KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Barbossa's Crew vs Jones' Crew

Barbossa's Crew vs Jones' Crew
Started by: juggerman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Barbossa's Crew vs Jones' Crew

Which crew was the more capable and which crew would win in an all out fight without their captains?

Barbossa's crew as of part 1 and Jones' crew as of parts 2 and 3.

Assume the crews can kill each other when fighting.

Round 2 the captains join their crews in the fray


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:07 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

I would go with Jones. Especially seeing has how Jones had the power to break the curse of the gold coins.


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:16 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Which gold coins are you referring to?


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:19 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

The Aztec Coins that made them skeletons in the first movie?


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:20 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

When did he break the curse? The curse was broken when Jack and Will dropped the final blood soaked pieces in the chest


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:22 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

In the 2nd movie when Jones freed Orlando's dad after Barbossa sank him to the bottom of the ocean tied to the canon. He was cursed and couldn't die until Jones came and offered him his deal thus breaking the curse.


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:25 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
In the 2nd movie when Jones freed Orlando's dad after Barbossa sank him to the bottom of the ocean tied to the canon. He was cursed and couldn't die until Jones came and offered him his deal thus breaking the curse.


He still couldn't die once he became a part of Jones' crew. He said he was unable to move at the bottom of the sea because of the crushing pressure but he could never die either. He was trapped in eternal darkness. Jones saved him from that. Jones allowed him to become one of his crew in return for releasing him from the canon.

But that's an interesting point. Did becoming a member of Jones' crew override his original curse or was he double cursed? Either way nothing was ever said about Bootstraps' original curse ending, just that he was saved from the bottom of the sea


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:33 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
He still couldn't die once he became a part of Jones' crew. He said he was unable to move at the bottom of the sea because of the crushing pressure but he could never die either. He was trapped in eternal darkness. Jones saved him from that. Jones allowed him to become one of his crew in return for releasing him from the canon.

But that's an interesting point. Did becoming a member of Jones' crew override his original curse or was he double cursed? Either way nothing was ever said about Bootstraps' original curse ending, just that he was saved from the bottom of the sea


I would think that it id seeing as how being a Skeleton ment they were kind of trapped in this world as an undying thing but once you join with Jones you and the crew of the Dutchman could travel to the Next World, even though Jones had been shrieking that part of his job.


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would think that it id seeing as how being a Skeleton ment they were kind of trapped in this world as an undying thing but once you join with Jones you and the crew of the Dutchman could travel to the Next World, even though Jones had been shrieking that part of his job.


Right but Jones' crew were still technically alive. Part of his sales pitch is "hold off death for 100 years". And to be fair, Turner, Swan and their crew was able to go to the other world to rescue Jack without dying or being cursed at all. You just have to know the way


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:43 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 05:37 PM.
  Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Barbossa's Crew vs Jones' Crew

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.