KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Na'vi VS Predator

The Na'vi VS Predator
Started by: jinXed by JaNx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

The Na'vi VS Predator

Scenario...,
The intergalactic hunters target Pandora. Five predators armed with standard weaponry are hunting a tribe of 12.The Na'Vi have their ceremonial bows, dual blades and shield.

Conditions...,
The Na'vi aren't or can't call for help from other tribes. They can use the forest to communicate and scout but will not receive help from the forest spirits. If any of the predator were to fall they will choose not to use their super duper wrist bombs because they respect the Na'vi. Because of their respect for the Na'Vi the Predators may be willing to honor the Na'vi by engaging in a dual with no advanced technology, if they're not outnumbered.

Can the Na'vi survive or will the Predators be stringing up 12 smurf bodies before they move on the next planet?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 06:30 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

This could be simply awesome to watch, the Predators having the code of honor they do, could I imagine do what you suggest and go dueling on the Navi's. I think the Predators would respect their opponents choice of weapons and basically go with that.

Who wins? If the Predators goes all out hunting though I don't frankly see the Navi's surviving in the long run.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 05:54 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

The Na'vi have a rediculous size advantag over the Yautja here.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 03:56 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Which Do you think would succeed, the Strength of the Predators or the size of the Na' Vi? The Na'Vi have heightened senses but would those be enough to overcome the Yautja whom have taken their time to study?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 04:59 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Preds win... they are far more advanced in H2H than the Na'vi were

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 08:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

The Na'vi take this. They're in their environment and know it very well, they're excellent navigators, they're faster, there's height advantage, durability, don't they have practically unbreakable bones.

12 na"vi warriors in their pandoran forest habitat would take out 5 predators but it would take hours perhaps. Predators aren't slouches either but they'll be match for the dozen.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 08:32 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Predators go stupid and drop their cloaking and cannons, they proabaly lose in a spear to spear fight.

Predators use all their gear like they're supposed to, they shit-stomp the Na'vi.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 08:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

"The 5 Predators will be no match against the dozen Na'vi warriors in pandora" is what i meant to write

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 09:31 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
"The 5 Predators will be no match against the dozen Na'vi warriors in pandora" is what i meant to write

Na, more than half will be blasted full of holes, skewered or sliced into pieces before they know what's hit them.

The Predator in that shit-fest AVP:2, could probably solo a dozen himself.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 09:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

the na'vi know their territory and would use it in the most efficient way. he who knows the battlefield more than his eemy does has already won 50% of the battle. they're like cats in their stalking movements and when the strike they strike hard and viciously.

at least 2 na'vi per predator would and outta the 5, 2 predators'd have 3 na'vi on them. i just don't see how they can defeat na'vi numbers, height, the huge terretorial advantage, their speed prowess/navigations and durability..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 09:56 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

As shown, Predators are skilled hunters/stalkers in a variety of environments, so it's not like they're going to be clueless on a jungle-planet.

Because the Predators have superior technology and arguably greater skills at killing. Invisibility + guns = a win over superior numbers, at least in regards to about a 2.3 to 1 ratio.

Read up on the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 3rd, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 10:02 PM
Impediment
Endless

The Na'vi have home field advantage, but the Preds have superior technology and hunting/combat skills, say I.

The Na'vi are just really tall natives with spears and arrows who know how to fight, whereas the Yautja are code-of-honor and combat/the hunt-is-life. It's their culture.

Also, an arrow is shit compared to a damn blaster or Pred spear. Hell, even the razor nets could f*ck up a Na'vi.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 11:06 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The Predators are gonna rip out all their spinal cords and throw some facehuggers on those smurfs so the Predators can have worthy prey.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 11:10 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I think the Na'vi take this. Advantages: home turf + size and agility + numbers. If the Preds drop their tech, Na'vi victory is virtually assured.

Even if they don't: since the Na'vi can still "use the forest to communicate and scout," I'm not sure how much cloaking advantage the Preds may retain. Those floating seeds sure told the Princess plenty about someone she was about to kill, enough to disuade her. I would think location would be easy.

Also, those Na'vi arrows are huge, kind of like being run through by an Alien tail.

What would make the difference is if the Preds surprise-attack from multiple vantage points, not giving the Na'vi a chance to escape or counter. The Na'vi also will not realize (at least, not at first, perhaps) that the Preds can see heat-sigs, so "conventional" hiding will not work.

I guess this could go either way, depending on the details.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2010 11:19 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Which Do you think would succeed, the Strength of the Predators or the size of the Na' Vi?
While the Yautja are strong, they can't match the speed or strength of the Na'Vi.

Think about this though: Yautja>>>G.I. Joe's>Na'Vi

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 07:25 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote