KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Conan vs Predator

Conan vs Predator
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Conan vs Predator

Conan gets a short sword

The pred gets his wrist blades and Disc

the battleground is in an arena

who takes the win?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 08:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I love Conan but the Disc should do the job.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2010 03:21 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Conan's camel-punch FTW.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 27th, 2010 08:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Hmmm, hard to say. I think the novel and comic version was fighting things that put most preds to shame.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 04:27 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Yautja solos.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 04:28 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The disc is an unfair advantage. Make it blade on blade and Conan wins.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 04:55 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Conan wins Blade on Blade.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 02:16 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Assuming Conan avoids the disc then he wins easily. He would probably take off a leg then finish the Predator off.

Although could the Predator's wrist blades break the sword? It is an unknown metal and the Predator is strong enough to impale a man and lift him up...not to mention he could trap the sword in his wrist blades as well and dis-arm Conan.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 07:44 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Assuming Conan avoids the disc then he wins easily. He would probably take off a leg then finish the Predator off.

Although could the Predator's wrist blades break the sword? It is an unknown metal and the Predator is strong enough to impale a man and lift him up...not to mention he could trap the sword in his wrist blades as well and dis-arm Conan.
Conan won't avoid the disc.

Hanzo's sword held up just fine to the Predators blades.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 07:48 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Conan won't avoid the disc.

Why not, it doesn't track its opponent and the only reason it killed Peter Keyes in was the fact he had several slabs of meat blocking his vision. The fight is in an arena, so no obscured vision.

Conan would keep distance and wait for it to be thrown, then drop to the floor. The disc will be embedded in some wall behind him. This isn't Kung Lao's hat, it doesnt move up and down at will, it moves in a straight, predictable line.

I'm not up-to-date with the new movie but I know it's in a jungle so that has zero bearing on whatever the disc does here.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 07:59 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Why not, it doesn't track its opponent and the only reason it killed Peter Keyes in was the fact he had several slabs of meat blocking his vision. The fight is in an arena, so no obscured vision.

Conan would keep distance and wait for it to be thrown, then drop to the floor. The disc will be embedded in some wall behind him. This isn't Kung Lao's hat, it doesnt move up and down at will, it moves in a straight, predictable line.

I'm not up-to-date with the new movie but I know it's in a jungle so that has zero bearing on whatever the disc does here.
Or maybe he does

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 08:03 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Conan is a good pit fighter, however the Pred should emerge victorious

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 09:17 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This is from Predator II, right? What skills did that Predator show with his wrist-blade and disc, almost none and a cop kicked its ass in a blade fight.

Conon takes this with ease.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 09:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Robtard
This is from Predator II, right? What skills did that Predator show with his wrist-blade and disc, almost none and a cop kicked its ass in a blade fight.

Conon takes this with ease.

I think it's just a generic Predator, the OP wasn't specific about that. I've already de-bunked the disc as a credible weapon because it can be avoided in the arena.

Conan would have better flexibility with the sword... the question is can the Predator use the wrist blades to 'hook' the sword away from Conan?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 09:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

A specific Predator should be specified, as they varied in talents.

Of the two blade fights in the films that I can recall, there wasn't a hooking/disarming action.

-Glover with disc Vs Predator with duo wrist-blades.

-Yakuza with katana Vs super-Predator with single wrist-blade.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2010 09:59 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Conan's blade should hold up just fine. And Rob is gay.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 12:53 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i thought about it and am changing my view.. Conan ftw

these lines win it for Conan big grin

hit play

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 07:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The disc suggests that this match is over before it begins.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2010 02:58 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Tron
I think the novel and comic version was fighting things that put most preds to shame.

Agreed, hope the new movie represents that.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 01:31 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The disc suggests that this match is over before it begins.

It can be avoided in my opinion, it doesn't track the target and moves in a straight line towards the target. Conan could duck or move out of the way.

This is in an arena, no obstacles and Conan has full range of vision. Also in Pred 2 the Predator has to 'activate' the disk and then throw and that gives Conan a little bit of warning. Both should know about each others weapons, thats quite common in these threads.

It might be tricky for Conan with the short sword though, he'll have to get close and the Pred might exploit that...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 05:54 PM