jan 22nd, 2010 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 03:34 AM
No End N Site

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FWahMaN
Who is Fanboi F. Yagami and how does him favoring or disliking anything affect the series? If that's what's being implied. Also the gayest hairstyle will have to be Crimson's from KoF...oh wait Lars' is similar.
F. Yagami is the dude over at Fightgen. The question at the end had nothin' to do wit what I said, it was just a random question about how Tekken is not as great as it use to be.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 06:15 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Negative. I think Tekken is more awesome than it ever was. It achieved its peak on the release of 5...and then probably got better when DR was made. T6 shits on anything with the name "Tekken" in it, even overrated Tag which looks like improved PS1 graphics laughing (and it's not just graphics, the amount of playable characters, customization, better online play than DR...and hotter girls. Oh and more individual moves for characters thus actually creating MORE individualism, not a lack of it just because the physics happen to be "juggle friendly").

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 11:06 PM
No End N Site

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FWahMaN
Negative. I think Tekken is more awesome than it ever was. It achieved its peak on the release of 5...and then probably got better when DR was made. T6 shits on anything with the name "Tekken" in it, even overrated Tag which looks like improved PS1 graphics laughing (and it's not just graphics, the amount of playable characters, customization, better online play than DR...and hotter girls. Oh and more individual moves for characters thus actually creating MORE individualism, not a lack of it just because the physics happen to be "juggle friendly").

ACTUALLY, I think your wrong on just about everything you said, but we're all entitled to our own opinions.

On Topic: Lars is cool and his hair cut doesn't bother me.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 09:20 PM
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well no let's not stay on topic and tell me if you disagree with more individual moves created more individualism? I know Ganryu was barely his own person in T2 since his moves made him mostly a Kuma/Panda swap and Eddie in T4 was a blatant swap of Christie...now these characters have moves that make them closer to being separate characters that play a little differently...I know I'm at least right in that regard.

None of my model 1 or 2 Lars' has the default hair. If people think it's that bad, they should see his model 3 hair laughing actually here it is:

I got this from a site saying this model was designed by the creater of Naruto...should explain the f@ggotness.

Last edited by FWahMaN on Jan 27th, 2010 at 02:49 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 02:46 PM
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Heh, he looks like Leon from Resident Evil 4.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 03:05 PM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually agree with that statement...I find it amazing you were able to notice that, what with the funky hair on him.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 03:15 PM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

It's rather lovely combo'ing with Lars.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 07:49 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOVELY?! mad

A lot of his in-game combos are mostly two hitters and all of his dynamic rush/silent entry crap leave him vulnerable if people think you're going to do these beforehand...in other words, don't think you'll win in high level fights with a predictable Lars. He's so easy to defend against, even for me. Lars is also unfortunately a watered down character (but then again so are all the Mishimas with DJ being the least watered down IMO)...his low sweep doesn't even TRIP you unless it's a counter hit, yet the f@ggot of a character Leo can clip you like it was nothing? And Lars' jump-flip is utter crap...it grabs 10% of the time and the kick variant hardly hits...the only thing that jump is good for is the low x slap. Comparing that flip to any of Lili's or Xiaoyu's is an rofljoke because effin Xiaoyu's (effin annoying, and least attractive female in the game...) flip can be A GRAB and a HIT at the same time! WTF?! With Lars you have to choose if you will kick, slap or grab with the jump. How then am I supposed to defend against that sh1t?! Someone actually expects me to sidestep that crap in time considering that thing is no more than a second long, and I: 1. can't duck to avoid the b1tch grab 2. can stand and block since I'll be b1tch-grabbed, while Lars' piece'o'shit grab doesn't even work, and his kick variant doesn't hit...yeah my rant is done. Whenever I play a stupid "good" Leo or Xiao player, I just do whatever the hell I can with Lars to win, even spam the cheapest (hence most effective) moves. I don't care, it's effin Lars vs..well...one of Tekken's finest cheapest.

..but I agree it's fun to some extent. He's got rather cool juggles...and his 10 hit is definitely the coolest Mishima-based in the game...he brings you up and smacks you back down...then you BOUNCE and he fires you away! eek!

Last edited by FWahMaN on Jan 28th, 2010 at 01:48 AM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 01:42 AM