KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?

Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?

(please log in to view the image)

Reed Richards assembles a team of super-powered beings from his universe to bring down the leader of the Autobots. Can he do it?

Team Marvel
Mr. Fantastic
Iron Man
Storm
Thing
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Green Goblin
Doc Ock

Setting: Gotham City

Scenario I: City is populated
Scenario II: City is evacuated.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 07:51 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iron Man and Gobby bombing him from the sky, Spider Man and Thing pounding away on him, Wolverine? Dude, Prime aint that prime.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 07:55 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Prime dies. Horribly.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Jul 20th, 2009 at 08:06 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 08:13 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

After consideration, I have decided to let this stay open. However, Let me ask everyone else:

Am I the only one who thinks that this thread is spite? It seems to me that Prime would die horribly by the hands of so many supers.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 08:06 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

It won't be that lopsided. You seem to forget how freakishly powerful Optimus Prime is. Not on a level close to his G1 counterpart, but he's definitely on the level of movie Hulk.
It goes either way.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 08:20 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Na, Hulk kick his ass, especially Ang-Hulk.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 08:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I say Prime takes this with noticeable difficulty. Let's say he goes on top of a building. People like Wolverine and Thing won't be able to get to him. Storm is the best bet. If she can create a bunch of powerful tornadoes like in X2 they might last awhile.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Iron Man and Gobby bombing him from the sky, Spider Man and Thing pounding away on him, Wolverine? Dude, Prime aint that prime.
LOL at the fact that Wolverine is of any major significance here. Thing? Temporarily BFR will do. Serious Prime faces much stronger opponents. Green Goblin bombs are going to hurt Prime. These things take F-22 missiles. The big guns are Iron Man and Storm. The rest are there for support. This is no spite.

Originally posted by Robtard
Na, Hulk kick his ass, especially Ang-Hulk.
I doubt it. Prime's energon blades would make short work of Hulk. I'm not even sure if Hulk is stronger than Prime at base form.

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jul 20th, 2009 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 08:27 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

This definitely isn't spite.
quote:
Darth Martin
Mr. Fantastic
Iron Man
Storm
Thing
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Green Goblin
Doc Ock
1. Physically useless, probably dies horribly, might have tactical utility.

2. Absolutely needs to stay high in the air. At close range he'll get cleaved in two, if he isn't constantly moving he's going to get blown apart by one of Prime's guns. His wrist-rocket and repulsors are obviously going to be his most useful contribution to the team.

3. Definitely useful. Lightning strikes are almost certainly going to hit Prime hard. However, she is the least durable of the Marvels; even the shockwave and debris from a moderately close blast will either incapacitate or kill her, so like Iron Man she needs to stay very high in the air or take cover at a distance. Even then, her utility is limited by the fact that Prime can throw himself into one of the buildings for protection against the lightning, at least in the first scenario, and the loss of precision that would come with increases in distance would make Storm almost as much a danger to her teammates as she would be to Prime.

4. Not all that useful here. Prime appears to be significantly stronger, is definitely significantly larger, and is equipped with guns that could potentially kill one-shot Grimm and energon blades that definitely could.

5. Webbing fails against an astoundingly agile giant transforming robot equipped with the equivalent of car-sized lightsabers and hand cannons. I can see Spiderman being strong enough to do aesthetic damage to Prime, and arguably even rip out his optics, but I highly doubt he can latch on to Prime's head long enough to do that. As with all the above, a shot or slash from the weapons kills him, and blunt force trauma - acknowledging the ridiculous amounts he's survived before - won't exactly be comfortable.

6. Not terribly useful.

7. His weapons don't appear to be nearly strong enough to do much to Prime, and he won't be doing much in melee combat; he isn't as agile as Spiderman and he can't stick to things, so once his weapons run out he's basically fodder, like Wolverine.

8. Too slow, too weak. He's one of the first to die.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 08:54 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

optimus prime cant hit iron man who can fly at mach 1. so yeah iron man wins alone.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 08:55 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

This is a massacre. Prime doesn't stand a chance. Take out Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron man and Green Goblin and then Optimus would probably win. Otherwise there is no chance. Did anyone else see how vulnerable the Transformers were to military weaponry in, Revenge of the Fallen?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 09:27 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I'm not sure of your team there. Why didn't you list and characters that could account for size? Size isn't everything but Goliath and Giant-Man would be essential to make sure Optimus doesn't just step on everybody.

And why Gotham? Excuse me if I have a too far-out idea here, but how about set it in New York?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 09:51 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Martin

I doubt it. Prime's energon blades would make short work of Hulk. I'm not even sure if Hulk is stronger than Prime at base form.

Ang-Hulk survived a gamma-bomb at ground zero and ripped out the side of a rock cliff (which probably weighs as much as Prime) and hammer-curled 65s ton well over a mile, this is what you have to top before you make such claims.

Hulk jumps on Prime and it's smashy-smashy time.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 09:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
After consideration, I have decided to let this stay open. However, Let me ask everyone else:

Am I the only one who thinks that this thread is spite? It seems to me that Prime would die horribly by the hands of so many supers.

yes it is spite.. Prime is good, but up against these guys, he goes down very bad

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 10:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Especially if the Marvel side bring out Marvel G1 Prime.

shifty

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 10:20 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Never read a Transformers comic, was Prime even more bad-ass than in the G1 cartoon?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 10:46 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Definitely, I would say.
About the only thing to destroy even bits of him, was Megatron's Fusion cannon taking out an arm once, and when he was detonated in one lame assed storyline (so he could be bought back as powermaster Prime bunch of issues after.)

Aside from that his feats and effectiveness against the deceps were numerous and impressive.

The humans were unable to mess with transformers also, in the comic. (Circuit breaker was almost the only human who did.)

Prime once took out Soundwave, Rumble, Laserbeak, Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker in one effort to rescue a captured and barbarically tortured Bumblebee.
Most of those were with his bare hands after Starscream and the other jets ambushed Prime in the desert.
(If memory serves, he did it one handedly, as his shoulder was damaged by one of the jets letting rip with at close range.)
That story was "Crisis of Command".

If McClane and John Wayne had an Autobot lovechild, It'd have been G1 comic Prime.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 20th, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 10:59 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

jinXed by JaNx
This is a massacre. Prime doesn't stand a chance. Take out Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron man and Green Goblin and then Optimus would probably win.
What is Spiderman going to do? What is Wolverine going to do? What is Green Goblin going to do?

quote:
jinXed by JaNx
Did anyone else see how vulnerable the Transformers were to military weaponry in, Revenge of the Fallen?
To mass carpet bombing and a prototype rail gun?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 11:11 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Spiderman momentarily was able to web Megatron up issue number three in the comic. Megatron was able to break free of it eventually.. he ripped the webbing off (being much more powerful than the one in Bayformers), but it was a good ploy to buy time for a Gears and Buster to try to get away.

And Megatron was fiercely powerful and slightly insane.....perhaps slightly more powerful than Prime.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 11:14 PM
Darth Martin

I doubt this team will be able to bring down Prime. The only big guns here are Storm and Iron Man. All you people who claim spite, I wish you'd take the time to explain why.

Originally posted by Robtard
Ang-Hulk survived a gamma-bomb at ground zero and ripped out the side of a rock cliff (which probably weighs as much as Prime) and hammer-curled 65s ton well over a mile, this is what you have to top before you make such claims.
I said I doubt Hulk is stronger than Prime at his base form. In all of those instances you specified Hulk had considerable amount of time to grow from anger. I have no doubt Prime could throw a tank. The mere landing of some of these Transformers caused cars to fly. Prime is a much better fighter, has a long range advantage, and is smarter. Hulk advantages are likely being stronger after a period of time, can leap, and is faster(capable of running at speeds up to 300mph).

I think Prime would beat Hulk. But that's totally off-topic.

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
This is a massacre. Prime doesn't stand a chance. Take out Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron man and Green Goblin and then Optimus would probably win.
You are sverely underestimating Prime. What is Wolverine going to do exactly? Compared to Prime his claws are like toothpicks.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yes it is spite.. Prime is good, but up against these guys, he goes down very bad
Your welcome to explain.

Originally posted by Eminence
What is Spiderman going to do? What is Wolverine going to do? What is Green Goblin going to do?
Spider-Man is quite strong. He may get into Prime's armor but would likely be slapped off. Wolverine can't do much unless Thing throws him. Goblin's missiles are worse than grenades. Prime would laugh at them and his machine guns.

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jul 20th, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 11:19 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Eminence

To mass carpet bombing and a prototype rail gun?

I saw the marines causing some significant damage to the transformers in, Revenge of the Fallen. That is besides the point though. Wolverine will leap onto Optimus and cut his shit into pieces.

I'm not sure whether or not i'd be willing to wager that Spiderman or Green Goblin alone could take down Optimus. Spiderman probably could but either way these two will offer incredible support to any team. They both would force Primes attention and since their agility allows them to dodge any long range attacks from Prime. Any attacks focused on them will leave him vulnerable. Spiderman could dodge Primes attacks all day and Goblin can just fly around, staying out of Primes close range attacks, hurling bombs at him all day.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 12:35 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote