KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » How strong is Iron Man?

How strong is Iron Man?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

How strong is Iron Man?

How strong is Iron Man in his Mark III armor at full power? What movie character is he comparable with when it comes to physical strength? How many tons can he lift?

Keep in mind the following:

T-800
T-X
Data
Spider-Man
Thing
Colossus
Mr. Incredible
King Kong

Here's a gauntlet of feats. Could he do them at full power? List the ones you can see him doing and explain the ones you think he couldn't do.

1. Break out of thick steel chains.
2. Bend jail cell bars made of steel.
3. Lift an SUV
4. Hold up that closing wall in T3: Rise of the Machines that T-850 held up.
5. Floor RoboCop w/ one punch.
6. Floor Mr. Incredible w/ one punch.
7. Stop the speeding train in Spiderman 2.
8. Make a blindfolded King Kong notice you with a punch.
9. Make a blindfolded Hulk notice you with a punch.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 07:23 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: How strong is Iron Man?

He struggled with that Audi SUV, but he was also low on power.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I doubt Iron Man could make Hulk even giggle.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:09 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Re: Re: How strong is Iron Man?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
He struggled with that Audi SUV, but he was also low on power.
He's at full power here.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:31 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: How strong is Iron Man?

Originally posted by Darth Martin
He's at full power here.

And we do not have a movie strength feat with him at full capacity to go by.

But is we use some simple (ie retard) math, that Audi weighed about 5500lbs (with people), he was at about 10% power, iirc. So his max would be about 28 tons.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

damn.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:37 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
damn.

Which means Spider-man over-powers him, rips off the 'underwear' portion of his suit and has his spider-way with Tony.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:55 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which means Spider-man over-powers him, rips off the 'underwear' portion of his suit and has his spider-way with Tony.
Got yerself a boner eh?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:58 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Got yerself a boner eh?

Raging one.

Want me to include Harry Potter in the convo, so you can join in?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 09:13 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

laughing out loud

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 09:14 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i can better answer this if/when a lot strength feats are featured in IM 2 ands beyond

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 12:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i can better answer this if/when a lot strength feats are featured in IM 2 ands beyond

QFT. yes

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 01:05 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

In IM2, he lifts about 28 tons, not easy, but he does it.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 01:30 AM
dadudemon

In IM2, he lifts about 28 tons, not easy, but he does it.

You're...serious? Does he really?

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!?!?!!?

sad

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 01:43 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No, I was trying to pass off my retard-math as fact.

How funny will it be if it turns out to be spot-on.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 02:17 AM
dadudemon

No, I was trying to pass off my retard-math as fact.

How funny will it be if it turns out to be spot-on.

Dude....

I was wondering how you saw the movie from your posts earlier in this thread until that last post. It seemed kind of weird that the numbers match. laughing

But, true, that would be awesome if your numbers matched...kind of like guessing the mood of a woman as you can never tell what those guys will do to our comic book heroes when they hit the big screen. sad

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 03:24 AM
Nightstick

I don't know the exact weight of the the SUV, but general they are around 3-4 tons give or take. When he lifted it he was at 19% power. Now my math isn't the best, but I think that means his full power lifting capacity is around 20 tons. With rounding of course.

This means he can bend steel easy. Low quality steel bends at roughly 2 tons. I doubt the high grade stuff is 10x stronger.

As for Thing and Spider-Man assuming you mean movie versiond. They could both over power him. Spider-man was able to hold a tram car with one hand. From what I understand the weight on one of those is around 15 tons. The Thing was able to support much of the weight of the London Eye which weighs over a 1,000tons. even if we discount that he was able to lift/move a fire truck in in the first F4 movie and fire trucks typicaly weigh between 14 and 28tons depending on load and make.

Kong assuming new Kong. Was picking up and tossing cars(likely in the 2 ton range) and could overpower the jaws of t-rex like dinosaurs. Even crocodiles have a jaw power of around 2tons. However as your average gorillas is estimated to be in the strength range of 1-2 tons at least and Kong is about 5x bigger then your average gorilla 25ft vs 5ft. If his strength scales up propuortionatly then he is aorund 10 tons. Indicating that their is a good chance that Iron-Man could seriously hurt him.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 11:46 AM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I'm not asking could he beat Spider-Man in strength, I'm asking could he floor him in one punch.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 12:32 PM
HumanMovieGuide
Whoa!

Hard to say exactly how strong is Tony at full power but I'm going to address Ben and Bob's strength level.

Now the total weight of the London Eye is 1870 tons, but lifting that thing was more Invisible Woman's feat than Thing's considering when the Eye first disconnect from the support, it was Sue that caught it with her forcefield and was pulling it back up before Ben and Reed even joined in. I serious doubt she decided to let Ben and Reed do all the lifting after they joined, but kept a forcefield around it for the hell of it.

That being said I would think Ben's strength level is more or less around the level of comic Thing based off his showings in the first film.

Now Mr. Incredible is a legitimate class 100. Just like Spiderman, Mr. Incredible had to stop a train at the very beginning of the film when one of Bomb Voyage's bombs blew up the tracks. Unlike Spiderman, instead of needing several minutes, miles of track, a ton of webbing, and exhausting himself into unconsciousness, Bob just ran up to the train to stop it and made it look easy. He was also careful unlike Hancock who friggin derailed a train.

Then later when Bob was returning from retirement, he was exercising in the railways by pulling entire trains and using the tanker cars as dumb bells. Bob's best strength feat was in his final battle with the Omnidroid when the droid destroyed Violet's forcefield, and attempted to crush her. However Bob got underneath that thing and was outmuscling it. Remember the final Omnidroid is pretty much a 100+ ft metal sphere, so we can only guess how much it weighs.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 07:47 AM
HumanMovieGuide is currently offline Click here to Send HumanMovieGuide a Private Message Find more posts by HumanMovieGuide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HumanMovieGuide
Whoa!

One more misconception I'm going to address are Spiderman's tram and train feats. Those are not lifting feats, they're iron grip feats. A person's iron grip is way stronger than their lifting strength. You could even try it for yourself by finding a ledge or bar to hold onto and take your feet off the ground. Pretty easy right? Well you just held up your entire body weight with your iron grip. See not too hard. Now find a person who's about your weight and try to lift him up. Way harder now right? So while it was impressive Peter was able to hold on and not get ripped apart especially by the train, it's not a lifting feat.

And if you still insist it's a lifting feat, that by your logic Ellen Ripley and Mr. Incredible's wife Elastigirl can easily lift up several tons since Elastigirl held up an RV with her family inside and Ripley was able to support the entire weight of a Queen Alien AND resist the vacuum of space pulling her down. But last I checked other than having a powerful iron grip, both women are only possess the strength of a very fit normal woman.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 08:16 AM
HumanMovieGuide is currently offline Click here to Send HumanMovieGuide a Private Message Find more posts by HumanMovieGuide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote