KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Batman VS Dekkard Shaw

Batman VS Dekkard Shaw
Started by: Genesis-Soldier

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

Batman VS Dekkard Shaw

Dekkard Shaw leaves the comes comes back to the hospital to check on his little brother only to find the Bat waiting for him, a scuffle occurs and they are both thrown out the window and land next to Dekkards car.

Batman has his standard gear (The Dark Night rises)

Shaw has a 9mm pistol and the 2 reinforcement chasis beams shicking out of his car

who takes this

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 04:31 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

not even Jason Statham has a chance against the Bat, TDKR Batman was still shown to be able to blitz gunmen with automatic weaponry without being hit and he soaked a lot of Banes damage output so I don't think a regular guy that couldn't even take Vin Diesel would pose much of a threat here

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 08:10 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
not even Jason Statham has a chance against the Bat, TDKR Batman was still shown to be able to blitz gunmen with automatic weaponry without being hit and he soaked a lot of Banes damage output so I don't think a regular guy that couldn't even take Vin Diesel would pose much of a threat here

You realize that Dekkard, Luke Hobbs, and Dom were all blatantly superhuman correct? They're all far stronger than Bane. And much better, not to mention faster fighters.

So if Batman had trouble against Ra's and Bane? Shaw will brutalize him.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 08:23 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

was going to bring that up, just look at the fight against hobbs. he was tanking alot of power. against dom, he was going for a long time and showed some serious fight and soak levels

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 08:25 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by relentless1

You really need to watch the movies before commenting, Shaw was far from a regular guy, not to mention he is far more skilled and faster than Baleman.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 02:12 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, to call Shaw a "regular guy" is not even remotely accurate. The guy was a Special Forces Major, who evaded all the major international law enforcement agencies for years after he went off the grid, and showcased various military and combat skills throughout the film. Hell, just in terms of h2h, his hits were rocking Hobbs, who has straight-up superhuman durability.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 02:30 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

And he could show up anywhere, anytime despite there seemingly being no way he should have the info that he does. Like he killed a hospital and the dozens of highly trained guards just to check up on his brother, who he shouldn't have even known was there.

Bruce gets wrekt.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 03:19 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

excellent spite thread we have here.... Baleman loses

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 07:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

how is this a spite thread, after taking on multiple mercs and thugs at once I thought it would be interesting to see baleman take this.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 12:53 AM
KingD19

Well it's kinda spite considering just how beastly Shaw is. The hospital was like a 1-3 story drop. Dekkard probably hops up, brushes himself off, and unloads the clip in Batman's face before he can recover.

Or if he's feeling mean, he'll just beat him to death.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 01:43 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
how is this a spite thread, after taking on multiple mercs and thugs at once I thought it would be interesting to see baleman take this.

Only Baleman can't take this as he is slower, less agile, less skilled and likely weaker.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 01:53 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

and Batman doesnt have "superhuman" damage soak? this guy who leapt out of like a 5 storey building and landed on a car and all it did was wind him, or standing that close to an explosion (dent too for that matter) that levelled an entire building? Bane straight up punched through a concrete pillar and Batman soaked a lot of his output before succumbing like it was a regular fist fight in the schoolyard. Batman survived falling from a penthouse onto a car with another human attached to him and his glider only partway open as well as basically ignoring getting stabbed between the ribs in some pretty vital areas and ignoring his knee with no cartilage after doing some callisthenics in a middle eastern prison, surviving a plummet in said prison with the rope he's attached to having some serious snap back combined with him smacking his head onto rock all the while basically recouping from a snapped back that was healed in no time. Bats superhuman movie feats far outweigh Shaws

Last edited by relentless1 on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 02:57 AM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 02:53 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Baleman having a good damage soak just means that the beating will last longer.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 02:59 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shaw stood up to the Rock who was already operating at a much higher level then Bane or Batman.

Shaw wins.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 03:04 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

No one ever said that Batman's suit doesn't give him durability. Hell, be pointless to wear it if it didn't. But it's not making him faster, stronger or more skilled, which is what he would need to win this.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 03:45 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

okay then so what level would you guys say Shaw is operating at?

give me a class of hero or villain he could match up to

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 07:53 AM
Genesis-Soldier

I reckon batman can hold out for a while

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 07:53 AM
KingD19

Going by the strength/durability feats shown by Dom, Hobbs, and Shaw from fighting both of them, I'd put Shaw around Cap-lite level as of Age of Ultron. So he's actually closer to Winter Soldier Cap if we want a comparison. Considering he was fighting toe to toe with a guy who held a car up for about 3 minutes, and stomped hard enough to collapse a damaged parking structure. He also did pretty damn good against Hobbs who effortlessly lifted a fully grown man off the floor and slung him up into the ceiling, as well as walking around with a Vulcan Cannon and ignore the massive recoil you get from firing it. And Dom was also tossing Shaw around like a ragdoll at times and he was never down for more than a few seconds.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 07:58 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Don't forget Hobbs shifting those pieces of reinforced concrete at the end of Furious 7. Pieces that size can easily weigh a couple hundred kilograms. And yeah, Dom was tossing Shaw several feet at a time with some of his hits. I think he even one-hand tosses him nearly a dozen feat at one stage (would need to double check to be sure though). Hell, Dom (who, as pointed out, has superhuman strength) slammed him head/neck first into a car at one point, and Shaw shrugged it off like it was nothing.

So basically Shaw is durable enough to take multiple heavy hits from guys who, based on feats, have superhuman strength, but is also strong enough himself to rock people with superhuman durability with his hits. And that's not even going into speed/skill levels.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 08:53 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Just to put that concrete feat into perspective: A single cubic foot of normal concrete weighs roundabout 150lbs. Hobbs was moving MUCH larger, reinforced pieces.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 10:15 AM