KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Superman vs Hal Jordan

Superman vs Hal Jordan
Started by: Placidity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Superman vs Hal Jordan

Hal Jordan the Green Lantern (Green Lantern - First Flight)

(please log in to view the image)

vs

The Man of Steel (Superman Returns)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

In the DC Universe, Lex Luthor has setup Superman to take the fall for a murdered Green Lantern. Hal Jordan has been dispatched by the Green Lantern Corp to bring Superman to Justice.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Now I know Superman is quite popular, and also has a significant speed advantage. So I'm going to have to give Hal some help.

He has the full power of the Lantern Core in these fights.

Scenario I - Pure Hand to Hand punch on. No super speed.

Scenario II - Anything goes. Sinestro teams up with Hal Jordan.

I know most people probably haven't seen the film, but comic Superhero fans should definitely watch it. Its better than Superman: Doomsday or the Justice League film IMO.

Heres the trailer...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 02:50 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Haven't seen the new film yet. I hear it's good. What kind of constructs does Hal create?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 04:35 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Hard to say...he makes a few things. Nothing too fancy though. He made a large construction drill machine thing, and rocket launcher. He'd probably just stick to straight blasts and shields vs SM though.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 05:32 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Is it worth watching?

As for the thread I don't see why Hal can't win assuming his will power is great enough for his shields not to break on the impact of Kal's punches.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 06:30 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Is it worth watching?

IMO, its worth watching. Its not excellent by any means, but the fact you know who GL is, you would probably find it entertaining. Rated 7.4 on imdb if that means anything...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 09:23 AM
Darth Martin

Even though I think IMDB is total shit I suppose that's pretty good for a DCAU flick. Can't wait on the Batman/Superman: Public Enemies.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 04:21 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Wouldn't Superman destroy Hal in a h2h fight? I'm assuming he's unable to shield himself or use the ring at all to hit him in that scenario.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 02:50 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Wouldn't Superman destroy Hal in a h2h fight? I'm assuming he's unable to shield himself or use the ring at all to hit him in that scenario.

He can use the ring for the personal shield that is always up and also strength amping.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 02:55 AM
Darth Martin

Wouldn't Superman destroy Hal in a h2h fight?
How? Hal's shields should be is strong as he wills them to be.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 03:21 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Darth Martin
How? Hal's shields should be is strong as he wills them to be.

Did you read the rest of my post? Also it wouldn't be the first time Clark's strength was greater than a GL's willpower.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 03:26 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

When Hal Jordan absorbed all of the energy of the Lantern Core, he was strong enough to pull two moons (looked like Saturn's, but not sure...) against its orbit, one with each hand...

Thats definitely in league with Superman's lifting feats (however, one should note, Supes was lifting a kryptonite embedded mass, as well as having it in him). A good matchup I say...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 03:53 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Also it wouldn't be the first time Clark's strength was greater than a GL's willpower.

Hmmm wink

Edit: Just noticed Batman is actually laughing. Thats crazy.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 12:22 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Delete..

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 12:23 PM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Batman should facepalm there. It would've been a lot more awesome. Or simply smirk.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 12:35 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If we're using First Flight Hal vs Routh Superman, then Routh Superman.

If we're talking the comic versions, then things change dramatically.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 12:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

^ Which scenario are you referring to Raoul?

And yea, its Routh...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 12:47 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Placidity
^ Which scenario are you referring to Raoul?

And yea, its Routh...

both, tbh laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 04:44 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Routh's Superman destroys First Flight GL since Jordan is just a rookie Lantern.

FYI, the GL movie is decent enough to add to your library if you are a fan, I have to admit. However, I was left wanting more.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 05:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Impediment
Routh's Superman destroys First Flight GL since Jordan is just a rookie Lantern.

FYI, the GL movie is decent enough to add to your library if you are a fan, I have to admit. However, I was left wanting more.

i think most people felt that way, tbh. though there is the *sigh* ryan reynolds one in the works...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 03:02 PM