KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Barbossa's Crew vs Jones' Crew

Barbossa's Crew vs Jones' Crew
Started by: juggerman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggerman

Barbossa's Crew vs Jones' Crew

Which crew was the more capable and which crew would win in an all out fight without their captains?

Barbossa's crew as of part 1 and Jones' crew as of parts 2 and 3.

Assume the crews can kill each other when fighting.

Round 2 the captains join their crews in the fray

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:07 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I would go with Jones. Especially seeing has how Jones had the power to break the curse of the gold coins.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:16 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Which gold coins are you referring to?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:19 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The Aztec Coins that made them skeletons in the first movie?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:20 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

When did he break the curse? The curse was broken when Jack and Will dropped the final blood soaked pieces in the chest

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:22 AM
Flyattractor

In the 2nd movie when Jones freed Orlando's dad after Barbossa sank him to the bottom of the ocean tied to the canon. He was cursed and couldn't die until Jones came and offered him his deal thus breaking the curse.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:25 AM
juggerman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
In the 2nd movie when Jones freed Orlando's dad after Barbossa sank him to the bottom of the ocean tied to the canon. He was cursed and couldn't die until Jones came and offered him his deal thus breaking the curse.

He still couldn't die once he became a part of Jones' crew. He said he was unable to move at the bottom of the sea because of the crushing pressure but he could never die either. He was trapped in eternal darkness. Jones saved him from that. Jones allowed him to become one of his crew in return for releasing him from the canon.

But that's an interesting point. Did becoming a member of Jones' crew override his original curse or was he double cursed? Either way nothing was ever said about Bootstraps' original curse ending, just that he was saved from the bottom of the sea

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:33 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by juggerman
He still couldn't die once he became a part of Jones' crew. He said he was unable to move at the bottom of the sea because of the crushing pressure but he could never die either. He was trapped in eternal darkness. Jones saved him from that. Jones allowed him to become one of his crew in return for releasing him from the canon.

But that's an interesting point. Did becoming a member of Jones' crew override his original curse or was he double cursed? Either way nothing was ever said about Bootstraps' original curse ending, just that he was saved from the bottom of the sea

I would think that it id seeing as how being a Skeleton ment they were kind of trapped in this world as an undying thing but once you join with Jones you and the crew of the Dutchman could travel to the Next World, even though Jones had been shrieking that part of his job.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:37 AM
juggerman

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would think that it id seeing as how being a Skeleton ment they were kind of trapped in this world as an undying thing but once you join with Jones you and the crew of the Dutchman could travel to the Next World, even though Jones had been shrieking that part of his job.

Right but Jones' crew were still technically alive. Part of his sales pitch is "hold off death for 100 years". And to be fair, Turner, Swan and their crew was able to go to the other world to rescue Jack without dying or being cursed at all. You just have to know the way

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:43 AM