KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who is more evil, Voldemort or Darth Sidious ?

Who is more evil, Voldemort or Darth Sidious ?
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Who is more evil, Voldemort or Darth Sidious ?

This isn't a versus battle this is a comparison on who is more evil and without any redeeming qualities. These two both seem as evil as they come in movies so I think this is a good comparison to make here.

Let the speculating begin.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 03:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I reckon Sidious is more evil more long reaching influence. He lives for it, whereas Voldy just hated Muggles and any who stood in his way of their genocide.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 04:37 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Darth Sidious, The guy manage to infiltrate the republic senate and then slowy rise in power.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 04:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
I reckon Sidious is more evil more long reaching influence. He lives for it, whereas Voldy just hated Muggles and any who stood in his way of their genocide.
Both will do whatever and kill whoever stands in the way of their quest for power imo. Now I don't see Sidious' longer reaching influence as proof of being more evil he just covered more territory.

Don't forget Voldemort rejected all of his humanity and didn't have a single friend in the world.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 05:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I would say they are equall.
Both killed, and had others killed
Both sought out supremacy
And both were undoubtably irredeameable.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 04:58 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Sidious.

Not only did he give up his humanity as well, he manipulated millions, created an army that gained the jedi's trust, only to have them stab them in the back. Took over the universe, blew up a planet to prove a point, killed anyone who whispered anything bad about him, plucked at anakin's heart strings and turned him almost completely evil.

He covered a much larger scale, whereas Voldey just wanted pure bloods in charge and Harry dead.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 05:16 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

palpatine

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 06:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by KingD19
Sidious.

Not only did he give up his humanity as well, he manipulated millions, created an army that gained the jedi's trust, only to have them stab them in the back. Took over the universe, blew up a planet to prove a point, killed anyone who whispered anything bad about him, plucked at anakin's heart strings and turned him almost completely evil.

He covered a much larger scale, whereas Voldey just wanted pure bloods in charge and Harry dead.

True Palpy managed to corrupt Anakin whereas Voldy just disgusted everybody around him, he couldn't sway Malfoy and Harry.

Palpy had the ability to infuse the Darkside into people making them loyal. Whereas Voldy had to do it with standover fear tactics and failed.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 06:14 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sidious.

Just because he effected a wider range doesn't make him any more evil. Voldemort trusted no one save his own counsel unlike Sidious. Voldemort also wouldn't groom someone to be more powerful than himself which Sidious believed in his own mind.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 06:52 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Who do you think Sidious trusted? He didn't even trust Anakin who was his second in command before he himself knew it. Everything that happened was according to his plan, that wasn't hyperbole or boasting, that was fact. The only thing that surprised him was Luke's strength in the force and his ability to resist the pull of the dark side.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 07:41 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Who do you think Sidious trusted? He didn't even trust Anakin who was his second in command before he himself knew it. Everything that happened was according to his plan, that wasn't hyperbole or boasting, that was fact. The only thing that surprised him was Luke's strength in the force and his ability to resist the pull of the dark side.
He did trust Anakin/Vader as he saved him from Luke's saber attack and completely dropped his guard when he was force zapping Luke. That caused his downfall. Anakin was the ultimate betrayer.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 03:18 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Voldemort by far. Palpatine because he manipulated the Senate? Those guys were a bunch of tards and you know it. And even if I did find that impressive, that's not "evil". Voldemort is "evil". He is cruel, kills without compunction, all for essentially sadism.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 06:37 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Lestov16
He is cruel, kills without compunction, all for essentially sadism.

And Palpatine doesn't... I seem to recall him creating a world destroying weapon. Also Palpatine takes delight in pain and carnage. Heck, he is overjoyed when his minions are defeated and about to be killed.

And I don't recall once where Voldemort killed someone just becasue he could.

BTW I find Voldemort to be the more compelling villian. He has some awesome motivations such as he ideas of blood purity despite being a half blood himself. And I love how he views Hogwarts as his "birth right". However, he just does not seem to be as evil.

Last edited by ares834 on Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 10:07 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ares834
And Palpatine doesn't... I seem to recall him creating a world destroying weapon. Also Palpatine takes delight in pain and carnage. Heck, he is overjoyed when his minions are defeated and about to be killed.

And I don't recall once where Voldemort killed someone just becasue he could.

BTW I find Voldemort to be the more compelling villian. He has some awesome motivations such as he ideas of blood purity despite being a half blood himself. And I love how he views Hogwarts as his "birth right". However, he just does not seem to be as evil.
How doesn't he seem to be as evil ? he had no friends and actually shoved Belltraix just for trying to help him to his feet after the killing curse was used on harry potter. Sidious wasn't anywhere near that.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 10:14 PM
ares834

Originally posted by quanchi112
How doesn't he seem to be as evil ? he had no friends and actually shoved Belltraix just for trying to help him to his feet after the killing curse was used on harry potter. Sidious wasn't anywhere near that.

Umm... Sidious wants Luke to kill his closest "supporter".... Which is more evil? I'll give you a little clue: Sidious.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 11:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Umm... Sidious wants Luke to kill his closest "supporter".... Which is more evil? I'll give you a little clue: Sidious.
To turn Luke over to the dark side. It all benefited and served a purpose. Sidious would have treated Luke great while Voldmort shoved people down who tried to help him. Someone else said something to him as well and he killed him for it.

Look at the way Voldemort killed Snape who was a loyal servant he had his snake bite him and cause him to suffer. Ruthlessness. Sidious just isn't up to snuff here.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 12:08 AM
ares834

erm

Honestly, knocking over Bellatrix really wasn't that evil... And sure he killed a dude who pissed him off. Vader does that crap as well (Motti) and Palpatine isn't as "forgiving" as Vader.

As for Snape. Sure that was evil, but Palpatine relishes the pain of his servants as well. Remember how he smirked after Vader cried out in aungish in RotS.

But when it comes down to it Sidious created planet destorying weapons with the intent to use them. I'm sorry but Voldemort hasn't done anything nearly as evil as that.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 12:50 AM
quanchi112
Disney

erm

Honestly, knocking over Bellatrix really wasn't that evil... And sure he killed a dude who pissed him off. Vader does that crap as well (Motti) and Palpatine isn't as "forgiving" as Vader.

As for Snape. Sure that was evil, but Palpatine relishes the pain of his servants as well. Remember how he smirked after Vader cried out in aungish in RotS.

But when it comes down to it Sidious created planet destorying weapons with the intent to use them. I'm sorry but Voldemort hasn't done anything nearly as evil as that.
Pushing someone done for helping you and killing someone for basically the same thing iirc is worse than Sidious. I don't see him tossing people down for helping him to his feet.

He smirked because he knew this drew him deeper into the dark side.

Voldemort didn't have access to that in the hp verse and don't confuse scale with evil as both were clearly without remorse about committing mass murder.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 01:07 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I'm gonna say Voldemort. I think some here seem to be conflating evilness with scope. Palpatine working on a larger scale and having greater ambitions doesn't make him more evil.

Palpatine was cruel, evil, manipulative, and ruthless but unlike Voldemort his aims and goals were ultimately driven by more than just petty evil and the self-aggrandizing creation of a cult of personality.

There's hints that Palpatine was at least part ways motivated by a perverse concern for the well being of the Galaxy, that is he believed that the Galaxy had to be united and ordered under strong authority if it was to survive. I think it was one of the books that showed that Palpatine realized that the Galactic Republic wouldn't be strong enough to resist the impending Yuuzhan Vong invasion and thus needed to make the Empire.

Now I'm not saying that this justifies any of what Palpatine did, but at least it shows he had some motive beyond evil for the sake of evil and power for the sake of power.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 01:17 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Omega Vision
There's hints that Palpatine was at least part ways motivated by a perverse concern for the well being of the Galaxy, that is he believed that the Galaxy had to be united and ordered under strong authority if it was to survive. I think it was one of the books that showed that Palpatine realized that the Galactic Republic wouldn't be strong enough to resist the impending Yuuzhan Vong invasion and thus needed to make the Empire.

Mere excuses. Palpatine wanted control off the galaxy because he is a power hungry bastard not because he wanteded to defend it. And if we want to take the EU into consideration well then you gotta include DE where his end goal is to turn everyone into his dark side slaves.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 01:20 AM