KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Bob Lee Swagger vs Aaron Cross

Better overal Killer
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bob Lee Swagger 2 100.00%
Aaron Cross 0 0%
Total: 2 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bob Lee Swagger vs Aaron Cross
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bob Lee Swagger vs Aaron Cross

1. Better long range shot
2. Better at survival
3. Better prep
4. Hand to hand
5. Overall best killer

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 08:13 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I haven't seen Aaron Cross, but I know it's that Tyler Perry action flick.

But unless he has some simply mindblowing feats, nothing he has touches Bob Lee.

1. Swagger made the shot that killed the Archbishop on a can of soup in worse weather conditions. He also made a long range shot on a moving helicopter, and took out several long range moving targets in those jeeps.

2. Swagger is a Gunnery Sargeant and a highly trained Scout Sniper. That's some of the hardest training period in any branch of the military, but is grueling when it comes to survival in which you get no help aside from a few supplies. Other than that, the only time you get help is if you're close to dying. On top of that, he got shot twice, fell out of a building like 2 stories, then escaped the FBI and the cops by driving into a river, then with two bullet holes in him, he hitched a ride on a boat, hanging off the side in cold and dirty water. Then he drove for a few hours, got some supplies to keep himself going, then made it from Boston to another state while barely hanging on.

3. With some supplies from Home Depot, he made a ton of explosives and took out a majority of 24 men in the course of a few minutes. He was also good enough to hide out on that mountain top and no one knew he was there.

4. Again, he's a Gunny and a Scout Sniper. His h2h is amazing, and he showed it when he took down 2 cops in about 4 seconds. He also took down Pena's character in even less time.

5. Over the course of the movie, Swagger must have killed close to 50 people. And he never killed less than 3 at any given time.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 08:37 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aaron Cross is the main guy in the Bourne Legacy, CIA black project group associated with tread stone, blackbriar, and all those other names. He has got some great feats which are similar to Swaggers.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 08:47 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Ooooh. Aaron Cross. I was thinking of Alex Cross. My mistake.

Might need to re-evaluate. I still think Swagger has the best shots and is the best shot.

Survival might be about even with a nod to Swagger imo since he did everything under his own power, even kept himself alive until he got his buddie's widow to pull the bullet out and stitch him up which is impossible to do on your own. Cross had his enhancements and gear and such. But was put into a similar situation where if he didn't cold turkey himself from the drugs, he'd die.

I'd still give Swagger prep. Cross didn't prep a whole lot aside from that one scene in the house to my recollection.

Cross is clearly better at melee and h2h though. No doubt about that.

As for the best killers...I'd say they're roughly even but in different areas. Swagger is a sniper first and foremost. Put him behind a gun at any range and it's over.

Cross is good at close range from what I saw, and will destroy people in close encounters. I believe Bobby killed more people, but he was actively seeking revenge whereas Aaron was trying to get away.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 09:18 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Ooooh. Aaron Cross. I was thinking of Alex Cross. My mistake.

Might need to re-evaluate. I still think Swagger has the best shots and is the best shot.

Survival might be about even with a nod to Swagger imo since he did everything under his own power, even kept himself alive until he got his buddie's widow to pull the bullet out and stitch him up which is impossible to do on your own. Cross had his enhancements and gear and such. But was put into a similar situation where if he didn't cold turkey himself from the drugs, he'd die.

I'd still give Swagger prep. Cross didn't prep a whole lot aside from that one scene in the house to my recollection.

Cross is clearly better at melee and h2h though. No doubt about that.

As for the best killers...I'd say they're roughly even but in different areas. Swagger is a sniper first and foremost. Put him behind a gun at any range and it's over.

Cross is good at close range from what I saw, and will destroy people in close encounters. I believe Bobby killed more people, but he was actively seeking revenge whereas Aaron was trying to get away.
Aaron survived in the wilderness by himself.

He also shot down a predator drone with a shitty rifle.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 04:17 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Re: Bob Lee Swagger vs Aaron Cross

Originally posted by Supra
1. Better long range shot

Swagger. Makes 1 mile killshots, and it was implied he's done even better

2. Better at survival

Swagger. Survived behind enemy lines in Ethiopia, and evaded a police manhunt despite a bullet in him

3. Better prep

Swagger, Assassinates Senators with zero problem.

4. Hand to hand

Coin-flip. I guess Cross gets the edge, but it will not be easy

5. Overall best killer

Definitely Swagger.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 04:39 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Swagger stomps..

Cross was weaksauce , maybe after Bourne 5 comes out and has way better feats

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Cross was weaksauce

thumb up

Bourne Legacy was such trash. Being a massive fan of the trilogy (IMO amongst the best action films ever made), Legacy was one of the most grueling experiences I've ever had. A waste of money IMO

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 07:34 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16
thumb up

Bourne Legacy was such trash. Being a massive fan of the trilogy (IMO amongst the best action films ever made), Legacy was one of the most grueling experiences I've ever had. A waste of money IMO

Totally agree. For someone who is supposed to have scored far higher on all the training tests than even Jason Bourne himself, Cross' feats were pretty poor and so was the film.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2014 11:56 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I hated how the trailer lied. "He's like Treadstone without the inconsistency". Turns out they're not talking about Cross mad. Not to mention the most anti-climatic defeat of a villain I've seen in any film.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jan 25th, 2014 12:56 AM