KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Gort (The Day The Earth Stood Still ['51]) vs. General Grievous (Revenge of the Sith)

Gort or Grievous?
This poll is closed.
Gort 0 0%
Grievous 0 0%
Total: 0 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gort (The Day The Earth Stood Still ['51]) vs. General Grievous (Revenge of the Sith)
Started by: XanatosForever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Gort (The Day The Earth Stood Still ['51]) vs. General Grievous (Revenge of the Sith)

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, Spaceman Klaatu comes to said galaxy to extend the process of his peoples that have allowed galactic peace to reign. His ship lands on a Separatist controlled world, and he meets with the world's leaders.

Darth Sidious hears of this stranger and, feeling a threat to his bid for galactic conquest, orders Count Dooku to send General Grievous to handle the..."diplomacy".

Grievous slices Klaatu to ribbons on the assembly floor, which triggers Gort to come out of the spaceship and begin his assault on the planet. Grievous goes to confront the rampaging robot. Can the General end this nuisance to the Separatist movement, or will Gort succeed in his pre-programmed mission of xenocide?

Considering the Gort for this versus is pretty archival, here's a list of his feats for consideration:

- Gort is 8ft tall, and made of an unknown substance that can withstand the most powerful cutting tools.

-Gort is equipped with a laser beam that is capable of erasing humans, guns, tanks, artillery, and even an experimental plastic designed to be tougher than military grade steel (if there is such a thing)

- Gort is canonically stated to have the power to raze the planet and end all possible life.

- Gort was able to neutralize all electric capabilities on the planet for thirty minutes.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 05:06 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

What's stopping Gort from EMPing Grievous and then vaporizing his organs?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 05:39 AM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Gort can do that, is this even a fight?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 05:56 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Honestly, this was a bit of an experiment fight. I was trying not to make something spite, but I was having a hard time to think of a proper opponent. Hell, I even powered down by making it '51 Gort and not '09 GORT. GORT would rape Grievous five ways 'til Sunday.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 07:00 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Dr. Manhattan may be a good opponent for GORT if all you are trying to do is find a good opponent for him.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 09:22 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Dr. Manhattan would obliterate Gort.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:20 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kong and Godzilla versus Gort?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 01:58 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Kong and Godzilla versus Gort?

No contest, Gort.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 05:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Hokay, so iFail on making two movie versus threads so far. Maybe the third time will be the charm no expression

I could have shot myself in the foot some by wanting to get a "robot vs robot" match up, too, thus Grievous (even though he's technically a cyborg...or is it android?).

If anyone else cares to help me figure out a good opponent for Klaatu's stoic silvery giant, we can continue the discussion in the social thread. As for this one, reported for unintentional spite.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 05:38 PM
Eminence
Boss

Silver Surfer?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 06:11 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Gort definitely makes Grevious his little space-bi*ch.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 06:16 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gort versus 100 Sentinels?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 09:19 PM
Impediment
Endless

Closed at thread starters request.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 09:44 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote