KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Joe from Street Fighter.

Respect Joe from Street Fighter.
Started by: Joker1237

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Joker1237

Respect Joe from Street Fighter.

Joe is cool, Joe is mighty, and we all know the first time we played Street Fighter 1, Joe kick your Ryu's butt and badly.

I loved his fame catch saying after he crushs you.

"Ok baby".

After he says that line, loseing to him is not that bad. Forget Ken, Joe is the real America fighter.

He also made a short, a REAL short comeback in SFII.

I would loved to see Joe return.

Attachment: 450px-joesf.jpg
This has been downloaded 76 time(s).

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 07:33 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

It's hard to say considering how frustrating that game was, but Joe is definitely up there with Birdie, Adon, and Sagat for pure frustration.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 07:37 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

frustrating or not, Joe was my fav from Street Fighter 1. Even over classics like Sagat or Adon.

He was like DJ, in style before DJ lol. menus the projection of couse.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 07:40 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goldjoker

i think.. cody and joe.. share some things.. hehe

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 09:41 PM
goldjoker is currently offline Click here to Send goldjoker a Private Message Find more posts by goldjoker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Joe wasn't that hard to me...Cody still stole his Tornado Upper, tho.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 11:01 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

What makes Joe and every other character in the game difficult is also what makes Street Fighter/Fighting Street a bad game. All the difficulty comes from unresponsive controls especially in the early, breakable arcade models that had the strength of your punch based on how hard you pushed the button.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 06:32 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
What makes Joe and every other character in the game difficult is also what makes Street Fighter/Fighting Street a bad game. All the difficulty comes from unresponsive controls especially in the early, breakable arcade models that had the strength of your punch based on how hard you pushed the button.

You said it. I swear, the moves come out a random. O'course, not when the CPU does them. When Sagat wants to do a Tiger Knee, he'll do it.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 07:35 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by No End N Site
You said it. I swear, the moves come out a random. O'course, not when the CPU does them. When Sagat wants to do a Tiger Knee, he'll do it.
Yeah and it's really awesome when every knee, fireball, ninja star, or heel to the head takes off 1/3d to 1/2 of your life. I've been killed by two chained Tiger knees while blocking starting with full health. Not much of a contest when Joe, Birdie, Eagle, Geki, Adon, and Sagat can literally kill you in less than ten seconds.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 09:16 PM
No End N Site

Yeah and it's really awesome when every knee, fireball, ninja star, or heel to the head takes off 1/3d to 1/2 of your life. I've been killed by two chained Tiger knees while blocking starting with full health. Not much of a contest when Joe, Birdie, Eagle, Geki, Adon, and Sagat can literally kill you in less than ten seconds.
ROFL, I'm sorry but that is hilarious. It's happened to me too.

This guy is good, I wonder how he does it?

-Anakaris-

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 10:08 PM
Joker1237

I can do the moves, its 50 50 if a dragon punch or a fireball comes out.

With Sagat I prey that its the dragon punch since its the move Sagat hops into most times.

Joe is pretty easy if you can get the moves off, he falls for either move, but the first time I play it, I could not get past Joe.

I pretty sure the Youtube video is either hack or some code breaker, no way he was able to pull it off as easy as he did.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 12:10 AM
Joker1237

You forgot Lee, He is other one that can crush you in less than ten seconds.

Though with out power moves, Lee outside of Sagat and Adon is perhaps the hardest to beat. Evey punch or kick I thown at Lee, he lands a series of punchs or kicks that knocks off a good HALF of my life. mad

Old Post Apr 24th, 2010 12:13 AM