KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Jor-El vs Jarvis

Jor-El vs Jarvis
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jor-El vs Jarvis

AI vs AI

All feats from all movies can be used.

Last edited by Supra on Jan 22nd, 2014 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2014 09:46 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I'd presume Jor El, considering not only does his tech come from a intergalactic-faring species far more intelligent than Earth's, but he's a "living" thinking consciousness, whereas Jarvis is just advanced AI.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2014 09:50 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jarvis wins. All Jor-El did was open doors

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2014 09:51 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

What are the conditions of the fight? Where are they fighting, and with what?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2014 09:52 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
What are the conditions of the fight? Where are they fighting, and with what?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2014 09:58 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

One is trying to hack the other and destroy the others AI

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2014 10:49 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218

Pretty sure he did a lot more then that...

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2014 10:49 PM
quanchi112
Disney

One thing is for certain Superman is utterly abysmal at protecting his fathers.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2014 11:13 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
One thing is for certain Superman is utterly abysmal at protecting his fathers.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2014 11:25 PM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

So what about reversing the atmosphere on the ship to save his son and give his powers back?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 12:33 AM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Si.
Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 12:37 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

And what did Jarvis do that was so great?

Jor El helped his son save earth

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 12:48 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

It's a pretty difficult match to weigh in. Jor-el was only useful when he's uploaded to a kryptonian vessel and jarvis is only useful when he's operating Tony's tech. So what's the scenario?

Is Jor-el injected into Stark's tower and then tries to battle Jarvis? In which case Jarvis wins.

Does Jarvis try to hack into a kryptonian vessel that Jor-El is controlling? Jor-el wins.

Do we get Jarvis controlling all of Stark's tech vs. Jor-El controlling a kryptonian vessel?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 01:03 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Jarvis.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 01:05 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FrothByte
It's a pretty difficult match to weigh in. Jor-el was only useful when he's uploaded to a kryptonian vessel and jarvis is only useful when he's operating Tony's tech. So what's the scenario?

Is Jor-el injected into Stark's tower and then tries to battle Jarvis? In which case Jarvis wins.

Does Jarvis try to hack into a kryptonian vessel that Jor-El is controlling? Jor-el wins.

Do we get Jarvis controlling all of Stark's tech vs. Jor-El controlling a kryptonian vessel?

I'm just wondering which AI you guys think has better screen feats.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 01:18 AM
Silent Master

Didn't Tony use Jarvis to hack Shield's computer system?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 01:21 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Supra
I'm just wondering which AI you guys think has better screen feats.

Then Jarvis. Jor-el needed to be physically inserted into a system before he could hack into it, and he had so much success with the kryptonian ships because he helped design them.

Jarvis hacks into pretty much anything Stark asks it to. Jarvis is capable of studying an opponent and assessing whether IM's weaponry is capable of taking it out and what tactics will best apply.

Jor-El basically just tells you which door to use.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 02:36 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then Jarvis. Jor-el needed to be physically inserted into a system before he could hack into it, and he had so much success with the kryptonian ships because he helped design them.

Jarvis hacks into pretty much anything Stark asks it to. Jarvis is capable of studying an opponent and assessing whether IM's weaponry is capable of taking it out and what tactics will best apply.

Jor-El basically just tells you which door to use.

He hacked Zods ship and gave Kal his powers back. Why is that not a feat in your opinion?

Jarvis had to be present to hack Sheilds computer the same way the command key had to be present. Tony stuck a device on the ships computer and then Jarvis started hacking

Quit ignoring feats please

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 02:49 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Supra
He hacked Zods ship and gave Kal his powers back. Why is that not a feat in your opinion?

Jarvis had to be present to hack Sheilds computer the same way the command key had to be present. Tony stuck a device on the ships computer and then Jarvis started hacking

Quit ignoring feats please

He was only able to hack into Zod's ship after he was physically inserted into a key slot and uploaded into their system. Jarvis was simply attached to a SHIELD terminal. Jor-el had to be inserted in a proper key hole.

He also didn't "give' Superman his powers back, he merely adjusted the ship's atmosphere to reflect earth's so that Kal-El would get his powers back.

Jarvis would take a look at something like the leviathan, and without any previous knowledge about it would then proceed to estimate what weapons will and won't work on it. He has done this with numerous scenarios and enemies. I dont think Jor-el has anything quite as impressive.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:24 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was only able to hack into Zod's ship after he was physically inserted into a key slot and uploaded into their system. Jarvis was simply attached to a SHIELD terminal. Jor-el had to be inserted in a proper key hole.

He also didn't "give' Superman his powers back, he merely adjusted the ship's atmosphere to reflect earth's so that Kal-El would get his powers back.

Jarvis would take a look at something like the leviathan, and without any previous knowledge about it would then proceed to estimate what weapons will and won't work on it. He has done this with numerous scenarios and enemies. I dont think Jor-el has anything quite as impressive.

Are we going to argue being physically vs placed right on the damn computer? Its the same thing man. Tony had to place it just as Lois had to place it. Its the same thing.

Did he have his powers or not? No

Did he adjust the atmosphere to give his powers back? Yes

He gave his powers back

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:30 AM