KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Trade places with Snake Plissken!!!

Trade places with Snake Plissken!!!
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trade places with Snake Plissken!!!

You are a highly trained special forces soldier turned criminal, and are about to be cast into New York prison (Same events in Escape from New York.) As in the movie, you have 24 hours to find and extract the President, same circumstances Snake Plissken faced. You are led into an armory and told to choose your weapons. You have the following slots to fill.

PRIMARY WEAPON...Assault Rifle/Sub machine gun/Shotgun/Sniper rifle, one slot to fill:

SECONDARY WEAPON....Sidearm, one slot to fill:

CLOSE QUARTERS WEAPON...Melee Weapon (Explosives may be substituted here), one slot to fill:

TACTICAL ATTIRE....Clothing/Bulletproof vest:

TECHNOLOGY....Nightvision goggles/Motion sensors, etc;, two slots to fill:

METHOD OF ENTRY.....Glider/Submarine/Scuba:

What weapon/article of clothing do you choose to fill each slot? Any weapon from any movie ever made may be used. Bear in mind you will be on foot, running around, so pack light. And let's keep it halfway real. No invisible Predator tech, no wrist mounted nukes, but blasters and lightsabers may be chosen.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Last edited by Rogue Jedi on Jul 25th, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 10:26 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn, no one?

OK...

PRIMARY WEAPON...Assault Rifle/Sub machine gun/Shotgun/Sniper rifle, one slot to fill: MP5 submachine gun.

SECONDARY WEAPON....Sidearm, one slot to fill: Beretta 92f

CLOSE QUARTERS WEAPON...Melee Weapon (Explosives may be substituted here), one slot to fill: Lightsaber

TACTICAL ATTIRE....Clothing/Bulletproof vest:Solid Snake's sneak suit.

TECHNOLOGY....Nightvision goggles/Motion sensors, etc;, two slots to fill: Motion sensors from "Aliens", nightvision goggles.

METHOD OF ENTRY.....HALO insertion.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 06:18 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Good thread but I think the title is what's unattractive. wink

Primary Weapon: Phaser Rifle- Do I really need to explain. Probably the most versatile weapon out there.

Sidearm: Phaser Pistol- Same here.

Close Quarters Weapon: Lightsaber- No weight and should cut through anything. Not to mention it's not something extremely huge, just a handlebar or hilt.

Tactical Attire: Mandalorian Armor- Think of Jango Fett's armor.

Technology: Yautja Bio-Mask/Tri-Corder- The Bio-Mask will allow me to sense movement by heat signature, limited HUD, amplify my hearing, and provide facial protection.

Method of Entry: Teleportation- Silent and no one will hear or see any arrival.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 06:55 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Good thread but I think the title is what's unattractive. wink

Primary Weapon: Phaser Rifle- Do I really need to explain. Probably the most versatile weapon out there.

Sidearm: Phaser Pistol- Same here.

Close Quarters Weapon: Lightsaber- No weight and should cut through anything. Not to mention it's not something extremely huge, just a handlebar or hilt.

Tactical Attire: Mandalorian Armor- Think of Jango Fett's armor.

Technology: Yautja Bio-Mask/Tri-Corder- The Bio-Mask will allow me to sense movement by heat signature, limited HUD, amplify my hearing, and provide facial protection.

Method of Entry: Teleportation- Silent and no one will hear or see any arrival.

I kinda said no Predator tech in the opening post. And you will be running around NY city all day, you really think Fett's armor is tactical?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 06:57 PM
Darth Martin

Re: Trade places with Snake Plissken!!!

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
No invisible Predator tech

And yes I think the Mandalorian armor will suit me fine. After all, my weapons are all lightweight unlike an MP5.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 07:00 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hard be stealthy with that big ass suit on, plus it prolly weighs alot more than regular clothes.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 07:02 PM
Darth Martin

And the tradeoff is no heat signature and serious durability. It's not as heavy as you may think.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 07:05 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Link?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 07:05 PM
Darth Martin

Your not wearing it, I am.

It's basically a body suit with plates all over it.

Btw, am I gonna be fighting people? If so who?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 07:10 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also, what good would hiding your heat signature do? You are gonna be in Manhattan prison, man, the inmates have thermal imaging.

Up to you how many you fight. You can take them on directly, or do as Snake did, go for stealth.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 10:17 PM
Darth Martin

I have no idea of the setting or what your talking about. I haven't seen either of the films.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 10:22 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082340/plotsummary

The year is 1997. New York City has been turned into a maximum security prison colony, when the American crime rates grows high. New York City is surrounded by a wall and the bridge is mined making sure no convict escapes from New York. Snake Plissken, a one-eyed former soldier turned bank robber arrives at New York after being sentenced to life imprisonment in New York City. Bob Hauk, police commissioner who runs the New York penal colony gives Snake a job for his freedom. Snake is sent into New York to find and rescue the President of the United States who is trapped in New York, when a terrorist hijacked Air Force One and crashed it in New York. Not only Snake must rescue the President, he must also retrieve a cassette containing vital information in the President's possession. Hauk has Snake implanted with a bomb which is programmed to detonate in 22 hours, which will kill Snake if he fails the mission, and Hauk will have the bomb disarmed if Snake succeeds. Entering New York and 22 hours before the bomb kills him, Snake sets out to rescue the President who is being held hostage by a ruthless warlord known as The Duke of New York. Can Snake rescue the President and retrieve the cassette before the 22 hours are up? and will Snake Escape from New York?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 10:30 PM
Darth Martin

My armor's weight doesn't really matter when you think about it. I have two phasers.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 10:31 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude, you will be in the run for 24 hours, inmates all around you, that armor, it will definitely be a hindrance.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 10:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Dude, you will be in the run for 24 hours, inmates all around you, that armor, it will definitely be a hindrance.

With two phasers he can out-shoot anything Snake faced, hell, he could level the city given time.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 10:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Either you don't know your Star Trek or you severely underestimate the capabilities of Phasers. They can be set to wide-setting and incinerate entire walls. Think of it like a rifle which fires a lightsaber beam that can be set to a variety of widths and settings which can stun, kill, or incinerate.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 10:41 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I guess I rushed while posting qualifying weapons, phasers and blasters make it too easy. Lets go with modern earth based weapons only, no scifi shit.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 10:46 PM
Darth Martin

Primary Weapon: M-4 w/ M203 attachment.
Close-Quarters Weapon: Glock 18

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 11:27 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think I'd carry two Beretta full automatics, less weight to lug around.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 11:31 PM
Darth Martin

Beretta full-automatic? Is that a rifle or a pistol? I've never heard of an automatic pistol by Beretta. Depends on your accuracy. I myself haven't been to a firing range in what seems a year.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 11:33 PM