KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Achilles Gauntlet

Where does he stop?
This poll is closed.
1 0 0%
2 1 33.33%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 2 66.67%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
Clears it. 0 0%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Achilles Gauntlet
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Achilles Gauntlet

Achilles from the movie Troy played by Brad Pitt will be pit against this line of foes. Achilles is armed with his sword, dagger, shield, and of course all of his other arnaments he wears. He is fully rested and healed between fights. All fight takes place in a loading construct from The Matrix w/ all-white emptiness. Achilles isn't playing around with his enemies. He's bloodlusted and is going straigh for the kill. Can he make it?

1. 30 Persian Soldiers(300)- Swords *No arrows*
2. Aragorn and Boromir(LOTR)- A. has long sword, dagger, and arrows. B. has sword, shield, and dagger.
3. Nathan Algren, Katsumoto, Ujio(The Last Samurai)- 2 Katanas each w/ armour.
4. Hector(Troy) and Memnon(The Scorpion King)- H. has sword, shield, spear, and armour. M. has two swords, and armour.
5. King Leonidas(300) and Maximus(Gladiator)- L. gets sword, spear, armour, and shield. M. gets shield and sword.
6. V(V for Vendetta)- 8 Daggers, and armour.
7. Blade- His custom titanium acid-edged sword.
8. 5 Spartans(300)- Sword, shield, spear, and armour.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 10:34 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Achilles Gauntlet

He'd probably die in the first round, though take a good 10-12 guys with him. He was shown to be kick-ass when facing a lone opponent or having his argonauts as support when facing an army. I don't recall seeing any 'one man army' feat of his.

I'm assuming the 30 soldiers are coming at him all at once and from as many angles they can muster, not a line type deal.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 11:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Achilles plows through the first battle. When the Greeks land on the beach he shows signs of "One-Man Army". Besides the Persians are push-overs.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 11:16 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

He killed small pockets of men, if 30 came at him from all sides, there's no reason to believe he could dodge or counter every attack and still stay sexy.

He also has his personal compliment of men behind him during the beach battle.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 11:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

he definitely doesnt make it passed two, the rest are over kill

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 11:38 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I seem to remember two Spartans from 300(Stelios and Astanos) killing ALOT of Persians together right before Astanos was beheaded. If those two can I believe the 30 Persians will be a warm-up for Achilles.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 08:30 PM
dadudemon

6 should be the last on the list.

Preceded by a very much interchangeable Blade.

He masacres 30 persian soldiers like it's play time.

He MIGHT get passed 2.

Raaaaaaaped on three. That's just overkill.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 08:36 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I seem to remember two Spartans from 300(Stelios and Astanos) killing ALOT of Persians together right before Astanos was beheaded. If those two can I believe the 30 Persians will be a warm-up for Achilles.

They were also coming at them a few at a time, this would be thirty at once. If Achilles only had to face a handful at a time, he could easily kill a hundred or more.

Maybe a visual wil help:
(please log in to view the image)

That's a lot to defend against while still attacking. I also gave him the benefit of the Persians forming small ranks, to minimize how many spears and swords would be stabbing towards.

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 13th, 2009 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 09:11 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
They were also coming at them a few at a time, this would be thirty at once. If Achilles only had to face a handful at a time, he could easily kill a hundred or more.

Maybe a visual wil help:
(please log in to view the image)

That's a lot to defend against while still attacking. I also gave him the benefit of the Persians forming small ranks, to minimize how many spears and swords would be stabbing towards.

ZOMG! Liek a Bardocks!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 09:29 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Achilles can do it.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 09:36 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Achilles can do it.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 09:40 PM
Bardock42

I don't think I agree with that being a gradual increase in opponents.

And yeah, Robtard is copying me, me being the first to ever have used pictures and charts to illustrate (get it) a point. I feel flattered.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 09:45 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

6...V is vastly more intelligent than the rest of them...he'd know the weak spot...And he's taken firearm rounds...A LOT.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 10:10 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't think I agree with that being a gradual increase in opponents.

And yeah, Robtard is copying me, me being the first to ever have used pictures and charts to illustrate (get it) a point. I feel flattered.

Hey! mad mad mad

I never said any of that! mad mad mad

I was saying that he is using really really simple and illustrations to make a point more clear, similar to what you've done in the past on this site. Yes, of course you're not the first to do it. But...you have kind of done it multiple thymes.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 03:10 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Achilles can do it.

No. He can't.

Achilles loses at round 1. Can this thread die now?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 03:26 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by dadudemon
Hey! mad mad mad

I never said any of that! mad mad mad

I was saying that he is using really really simple and illustrations to make a point more clear, similar to what you've done in the past on this site. Yes, of course you're not the first to do it. But...you have kind of done it multiple thymes.
I don't like thyme, that much.

But I got what you mean, I do, do that at times.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 03:32 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

Achilles clears the board unless he gets struck in his heel. Duh....

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 05:57 PM
six6six is currently offline Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Seen Troy?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 07:39 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

It depends. It's never explicitly shown that Achilles has his famed invincibility in Troy, though they made a definitive point to keep the movied tied to the Illiad by having an arrow in his heel at death.

Some of these characters would be more knowledgeable about Achilles than others. I could maybe see him taking down the Persians, and possibly Aragorn and Boromir (particularly since these two aren't even from the same Earth, and so would never have heard of Achilles), provided the invincibility holds true.

Nathan, at least, would know the tale of the Illiad, I imagine, and would share the knowledge with his comrades.

Hector has already lost to him once, and Memnom seems to be more or less in the same time period, so they wouldn't have the idea to go for his heel.

I'm a Gladiator fanboy, so I want to say that there's no way Achilles could get past Maximus, but there's a decent chance. I'm sure he knows the tale, however, which should give him a decent advantage, and he could share that with Leonidas, and the two would stomp.

V is superhuman and a lore master. He would stomp.

Blade has an established immortality and healing factor. Achilles would be hard pressed to handle him.

Five Spartans? Which ones? The names ones, I'm assuming, and if they know the heel, they stomp. If they don't, they could still win, I think.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 10:44 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

if you go with the "achilles" legend from the real greek literature [not the summary we get in Troy, Achilles was born from Zeus his father. His mother was a peasant woman, and Hera became angry, as she tends to do when her man knocks up another woman. So to protect the woman with Achilles, Zeus gives the woman a magic potion that is gold. She puts it in the cauldron until it's boiling, and then dips the baby Achilles in. But she holds on to one ankle, and is very careful not to touch the potion herself.

He's the invincible cheerleader now!

Thus ultimate flaw. BUT. If Achilles can protect his ankle... it's a bit like the gangster in The Mask taking all those bullets and then firing them out of his mouth. If the ankle is protected, he can be chopped, ground, shot at, weighed down and drowned, cut into little pieces...

but his body will become whole again and not die.

Therefore Achilles gets through everything, providing his ankle is protected.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 10:45 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote