KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Raiden/Big Bear

Raiden/Big Bear
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Raiden/Big Bear

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
Raiden (the heel), and Big Bear (the face).

My first respect thread in a long time. Yay me.

Raiden/Big Bear is SNK's response to the Red Cyclone. As Raiden, he is one of Geese Howard's henchman. As Big Bear, he is a happy fellow looking for a good fight. Give him Cody Travers' number then.

Raiden/Big Bear's Bio

Nickname: The Out-of-Control Giant
Nationality: Austrailian
Date of Birth: March 3
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 463 pounds. Seriously.
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue
Blood Type: O
Family: N/A
Dislikes: Koala bears
Favorite Food: Aussie-style steak
Favorite Sport: American-style Football
Hobby: Touring amusement parks (he likes the roller coasters)
Occupation: (as Raiden) lackey for Geese Howard; (as Big Bear) Professional wrestler
Rivals: Zangief is No.1 on his list.
Fighting Style: Professional Wrestling

Raiden (ƒ‰ƒCƒfƒ“, Raiden) is a character from the Fatal Fury series. He originally appeared in the first Fatal Fury (and its 3D remake, Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition) as a heel. He appeared in Fatal Fury 2 as Big Bear, a face. He was long considered for The King of Fighters series and he finally made his debut in The King of Fighters XII. Developers wanted to add him as the big burly guy for the cast. The reason they didn't choose his face counterpart was due to the overall insistence to add a giant, evil character

Raiden is a professional wrestler who made his debut in the SWF. Known for his ruthlessness in the ring, he is very strong and is known to manhandle his opponents. He moved to Southtown to get involved with strong fights and was eventually hired by Geese Howard as one of his henchmen. He entered the King of Fighters tournament created by Geese, but he eventually disassociated himself from his employer due to his personal distaste for being a lacky.

His profile story in The King of Fighters XII mentions that his loyal fan is Kain Goldman, who lived in Second Southtown and idolized Raiden since his childhood days. Raiden enters the King of Fighters tournament to mainly relive his glory days of pro wrestling.

In the series' cannon, he hasn't entered a King of Fighters tournament in years. His past history with Geese is summarized when he meets Hwa Jai in Southtown, stating that he left Geese to live a new life back in his home country. Content with his heel and face personalities in the wrestling ring, he is surprised when Kim believes that he is still working for Geese. In spite of the misunderstanding, he convinces Hwa Jai to join since teaming with Kim will boost their reputations as fighters.

(please log in to view the image)

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 03:00 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

I didn't think much of him at first but he's one of those characters who will grow on you.

It also looks like he and Hwa Jai will take the spaces Chang and Choi have left.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2010 06:30 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Old school fighting game theme. I like this version better than the Fatal Fury 2 version.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 04:16 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote