KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Spawn vs. Ghost Rider

Spawn vs. Ghost Rider
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Spawn vs. Ghost Rider

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

(please log in to view the image)

Discuss.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 09:58 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Spawn vs. Ghost Rider

Penance Stare ftw. /end of discussion

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 10:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Penance Stare? I don't think Spawn killed any innocent people.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 10:31 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, i'm not sure that the penance stare would be affective against Spawn. Simmons is already tormented by his past sins everyday.. He is completely aware of his past actions and regrets them. Unless the Penance stare can paralyze Spawn, Ghost rider doesn't have a chance of any kind.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 11:52 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, i'm not sure that the penance stare would be affective against Spawn. Simmons is already tormented by his past sins everyday.. He is completely aware of his past actions and regrets them. Unless the Penance stare can paralyze Spawn, Ghost rider doesn't have a chance of any kind.

Well, feeling regret for the sins he's committed against others and actually feeling their pain like the Penance Stare causes are different.

That being said, I'm not entirely convinced the PS would work on Spawn.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 05:54 AM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spawn.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 01:48 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Spawn ftw

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 07:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Leaning towards a Stalemate.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 08:06 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Penance Stare? I don't think Spawn killed any innocent people.

He was sent to hell for his sins, ergo, he committed sins.

Now, you can argue that the Penance Stare won't work on Spawn because he's a demon/devil, but there is no basis for that from the movies, as Ghost Rider never stated "only works on humans"

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
He was sent to hell for his sins, ergo, he committed sins.

Now, you can argue that the Penance Stare won't work on Spawn because he's a demon/devil, but there is no basis for that from the movies, as Ghost Rider never stated "only works on humans"
It worked on Blackheart.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:17 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

When he had absorbed the souls from San Venganza the Penance Stare had effect, during their first confrontation Ghost Riders Penance Stare was powerless against Blackheart (something about Blackheart not having a soul)

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:32 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Blackheart is the Devil's son, he was born in hell. Spawn has a soul, it's what went to hell, was changed and can back.

Also, Ghost Rider has far greater strength feats than Spawn, I don't recall Spawn doing anything that matched Ghost Rider pulling down a helicopter.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:37 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gotta remember Spawn is a former assassin wth military training. AND his armor.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

And? His guns won't do shit to GR and he's hasn't shown any strength feats that could potentially take down GR via kicking or punching.

On the other-hand, GR has his chain with the hellfire, can melt metal with a wave of his hand and has super-strength.

Possibly would be a stalemate, but GR has work to work with.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:43 PM
Utrigita

I seriously doubt that Hell Fire will damage a suit that originates from hell...

Btw did Spawn sell his soul to the devil in order to gain the Armor in the first place?

Last edited by Utrigita on Apr 1st, 2009 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:46 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was referring to the end of Spawn, when those chains pop out of Spawns armor and act like a chainsaw.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 09:46 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Spawn takes this. And I do believe Spawn gave Malbolgia his soul so he could take revenge, plus with his abilities, he could take GR. And while he might not have as many strength feats, he did show durability, regeneration, and his cape, chains, and armor are uber powerful. He was even strong enough to put fear in Malbolgia when he challenged him in his own domain. I hope they show that in the sequel.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 10:46 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

GR has durability, regeneration and a chain too.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 11:17 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spawn is black. Pwned.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 11:31 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by celestialdemon
Well, feeling regret for the sins he's committed against others and actually feeling their pain like the Penance Stare causes are different.

That being said, I'm not entirely convinced the PS would work on Spawn.

I don't know man, i have to disagree. Simmons was in Hell for a long time. He lived every pain imaginable. Unlike, Blackeheart, Spawn is a tortured soul from hell who is seeking redemption.I've never seen the PS work on anyone like that in the movie's or comics. He lived the pains of his sins. That is what hell is...,realization and repetition.

Blackheart was incapable of empathy and compassion. He was groomed to reign not serve.

Besides, Ghost Rider is silly

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 2nd, 2009 at 01:12 AM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 01:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote