KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 39 - Bounty Hunters

Episode 39 - Bounty Hunters
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episode 39 - Bounty Hunters

Overall: Neutral - Positive

Embo was another truely good chracter...like Cad Bane (the only other interesting chracter this series has added. Hes a new species, which is meh in theory, but hes well designed, sweet voice, and hes in general fun to watch. Sugi was also an interesting new character (though a bit flat) and I like Serapis' character and the whole catch with that (though it was dumb that his suit exploded so quickly).

This episode also saw the return of Hondo, who know has a new little monkey lizard (where did the old one go). Hondo was fairly uneventful except for at the end when the artfull designed, retro Weequay saucer comes spinning overhead.

Sugi's Line: "Says the peacekeeper who fails to keep the peace." Its nice to see the series continue to hammer home the point that the oblivious Jedi are the only ones that think they are infallible. This is really the only dark/intriguing tone this show has ever put forward.

Dislikes:
This series must be short on budget. We are back yet again on Felucia (though thankfully its not as omnipresent as Coruscant) and YET AGAIN with our terrrible skywalker trio. I will once again b!tch about the cannonicity of this show. The Force Unleashed alreadty showed us a Felucia was. Why do we have more rancor knockoffs when rancors are already shown to live there? Why do we have another fopish alien race (with REALLY big pants) when Felucians already exist. I really hate that this show continuously conflicts with cannon form the franchises' other MAJOR works.

Also it seemed very un-Kenobi to suddenly want to abandon the planet and Ashoka is the voice of compassion.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I thought it was a lame rip-off of the old Seven Samurai story, also done in The Magnificent Seven and A Bug's Life. And those were all kinda great. This IMHO was uninventive, uninspired and lame. HAve they run of out story ideas?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 07:51 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

They've definately run out of ideas, thats why they keep having new "secret weapons" to drive the plots of episodes.

The story may have been flat, but I like the characters of the bounty hunters, and getting me to like a character is always positive turf for this show.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But we've seen the bounty hunters before and this was more of the same.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 06:00 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

No we haven't. All of the bounty hunters were original characters.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 08:38 PM
queeq
Chaos

Were they? I thought we knew head honcho there.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 06:29 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

They were. The pirates were from of our favorite episodes last seasons...but the bounty hunters were new.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 09:31 PM
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo
They were. The pirates were from of our favorite episodes last seasons...but the bounty hunters were new.

How much I loved those episodes no expression
they were the sole reason I stopped watching the show... until I heard about Cad Bane in the second season opener

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Apr 20th, 2010 12:28 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Meh, you missed some of the better episodes then.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2010 12:30 AM
S_D_J
Bane

I did watch the remaining episodes before watching the second season (right before the Grievous 2nd season episode) it was a nice 3 nights marathon watching great episodes... which seems to have come to an end with the latest 5 episodes I missed.

btw: has the Boba Fett episode air yet?, cuz I have in my download queue huh

Old Post Apr 20th, 2010 12:46 AM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Nope. This friday. We get to witness the bastardization of yet another Star Wars character.

Though, since Traviss is back on, I'm confident something I like is going to happen.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2010 12:58 AM
S_D_J
Bane

It must have aired somewhere (I think England) cuz it's downloading rite now no expression

btw: it also has a 2.31:1 aspect ratio, instead of the usual 16:9, which I like big grin

Old Post Apr 20th, 2010 01:17 AM
queeq
Chaos

A boba Fett episode???? *face palm*

Old Post Apr 20th, 2010 09:05 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

make that 3.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 12:05 AM
queeq
Chaos

*shudder*

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 06:04 AM
jennifermoss
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really like the thread of Bounty Hunters.I have watched the episode 39 and i want to share with all of you that it was really wonderful.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 08:57 AM
Click here to Send jennifermoss a Private Message Find more posts by jennifermoss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Was it?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 01:48 PM