Todays episode was pretty interesting. Ahsoka encounters Asagi Ventress while on the run on the streets of Coruscant. Asagi subdues Ahsoka and while on the way to collect the bounty on Ahsoka she assures Ventress that if she helps her prove she is innocent she will in return plea to the council to give Ventress a pardon for her war crimes, Ventress accepts. Ashoka then contacts Barriss Offee who gives her a location to follow up on some clues. Ventress takes Ahsoka to the location and they split ways after Ventress reminds her of their deal. Ventress is then attacked by a mystery person who does have the ability to use the force and during the battle Ventress is kayoed and the dark Jedi takes Ventresses mask and lightsabers and then goes to attack Ahsoka. Ahsoka actually thinks that Ventress double crossed her because of the mask and lightsabers the dark Jedi stole from Ventress. During the battle an explosion is caused which alerts the clone troopers. The dark jedi flees and Ahsoka is hit with a stun gun and rendered unconcious. The clones then notice they were in a warehouse full of the nanodroids that Ahsoka was accused of using in the death of Letta. The clones and Anakin then take Ahsoka to the council for questioning at shows end.
Now for some theories on who the jedi traitor is. I think it's none other than Bariss Offee. Simply because she new where Ahsoka and Ventress were going and the dark figure that sneak attacked Ventress was small in stature similar to Barriss and Ahsoka. What do you guys think?
The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.
After being disappointed by CW up through season 4 to the point that I lost interest, I recently got back in to it and caught up on the episodes last week. Season 5 has been a very pleasant surprise, and possibly my favourite season so far.
This episode was yet another reason why. And yeah, if it's Barriss, that would make things very, very interesting.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."
I really don't know. Here are few thoughts that make me doubt:
1. The next episode's preview has shown us Skywalker hunting down Ventress and Ahsoka in court. If you assume each of those scenes take about 3-4 minutes, there is no way that there is enough time left in an episode of 22 minutes to explain Barriss' actions and her motivation. She has been clearly characterized as the ideal padawan, so her fall would need to be extremely motivated. Aside from the anti-war message, I also can't see why she would decide to blame one of her closest friends instead of a random other Jedi.
2. This might be a less valid point due to what sometimes is called 'clone wars logic', but Ahsoka really got her Togruta behind kicked by the assailant. From what we've seen in season 2, Ahsoka's and Barriss' skills are about even (as far as I can tell). I'm also curious as to how a padawan (as far as I can tell, she still is one) could circumvent all the prison security and choke a person in another padawan's presence without the latter sensing the former's presence.
3. Other possible suspects have come to my mind, such as Aurra Sing:
- She has a major grudge against Ahsoka.
- Her build (although not in height, according to several sources) is similar to that of Barriss' build.
- She is force sensitive (although it has never been shown on TCW, if I'm not mistaken, so that would make her lack the proper light saber skill).
4. I somehow get the idea that the whole point of Ahsoka being set up and falsely accused is a mechanism to increase Anakin's growing distrust of the Jedi Council. It's a long shot, but if it's true, there can be only one responsible: Palpatine.
So overall, everything seems to point towards Barriss, but this show has been growing in intruiges and complexity, so it just seems to be too obvious for me. I also don't get how Letta would be so scared of Barriss - who is just a padawan - and think that Ahsoka is the only Jedi who can protect her from Barris... But ofcourse, this show isn't a stranger to plot holes, so I might be overthinking the whole plot and giving the writers too much credit. For all we know, it might even be a totally new character that will be explored in season 6...
Of course, the "bad guy" is Baris and the real question now is why? Not her intentions, but why attacking the temple, framing her friend in the process and why Tarkin and behind him of course Palatine seems to be involved.
But that's not what is troubling me now: we all remember the picture add of season 5 "who will fall". On this picture were Vizla, Galia, Hondo, Maul, Rex, Savage, Ahsoka, Embo, Satine and Ventress.
Vizla, Galia, Savage and Satine are dead. Hondo was in danger several times but made it, Maul was overpowered by Palapatine but keeped alive, Ahsoka and Ventress are still standing in this last arc and Embo has faced danger once in the season but "his" arc as been pushed to season 6. That left us with Rex...
In season 5, Rex who is on the picture has not been in a life threatening situation once. So my point is, was he on the add just to promote the show or is there something unexpected going to happened in the season finale.
Barriss was going on to Ahsoka about how perhaps Force users should really give into their emotions, etc. Might be as simple as her not agreeing with the war, something that was said more than once in the last two episodes.
Winn4r! Looks like Ahsoka's done as well. This season has been much better than the others, and has done a good job in helping to see how Anakin began to really give into his emotions and how he could begin to turn against the Jedi order.