KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Technology vs Magic

Technology vs Magic
Started by: Dr Will Hatch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr Will Hatch

Technology vs Magic

A world filled with movie characters with access to top shelf fictional technology vs a world filled with nothing but the most powerful magic users, items, entities and so on. Each planet is like Earth with a maximum population of 3 billion. Metaphysical entities such as Dr Manhattan exist on the Sci Fi Earth, while demons, gods and things like that exist on Magic Earth. Each side gets a year prep to conquer the other planet, the distance apart being about the distance between the real Earth and Mars.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 02:03 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Does the Force count as magic?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 02:09 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Good question.From what we heard and saw in the movies, The Force is extensively studied and is a proven presense in the Galaxy. It can be scientifically explained and could be argued to be biological in nature. It really could go either way, but I would put the Jedi and Sith on the Sci Fi planet because of their lightsabers, starships and other good high end tech.

Last edited by Dr Will Hatch on Jul 15th, 2009 at 02:27 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 02:13 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

In that case, here are some of the heavy hitters on each side. Keep in mind I'm not that informed about the magic side.

Magic
Q
Genie(Aladdin)
Saurumon
Gandalf
Witch King
Dumbledore
Harry Potter
Spawn
Voldemort
Proffesor Snape
Merlin
Ghost Rider
Constatine
Malbogia

Tech
Doctor Manhattan
Emperor Palpatine
Yoda
Darth Vader
Skynet
Autobots
Decepticons
Doctor Doom
Reed Richards
Syndrome
Iron Man
Ozymandias

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 02:25 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well, lets see a T-800 versus David Copperfield.

That'd give us the answers, I believe.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 02:59 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well lets see a T-800 versus David Copperfield.

David Copperfield doesn't count unless he's been in a movie. no expression

Also, neither does Q.

And Q's powers are cosmic, not magic.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 03:00 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by dadudemon
Q's powers are cosmic, not magic.

Is there a difference really? Most magic users get their powers from deities. I included Dr Manhattan on the Science Fiction side because he developed his powers via technology and is a physicist.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 03:05 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I wasnt talking versus thread. no expression

I mean in pure principles of magic vs tech........

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 03:06 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I wasnt talking versus thread. no expression

I mean in pure principles of magic vs tech........

He could use a rolling stage to avoid the T 800 but give the impression that he made him disapear? stick out tongue

Last edited by Dr Will Hatch on Jul 15th, 2009 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 03:09 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stick out tongue And the illusion that it hadn't just ripped his heart out...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 03:10 AM
Dr Will Hatch

If he can catch up. Copperfield has a helicopter, does Arnold get any weapons?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 03:13 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, lets see a T-800 versus David Copperfield.

laughing out loud

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 05:20 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
If he can catch up. Copperfield has a helicopter, does Arnold get any weapons?

Everything he asked for in the gun shop in T1.

Including a very sciencey phased plasma rifle with da forty watta raaaaaaannnnnge.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 15th, 2009 at 01:07 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 01:05 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder how Copperfield would fare against a tiger, dooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 03:05 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I wonder how Copperfield would fare against a tiger, dooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!

I think you're thinking of Siegfried & Roy, as I don't recall Copperfield being attacked by a tiger.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 05:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Unfortunately... stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 05:46 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I think you're thinking of Siegfried & Roy, as I don't recall Copperfield being attacked by a tiger.
Yes, that was the joke, he never faced a tiger, they did, I wonder how he'd do........

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 05:58 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

No it wasnt.

Thats why you put the "doooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

'Cause you were trying to sass about the mauling, thinking that it was Copperfield.

Hence my previous post and Robtard's reaction.

Just own it and move on...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:00 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The doooooooooooooooh was to emphasize that it was a tasteless joke roll eyes (sarcastic) How the hell does one confuse S & R with Copperfield?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:02 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Easily?

After all, you did, despite claiming to not know how it could happen.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 06:04 PM