KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Spiderman Vs NightCrawler

Spiderman vs Nightcrawler - Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Spiderman 3 60.00%
Nightcrawler 1 20.00%
Too close to say 1 20.00%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spiderman Vs NightCrawler
Started by: Placidity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Spiderman Vs NightCrawler

A mysterious figure with teleportation powers has made news headlines in Peter Parker's town.

Not long later, the mysterious character is framed for the murder of Mary Jane Watson.

Spiderman sets off to hunt him down...for good.
He tracks him down to an old cathedral.

Kurt senses Spiderman's presence, and tries to explain that he has been setup. Spiderman hears none of it, especially given NC's demonic appearance, he doesn't seem too innocent. SM vows to avenge MJ's death.

NC is well aware of how dangerous his opponent is, and quickly arms himself with two swords to defend himself.

- Spiderman is willing to kill, or should I say, he's out for blood.

- NC will do whatever it takes to defend himself, even if it means taking Spidey out.

* Fight is in an old cathedral. Fight stays in the cathedral.
* Both characters are aware of each other's powers.
* No BFR.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 09:22 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

BFR?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 09:30 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Well, I'm guessing Spidey knows his way around the cathederal, since that's probably here Venom was made, and his killer intent makes him stronger. Kurt is on the offensive, won't hold back, but he may have that small bit of fear that befalls most people who are framed for doing something bad. He's also quite humble and worry-free, so in the end, Spider-Man's spidey-sense will determine this fight. They borderline precognition where Kurt only relies on reaction time and his acrobatic stamina that Spidey has more than matched.

So overall, I can see Kurt trying to teleport behind Spidey, try to stab him or sink one of his swords deep in him, and Spider would already know this, and brutally disarm him.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 09:42 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
BFR?

Battle Field Removal.

E.g Superman flies Hulk into Space. Game over.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 09:52 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Placidity
Battle Field Removal.

E.g Superman flies Hulk into Space. Game over.
I gotcha wink

Pretty much what Scythe said, Spideys spider sense would be the deciding facotr. That, and his super strength.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 09:54 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

The thing most people will probably disagree with me is that the Spider-sense will not allow Spiderman to predict where NC will pop up.

My reasoning is that NC travels into another dimension, before re-entering this one.

Also, spider-sense doesn't really tell you what and exactly where the danger is. It just warns you that there is imminent danger.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 10:08 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The thing most people will probably disagree with me is that the Spider-sense will not allow Spiderman to predict where NC will pop up.

My reasoning is that NC travels into another dimension, before re-entering this one.

Also, spider-sense doesn't really tell you what and exactly where the danger is. It just warns you that there is imminent danger.
I actually had that same thought. But I wasnt exactly sure if Spidey would be able to sense where NC would pop up.

Question: In the Spidey movies, he senses danger behind him twice, once against Spike, and again against GG. Wouldnt he be able to sense NC popping up behind him?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 10:31 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I'm thinking probably not, since he is entering from another dimension. No hard evidence to back this up though.

I do think Spidey is probably fast enough to react to it even without spidey-sense. The difference is he won't be able to wait for NC to pop up and knock him out.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 10:46 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just thinking about fighting NC, with him poofing all around the room, man, it makes my head spin.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 10:47 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

^ That was something.

So is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG3Gal81pls smile

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 11:24 AM
Impediment
Endless

Spidey's sense borders on precognition, however, IMO, even his spider sense can't predict where Kurt will appear next. Kurt takes this fight.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 12:26 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 12:26 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Maybe he cannot predict where he will appear but the very second he will appear and lashes out against Spider-Man he will know where he is.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 12:43 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

^ Yea, thats what I'm saying, Spiderman has insane reaction time and reflexes aswell. So that evens it out to a pretty good fight IMO.

Also note that if Spidey lands a full strength punch, NC will be down for the count.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:09 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Nightcrawler teleports behind spiderman, grabs his arms and then teleports across the country. HE drops Spiderman's bloody arms and then goes into a pub to get a drink. While sitting in the pub, enjoying his dark brew Nightcrawler see's a newsflash on the pub's T.V. "SOMEONE STOLE SPIDERMANS ARMS!!"

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:09 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

His teleports seem way too fast for spiderman

TGFwashere

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:10 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Nightcrawler teleports behind spiderman, grabs his arms and then teleports across the country. HE drops Spiderman's bloody arms and then goes into a pub to get a drink. While sitting in the pub, enjoying his dark brew Nightcrawler see's a newsflash on the pub's T.V. "SOMEONE STOLE SPIDERMANS ARMS!!"

We're talking abt movie NC. He hasn't shown he can teleport someone's limbs off. Secondly, there is no BFR, as I mentioned in opening post.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:13 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ That was something.

So is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG3Gal81pls smile
that was BADASS.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:20 PM
jinXed by JaNx

We're talking abt movie NC. He hasn't shown he can teleport someone's limbs off. Secondly, there is no BFR, as I mentioned in opening post.

I have no idea what BFR means

and

Why can't we assume that nightcrawler can teleport limbs? He teleported storms entire body.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:20 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ1hUJP-1EE

Just a clip of Spidey owning Ock in SM2. Not saying this clip proves anything, its just for people to get some perspective, like with the NC one.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 01:22 PM