KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Tales of The Jedi

Tales of The Jedi
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tales of The Jedi

"The six-episode first season focuses on two main characters: Ahsoka Tano, and Count Dooku. Ahsoka's three episodes focus on different points of the Jedi hero's life, while Dooku's episodes depict the character's youth before he turned to the dark side. Each episode will be 15 minutes long."

-Slated for release on October 26.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 10th, 2022 at 08:23 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2022 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Looks good actually. I'm very interested in the Dooku backstory- especially since it looks like he'll be fighting Yaddle.

Any thoughts on who this random Sith acolyte is?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 10th, 2022 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Does look good, but 15 minute episodes just doesn't seem like enough. But I guess that still works out to 45 mins per character, which isn't terrible. I just hope there isn't a bunch of filler.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Looks good actually. I'm very interested in the Dooku backstory- especially since it looks like he'll be fighting Yaddle.
Hopefully they use this to explain why Yaddle was never seen again after TPM. Dooku either killed or severely injured her.

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Any thoughts on who this random Sith acolyte is?

(please log in to view the image)
New character obviously. Youtube captions just say "INQUISITOR" when he speaks.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2022 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So they call it Tales of the Jedi and yet it has nothing to do with the classic comics... Instead it's yet more prequel-era garbage and half of it is about Filoni's waifu. **** off.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2022 09:23 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

I never expected this show to have anything to do with the Legends comics, but I agree that the Ahsoka stuff just seems like a waste. But I am not surprised at all that Filoni is cramming more of her down our throats. Especially with his live action show that's coming next year.

I am looking forward to the Dooku story though. Sure it's still technically PT era, but at least it's set at a point in time that new canon hasn't really touched outside of a few novels.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 01:40 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Sheev
Hopefully they use this to explain why Yaddle was never seen again after TPM. Dooku either killed or severely injured her.
I think a few of the guides say that Yaddle took a less active role in Jedi affairs after TPM, so I don't think she will get killed off.

Although this is Filoni. He has no problem altering canon in his shows.

New character obviously. Youtube captions just say "INQUISITOR" when he speaks.
Yeah I saw that, but I'm wondering WHO this new Inquisitor will be. As in, what Jedi is he?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 11:00 AM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Eh, Yaddle was still alive and well during TPM -- she was literally IN the movie.

So unless the fight between Yaddle and Dooku takes place after TPM(which seems unlikely, given that Dooku appears to be much younger in that clip, and still has a blue lightsaber), then Yaddle really can't get killed-off there. Filoni is obviously willing to handwave away elements from guides/novels/comics with his shows, but outright retconning one of the movies like that is something else entirely. /shrug

Also, Dooku had officially left the Jedi Order something like 10 years before the events of TPM, and was covertly acting as a bonafide Sith Lord during the events of TPM(according to current canon, at least.) Yet even by the time of AotC, Dooku was evidently still in pretty good standing with the Jedi, as Mace initially refused to believe that he would try to kill Padme: "He couldn't assassinate anyone. It's not in his character."

That said, if Dooku had openly attacked a Jedi Master/Council member years beforehand, surely the Order would have been a LOT more skeptical of his motives and whatnot by the time of AotC... So perhaps that sequence is just an [albeit hardcore] training exercise?

Either that, or Dave is about to Filoni the shit out of existing continuity.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 11th, 2022 at 11:51 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 11:48 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Galan007
Eh, Yaddle was still alive and well during TPM -- she was literally IN the movie.

So unless the fight between Yaddle and Dooku takes place after TPM(which seems unlikely, given that Dooku appears to be much younger in that clip, and still has a blue lightsaber), then Yaddle really can't get killed-off there. Filoni is obviously willing to handwave away elements from guides/novels/comics with his shows, but outright retconning one of the movies like that is something else entirely. /shrug

Also, Dooku had officially left the Jedi Order something like 10 years before the events of TPM, and was covertly acting as a bonafide Sith Lord during the events of TPM(according to current canon, at least.) Yet even by the time of AotC, Dooku was evidently still in pretty good standing with the Jedi, as Mace initially refused to believe that he would try to kill Padme: "He couldn't assassinate anyone. It's not in his character."

That said, if Dooku had openly attacked a Jedi Master/Council member years beforehand, surely the Order would have been a LOT more skeptical of his motives and whatnot by the time of AotC... So perhaps that sequence is just an [albeit hardcore] training exercise?
Ya I suppose if the Dooku episodes are all set before he left the Order, then it doesn't really leave much wiggle room. Like you said, he can't have killed Yaddle before TPM, and he did look much younger in the trailer so the fight probably didn't happen after TPM (unless he aged dramatically between TPM and AOTC).

So maybe they were just doing some kind sparring thing before Dooku left the Order. But there are lightsaber scars on the walls around them in the trailer, so they would have had to be really going at it.

Either that, or Dave is about to Filoni the shit out of existing continuity.
Or that. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 02:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There are 3 possibilities as I see it...

1.) It was a hardcore training/sparring/dueling exercise set before Dooku left the Order. That would explain why he looks much younger, still has a blue lightsaber, and why Yaddle was alive and well during TPM.
2.) Dooku fought her at some point after the events of TPM. Though in that case he'd literally *have* to kill her, otherwise she would inform the Council and risk prematurely exposing Dooku as a Sith... But that still doesn't explain why Dooku looks so much younger in the clip.
3.) They did have an actual fight around the TPM-era, and Yaddle wasn't killed. So she either: a.) didn't mention it to anyone for some reason, or b.) the incident was randomly covered up, and Yaddle was sent on a mandatory long-term sabbatical after TPM.

Option #1 seems to be the most likely to me, but who the f*ck knows what Filoni will do. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 11th, 2022 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 03:37 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

So you're saying that there IS some wiggle room. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 04:51 PM
Darth Thor

Its Star Wars, He could age plenty in 10 years. Just look at Ben Kenobi. I imagine the dark side ages him as well.

That said, Qui-Gon is in this and yeah his saber is still blue, so pre-TPM is probably the best bet.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I never expected this show to have anything to do with the Legends comics

Then they should've thought of a different name for it stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 06:30 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its Star Wars, He could age plenty in 10 years. Just look at Ben Kenobi. I imagine the dark side ages him as well.

That said, Qui-Gon is in this and yeah his saber is still blue, so pre-TPM is probably the best bet.
Also this show is supposed to be set before Dooku's fall to the dark side.

Like Galan said- Dooku was already operating as a Sith during TPM, so Dooku's story must all take place several years before TPM anyway (before he walked away from the Order)......Unless Filoni retcons his own work lol.

Last edited by Eli Vanto on Sep 11th, 2022 at 06:44 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 06:35 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Kenobi was living a very harsh lifestyle under the suns of Tatooine for almost 20 years. That's why he looked like a decrepit grandpa when he was only in his 50s. Dooku on the other hand was just chilling in a palace on Serreno after he left the order, and living a life of luxury. No way the years would have treated him as harshly as they did Kenobi.

But on that note, when did Dooku leave the order and fall to the dark side? Wasn't he already quite old by then?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 07:15 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Wish they chose another character to focus on rather than Ahsoka

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior

Yeah.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

But on that note, when did Dooku leave the order and fall to the dark side? Wasn't he already quite old by then?
According to the novels, Dooku left the Jedi Order 10 years before the events of TPM -- he was 60 years old.

A few years later, Dooku stated that he had already expanded his power and knowledge beyond the Jedi, and refers to the Jedi way as a path of failure and weakness. So he must have started delving deep into the dark side(and was likely taken as an apprentice by Sidious) shortly after leaving the Order.

By the time of TPM, Dooku was already a full-fledged Sith Lord(per TCW) -- he was 70 years old.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 10:04 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Agree. But it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, considering Filoni is involved. Ahsoka has been in every single one of his projects since the very beginning of TCW.

Hopefully the introduction of this new Inquisitor (who looks pretty badass, I must say) will make her episodes more palatable.

According to the novels, Dooku left the Jedi Order 10 years before the events of TPM -- he was 60 years old.

A few years later, Dooku stated that he had already expanded his power and knowledge beyond the Jedi, and refers to the Jedi way as a path of failure and weakness. So he must have started delving deep into the dark side(and was likely taken as an apprentice by Sidious) shortly after leaving the Order.

By the time of TPM, Dooku was already a full-fledged Sith Lord(per TCW) -- he was 70 years old.
Thats what I thought. Dooku sure doesn't look like a guy in his 60s when fighting Yaddle, and definitely not a guy in his 70s.

Granted this is animation and it could be misleading, but it does seem like the fight probably takes place before Dooku left the order.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 10:35 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thats what I thought. Dooku sure doesn't look like a guy in his 60s when fighting Yaddle, and definitely not a guy in his 70s.

Granted this is animation and it could be misleading, but it does seem like the fight probably takes place before Dooku left the order.
There are other tidbits to consider as well.

In Jedi Lost, for example, Ky Narec stated that Dooku already had a gray beard by the time Qui-Gon became a Jedi Knight -- and Qui-Gon was Knighted when Dooku was in his late-40s/early-50s. Furthermore, in the comics Dooku was shown to be fully grayed-out when he was still a Jedi:
https://ibb.co/pR0VZCw
I only mention that because Dooku still looks to have a brown beard while dueling Yaddle. IOW, their little skirmish could be set decades before he even left the Order.

...Not that Filoni is beholden to details like that. As I mentioned above, he clearly has no qualms with retconning novels and such. We'll have to wait and see. /shrug

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 11:16 PM
Darth Thor

Mace doesn't seem to look any younger.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2022 11:03 AM