KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Mike Tyson versus Apollo Creed...

Mike Tyson versus Apollo Creed...
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mike Tyson versus Apollo Creed...

Mike Tyson, from the movie "Tyson"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114759/

versus Apollo Creed. Regulated boxing match, 10 rounds. Both fighters are obviously in their prime.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 02:41 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

tyson tyson tyson

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:16 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Creed. He and Rocky were trading punches that no other 'real' boxer would likely take, for that long.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I cant see Tyson ever catching Creed.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:36 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I cant see Tyson ever catching Creed.

Don't think I'd matter if he could, Creed can take hit and keep going.

We've seen how Tyson fares when he can't end an opponent early.

If anyone hasn't seen it, that documentary was surprizing decent, if you're into boxing/Tyson. Jumps around a lot though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I'd give it to Apollo Creed. That bastard's fast.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:48 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Creed destroys him/the end

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 08:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

How long will it take? I say 4-5 rounds.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 08:13 PM
Dr Will Hatch

Tyson's damage soak will be an asset, but Creed is faster and probably more skilled.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 03:12 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tyson's damage soak? What damage soak? You mean the glass jaw that Buster Douglas discovered?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 05:46 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

LOL What fight did YOU see, RJ...?

Tysons jaw was concrete that endured 8 rounds of hammering from and 18 stone man moving at fast speed...!

You go on like he got wasted in the 1st round.

And Tyson was definitely nowhere near from on that fight anyways, hence his slowness in defense and getting across the ring like he did.

If Tyson is peak Tyson (as stated in the OP), he probably could do Creed if he catches him..

But Creed has the speed. And Tyson doped up/smokin weed, loses his speed, probably will need to heed before he bleeds as Creed plants the seeds that flower violent deeds.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Dec 9th, 2009 at 03:02 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 03:00 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, its just when I think of fighters with great damage soak, I think Balboa, Drago, I think Pikey and McClane.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 03:41 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Pikey's damage soak is probably less than Tyson's.

Tyson had better offensive/defensive technique too, which aids damage soak potential.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Dec 9th, 2009 at 04:12 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 04:09 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Pikey took tenish rounds of bare knuckle abuse, dude, BAD comparison.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 05:46 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thread idea......

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 06:01 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
The Pikey took tenish rounds of bare knuckle abuse, dude, BAD comparison.

No its not my comparison that bad, its your understanding of what bare knuckle fighting that is.

Fighters dont throw with everything behind like pro boxers do.
Tyson took much more in the ring.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 01:34 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK, where can more damage be dealt? In a boxing match with gloves, or a bareknuckled boxing match?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 02:37 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Depends.
With gloves on, peoplepunch with their full bodyweight and speed.
More chance of a knockout where someone bangs their head/dies...
Plenty of people died in the ring over the years.
I know that given the chance, Id wear light ounceage gloves, if about to smash someone for the count.

Your more likely to be cut, and break your hands, bare knuckle.
(And it too has its fair share of knockouts)

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 03:10 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

One thing that baffled me was Apollo in Rocky 4. He claimed to be in the best shape of his life, faster and stronger, but he looked pretty shitty.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 03:33 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

All fighters say that to sell the fight.

It was a fitting continous analogy perhaps, that Ali (who Creed was clearly based on) pushed it too far in a similar fashion, when he was on all that parkinson's medication etc...... And Larry Holmes and Trevor Berbick capitalised on that as new big talented fighters on their way up do/did.

Fighters and promoters misrepresent fighter's conditions for many reasons....usually at some point boiling down to psychological advantage somehow or, more commonly to sell the fight/ get the money.

So I think that was a keen observation.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 02:40 PM