KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Yoda versus Dumbledore (the Force versus Hogwarts magic)

Yoda versus Dumbledore (the Force versus Hogwarts magic)
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda versus Dumbledore (the Force versus Hogwarts magic)

Who wins? No lightsaber involved, only ones knowledge of the force and magical spells.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 03:47 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

(please log in to view the image) vs. (please log in to view the image)

I personally would choose Dumbledore, because there's a lot more you can do with magic than with the Force.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 07:49 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

How so? Yoda can do may things with the force, not just telekinesis.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 07:55 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
How so? Yoda can do may things with the force, not just telekinesis.
I'm well aware of that, but there's still almost infinite things available with magic, especially to someone like Dumbledore.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 08:06 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I say Master Yoda takes this fight. With age comes experience, and Yoda is 900 years old.

Dumbledore may be "the greatest wizard in the world", but he still just the headmaster of a school. He doesnt even teach, actually. The only "lessons" that he ever gave were cryptic and riddled and meant for Harry Potter.

Yoda is, basically, a monk who does nothing but eat sleep, and shit The Force. He has no other duties but to train Jedi.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Mar 2nd, 2008 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 08:49 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Strangelove
I'm well aware of that, but there's still almost infinite things available with magic, especially to someone like Dumbledore.
and what happens when Dumbledore loses his wand?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 08:53 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I'm just giving my analysis, man.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 10:00 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know, and I am going with it....so?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 10:09 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well Yoda vs. Dumbledor I can't really say.

But as far as the force is concerned, the force has brought people to life, killed people, made me people invisible, and destroyed entire planets.

It has also made entire planets invisible, and has ripped holes in the space time continuum itself and has been used to manipulate black holes.

And you don't need a wand or some incantation to do it any of it wink

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 12:05 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I feel that the magical world of JK Rawling has created is grossly underpowered. Considering all of the "stuff" that is covered in the magical world, a person similar to Orochimaru would have to exist and Voldemort doesn't really cut it for me.

If someone were TRULY able to become great at magic in Rawling's Harry Potter universe, then the possibilities are endless.

As I read her stories, I thought that Voldemort was very weak considering the reputation he was supposed to have.

I could go on for pages about things that could be done by a truly powerful wizard/witch...

Still, it is no contest.

Dumbledore by a ridiculous landslide.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 05:47 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Both have powers to rival each other, but the Force is based on physical properties. Magic can do anything really.

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

But as far as the force is concerned, the force has brought people to life, killed people, made me people invisible,

Horcruxes prevent death, Avada Kedavra kills people and spells/Invisibility cloak makes people invisible. Also, pretty sure the Force cant actually make people invisible, it would just distort the observer into thinking they couldnt see anyone.

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
and destroyed entire planets.

It has also made entire planets invisible, and has ripped holes in the space time continuum itself and has been used to manipulate black holes.

Cant argue any of these because they're just getting out of proportion in both universes.

Theres too much variety and endless possibilities with magic compared to the force:

Magic can freeze time (Order of the Phoenix), transform the caster into an animal (Prisoner of Azkaban), conjure objects/animals (Chamber of Secrets), bring inanimate objects to life (Order of the Phoenix), curse or hex a target, allow them to fly (Voldemort), send the caster back in time (Prisoner of Azkaban), teleport the caster etc.

The force simply cant do any of that because its outside the physical limitations that the force is dependent on.

Dumbledore would win.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 09:17 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you guys are gonna include Hocruxes and invisibility cloaks, then Yoda will have a lightsaber.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 10:06 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

See, but there are no invisibility cloaks, because you said there weren't going to be any.
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Who wins? No lightsaber involved, only ones knowledge of the force and magical spells.
Don't go changing the conditions of the fight.

Yeah, it's pretty obviously Dumbledore.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 01:05 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly RJ an invisibly cloak will barely mean a difference.

Jedi don't need there eyes to see.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 03:02 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regina414

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 11th, 2011 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 03:11 PM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
I say Master Yoda takes this fight. With age comes experience, and Yoda is 900 years old.

Dumbledore may be "the greatest wizard in the world", but he still just the headmaster of a school. He doesnt even teach, actually. The only "lessons" that he ever gave were cryptic and riddled and meant for Harry Potter.

Yoda is, basically, a monk who does nothing but eat sleep, and shit The Force. He has no other duties but to train Jedi.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 10:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McLovin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda wins.

Why?

Cause LOTR suck.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:39 AM
McLovin is currently offline Click here to Send McLovin a Private Message Find more posts by McLovin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Strangelove
See, but there are no invisibility cloaks, because you said there weren't going to be any. Don't go changing the conditions of the fight.

Yeah, it's pretty obviously Dumbledore.
hey, I am only adding that because others are bringing invisibility cloaks into the mix. So, from here on out, ONLY MAGICAL SPELLS AND THE FORCE.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 05:50 AM
Hazardous

I said:
Originally posted by Outbound
spells/Invisibility cloak

So even with no cloak, there are still spells. Also, whats to stop him from conjuring up a cloak, its still using a spell. Yoda cant just make a lightsaber appear out of thin air.

Also, even if Yoda had a saber, Dumbledore could transform it into something useless and Yoda would never get it back.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:05 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is an evenly pitched battle. Dumbledore does this spell, Yoda counters with the force, Yoda tries a force hold on Dumbledore, he evades......the only advantage here is Yodas SPEED and AGILITY.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:14 PM