KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Lord Rayden vs Emperor Palpatine

Lord Rayden vs Emperor Palpatine
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Lord Rayden vs Emperor Palpatine

Mortal Kombat's resident Thunder God takes on Star Wars' favorite son of the Dark Side.

Since the second MK flick blew, I'm going to use Christopher Lambert's version.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 02:13 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh god.

No.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 02:34 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Rayden

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 06:47 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rayden. He can fight up close and personal while also using his lightning. Plus, wasnt he a God?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 06:51 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Rayden. He can fight up close and personal while also using his lightning. Plus, wasnt he a God?
Yeah, that last bit is kinda the beater for me as well.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 06:52 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

end of story then?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:06 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

God is nothing more then a title...

You realize that Raiden got knocked the ****ed out by a mere mortal in Armageddon? A mortal whome Palpatine would outright destroy?

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Jun 14th, 2008 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:08 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Read the conditions of the fight.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:21 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Point still stands.

What's Raiden best feat?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:25 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Point still stands.

What's Raiden best feat?

Let's see..in the game he actually destroys the world in the MK1 ending. He beats the shit out of Kintaro in the second game.

and Chris Lambert is a badass actor...that and blasting both subzero and scorpion was pretty sweet.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:49 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

In addition to blowing up the planet, he also loses to Taven.

Taven. As I said, Palpatine would destroy Taven. no expression

And Palpatine can teleport across the Galaxy... so destroying the planet would ultimately just hinder both of them.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:56 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Point still stands.

What's Raiden best feat?
No it doesnt, he said "Christopher Lamberts version."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 08:22 AM
Bardock42

In addition to blowing up the planet, he also loses to Taven.

Taven. As I said, Palpatine would destroy Taven. no expression

And Palpatine can teleport across the Galaxy... so destroying the planet would ultimately just hinder both of them.

I am under the impression we were talking about the Raiden portrayed in the movie Mortal Kombat 1 and Palpatine as portrayed in the 6 Star Wars Movies. Though, I suppose if we take their most powerfu non-canon/movie abilities into consideration Raiden kills Palpatine even more.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 09:15 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Snafu said it is Raiden from MK 1.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 01:22 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Raiden takes it.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 02:28 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
I am under the impression we were talking about the Raiden portrayed in the movie Mortal Kombat 1 and Palpatine as portrayed in the 6 Star Wars Movies. Though, I suppose if we take their most powerfu non-canon/movie abilities into consideration Raiden kills Palpatine even more.

Prove it.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 06:58 PM
Bardock42

Prove it.

Well, I was under the impression that Raiden at his strongest had the powers of an Elder God, or am I wrong about that?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:09 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Raiden is a GOD.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:09 PM
Bardock42

Well, to be fair, the wrinkly half of Picollo was a God. It's just a title...though, in Raiden's case, as far as I know connecter do quite some power.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:21 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, I was under the impression that Raiden at his strongest had the powers of an Elder God, or am I wrong about that?

Raiden doesn't become an elder god until I think MK 2 or MK 3.

I'm confused now though.

Is this Raiden from the MK1 game, or the MK1 movie? Or does he get his abilities from both? Is this Palpatine in general, or only from what we've seen in the 6 movies?

If it's just what we've seen from the movies, then I agree that Raiden takes it with some effort.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2008 07:31 PM