KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Ahsoka's Fate

What will her fate be?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dies 5 41.67%
Lives 5 41.67%
Remain ambiguous 2 16.67%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ahsoka's Fate
Started by: Lord Stark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Ahsoka's Fate

So what do you guys think? I am on the fence here.

On one hand the ending of the finale seems to point towards her metaphorically walking into darkness (death). But if taken literally she could just be walking down some dark steps.

I think the one thing that may indeed convince me she is alive is the idea that she is Gandalf.

This episode reeked of Lord of the Rings references: From Gollum-like Maul to the Ezra's seduction by the ring of...errr the Sith holocron to the massive underground city/temple charred from a battle. But the one that stuck out to me was Ahsoka being the Gandalf of this story as stated by Filoni himself.

Vader, like the Balrog is a foe far beyond any of our heroes. And Ahsoka all but says "Fly you fools" to Kanan and Ezra as she makes the ultimate sacrifice.

As we know Gandalf descends through fire and water and into darkness before emerging as Gandalf the White (I mean come on Ahsoka even has white sabers). If I recall correctly we do see a lake on the surface of Malachor that they go underneath to find the Sith temple (Water). And Vader is very much (like the Balrog) an embodiment of flames (Fire). Now as Ahsoka descends into Darkness I wonder if she will, like Gandalf, reemerge.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I think it will remain ambiguous, but IMO Ahsoka died.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 04:02 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

All I know is, I ****ing hate ambiguous endings like this..

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 04:03 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

most likely gone

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 04:06 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
All I know is, I ****ing hate ambiguous endings like this..

Really? I love them.

Best of all, it leaves the possibility of the character returning if a future story calls for it and it won't feel contrived.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 04:29 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I liked Ventress' ambiguous ending in Legends, and I also like this one tbh.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 04:30 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
Really? I love them.

Best of all, it leaves the possibility of the character returning if a future story calls for it and it won't feel contrived.

Yeah I know, but I just....still don't like em.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Personally, I think she's dead, but Vader letting her live allows for good character building, so I wouldn't mind if she's alive.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 04:57 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

cdtm is online now!

Alive. Probably.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:05 AM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Nah, Ahsoka is perfectly fine and she declared herself Queen of the Ancient Sith Pyramid, kicked Vader off of her new planet, and he walked away in shame. Amazing. Iconic. smile

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:06 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Wookie has her listed as dead

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:08 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Wookie is a piece of shit. smile

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:09 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by carthage
Wookie has her listed as dead
No they don't?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:12 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Why do you r-tards never spell wookiee correctly?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:15 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by |King Joker|
No they don't?

Well they have her listed as dead from the time she 'died' on Mortis but was revived later.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:17 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

21 years before the Battle of Yavin on Mortis during the Clone Wars; later resurrected[4]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:17 AM
ares834

lol

God that shit was stupid.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:18 AM
cdtm

cdtm is online now!

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Nah, Ahsoka is perfectly fine and she declared herself Queen of the Ancient Sith Pyramid, kicked Vader off of her new planet, and he walked away in shame. Amazing. Iconic. smile

Riding off into the sunset, on a Rancor.

I "hope" that was a metaphorical "walking into darkness", because I'm gonna feel like an idiot after telling everyone about the epic ending of her story if she's camping out in a temple... wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:19 AM
Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I thought you meant listed as dead as in dead as of TotA.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:20 AM
Rebel95

Probably dead

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote