KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Quinlan Vos in upcoming season of Rebels

Quinlan Vos in upcoming season of Rebels
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

Love Quinlan Vos in upcoming season of Rebels

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Dave Filoni is an American animation director, writer, and animator. He is most known for his work on Avatar: The Last Airbender and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. He is also an executive producer on the brand new series, Star Wars Rebels. Star Wars He is the director of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars feature film, and the supervising director of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series. Filoni made an appearance at Celebration IV on Sunday, May 28, 2007 with producer Catherine Winder in the Celebration Theater (Room 408AB), to discuss the beginnings of the new television series and reveal how The Clone Wars is being created. He will also be writing for the Clone Wars monthly comic. Filoni also voices the bounty hunter Embo during various episodes in different seasons. Filoni is serving as an executive producer of Star Wars Rebels, which debuted in fall 2014, alongside Greg Weisman and Simon Kinberg. "Ventress had become one of the most interesting characters… we had all this material, we had all these designs… This is based on scripts we had written with George Lucas… I'm super excited about this book." ―Dave Filoni[src] Dark Disciple is a canon novel starring Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos, written by Christie Golden for release by Del Rey on July 7, 2015. The novel is part of The Clone Wars Legacy multimedia initiative, since it is based on an eight-part story arc that was scripted for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series, comprised of the episodes "Lethal Alliance," "The Mission," "Conspirators," "Dark Disciple," "Saving Vos Part I," "Saving Vos Part II," "Traitor," and "The Path." The scripts were not produced as episodes prior to the show's cancellation. The novel includes a foreword by Katie Lucas, one of the writers for the original episodes, and skews toward adult readers. DevelopmentEdit "We were particularly interested because [the unproduced episodes] center on Asajj Ventress, who to me is extraordinarily interesting as a character, because she's one of the few who aren't just light or dark, but straddle both. It's an interesting balance to explore: how can you use the dark side but not be completely, truly dark? What's the difference between being an actual Sith and utilizing the dark side of the Force when you need it? How did she become what she became after her training by Dooku? That makes her really, really interesting." ―Shelly Shapiro[src] The novel was first announced on July 25, 2014 at San Diego Comic-Con, in Del Rey's Star Wars panel that prominently featured the novel A New Dawn. The author was announced as Christie Golden, who adapted scripts that were written in conjunction with Series Producer George Lucas, for what would have been the seventh season of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series prior to its cancellation. According to Jennifer Heddle, the novel skewed toward adult audiences, with Pablo Hidalgo noting that the novel could explore the characters in deeper ways than the television series was able to.[5] The first illustration for the novel was developed as conceptual art for the animated series.[6] On September 25, 2014, StarWars.com launched a new section dedicated to what was termed The Clone Wars Legacy, a multimedia project to release other unproduced The Clone Wars scripts in various mediums. The site revealed the title of Golden's novel as Dark Disciple[7]—named for one of the adapted episodes[1]—and also contained a gallery featuring concept art from the episodes. Although the gallery listed the story as being a four-part arc,[7] Del Rey editor Shelly Shapiro later stated that the novel was based on eight episodes in total.[8] Golden reaffirmed the number via Twitter,[9] stating that the eight episodes had comprised a single, lengthy story arc.[10] The episodes were titled as follows: "Lethal Alliance," "The Mission," "Conspirators," "Dark Disciple," "Saving Vos Part I," "Saving Vos Part II," "Traitor," and "The Path." The episodes were written by Katie Lucas, Head Writer Matt Michnovetz, and Series Supervising Director Dave Filoni.[1] Golden received animatics for the first four episodes and the scripts for all eight of them.[11]

when David Filoni wrote the screenplay of the very last season of TCW, disney bought lucas and cancelled it. the screenplay became the basis DD.

Filoni had Asajj ventress killed as recorded in DD. So asajj is dead. if Filoni wanted to, he could have had Quinlan Vos killed as well, perhaps as a kind of romeo and juliet scene. he could have had quinlan and asajj in a ship that explodes killing the both of them, kissing. like the movie titanic. sort of. he could have had dooku kill both asajj and quinlan. he could have had mace kill quinlan or anakin.

quinlan lives.

since Filoni is now in charge of rebels we can infer that we will see Vos in future edition of Rebels.

based on the power level of Vos, above Dooku, its clear he intends Vos to be a major rival to Vader and Sidious in fighting

Filoni when he wrote season 8 DD, he may have intended to increase the power level of Vos so that he is a major threat to Sidious and Vader in Rebels

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 07:11 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

rolling on floor laughing

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 07:15 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage

He will make a wonderful sacrifice to Darth Vader, along with the corpses of Darth Maul Assucker Tano

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 07:19 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
He will make a wonderful sacrifice to Darth Vader, along with the corpses of Darth Maul Assucker Tano

i actually think Vos will beat Vader, prompting Sidious to replace Vader with Vos. Vos for some time is Sidious new apprentice while Vader schemes to once again be at Sidious side. Perhaps he aligns with Ashoka to take down Vos.

Filoni and Lucas did write in DD that Vos wanted a new master

Vader realizes he must plot to rid himself of emperor rolling on floor laughing

Last edited by redpill on Sep 9th, 2015 at 07:27 PM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 07:22 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Or ya know...he could just appear in other novels, he doesn't have to appear in Rebels. Frankly I'm already getting sick of Rebels turning into "Hey let's bring back all these TCW characters" instead of letting it run on its own merits and own characters.

I mean I guess I don't mind if they appear every so often and their stories are ended at some point, just I thought this show was about exploring new characters and the like.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Sep 9th, 2015 at 08:10 PM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Or ya know...he could just appear in other novels, he doesn't have to appear in Rebels. Frankly I'm already getting sick of Rebels turning into "Hey let's bring back all these TCW characters" instead of letting it run on its own merits and own characters.

rolling on floor laughing its called continuity how d o u feel about them bringing back rex ashoka vader sidious tarkin rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:10 PM
Fated Xtasy
The Last Jedi

[B]Or ya know...he could just appear in other novels, he doesn't have to appear in Rebels. Frankly I'm already getting sick of Rebels turning into "Hey let's bring back all these TCW characters" instead of letting it run on its own merits and own characters.

thumb up the only ones who should appear are the ones that are necessary for the storyline.

Ahsoka, Barriss and Obi.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:10 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
thumb up the only ones who should appear are the ones that are necessary for the storyline.

Ahsoka, Barriss and Obi.

rolling on floor laughing what makes ashoka and bariss more necessary than my boy vos? or maulrolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:12 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by redpill
rolling on floor laughing its called continuity how d o u feel about them bringing back rex ashoka vader sidious tarkin rolling on floor laughing

Right, but to be honest I find Rex and the Clones involved to be kinda pointless for the show.

Ahsoka....fine I guess, Barriss....ehhh...I guess.

But honestly their stories just should end already. No more freaking hand holding them through stuff.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Right, but to be honest I find Rex and the Clones involved to be kinda pointless for the show.

Ahsoka....fine I guess, Barriss....ehhh...I guess.

But honestly their stories just should end already. No more freaking hand holding them through stuff.

rolling on floor laughing what ever became of the clones? rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:15 PM
Fated Xtasy
The Last Jedi

Originally posted by redpill
rolling on floor laughing what makes ashoka and bariss more necessary than my boy vos? or maulrolling on floor laughing

Vos was completely irrelevant in this canon.

He was bland, boring and idiotic as a character in TCW.

His sudden appearance in canon as this top dog later on is not justified whatsoever.

The book is nice, the character is well written but he's completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things given his one time appearance.

Maul, should just stay dead.

Bland, boring and pretty bleh. SOD would have been a good time to end his story.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Vos was completely irrelevant in this canon.

He was bland, boring and idiotic as a character in TCW.

His sudden appearance in canon as this top dog later on is not justified whatsoever.

The book is nice, the character is well written but he's completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things given his one time appearance.

Maul, should just stay dead.

Bland, boring and pretty bleh. SOD would have been a good time to end his story.

rolling on floor laughing i might agree on maul but i'm not a fan of resurrections. that includes sidious and krayt. vos is my boy. IMO i think same re: kanan and ezra and even ashoka and barisss oh well. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:23 PM
Nephthys

Ahsoka and Bariss have much greater relevance than Vos. Ahsoka was a main character in a 6 season long cartoon and Bariss was a major foil and character alongside her.

The only appearance Vos should make is as a corpse in footage of Order 66.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

thumb up

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:30 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Nephthys
Ahsoka and Bariss have much greater relevance than Vos. Ahsoka was a main character in a 6 season long cartoon and Bariss was a major foil and character alongside her.

The only appearance Vos should make is as a corpse in footage of Order 66.

he wasn't in yoda's vision rolling on floor laughing a hint he survived rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:34 PM
Nephthys

Or a hint at his irrelevance.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Nephthys
Or a hint at his irrelevance.

the way i see it there are no clear limits on how many seasons of rebels there will be. how many seasons of simpsons and south park and family guy are there ? after 30 seasons 300 episodes i'd like to
see my fav tcw in at least some of them.
would you watch rebels if the next 10 seasons solely focused on kanan ezra as the only force sensitive good guys after vader kills ashoka? rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:50 PM
Nephthys

I'd rather we kept it so only a handful of Jedi survived. The EU really detracted from the OT by having hundreds of ****ing Jedi surviving and running around.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 08:56 PM
Darth Abonis

Quinlan Vos in Rebels? I guess so. That brings the total of Order 66 survivors to 6.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Guardian Biotic

That smiley irks me for some reason.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2015 09:02 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote