KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » CW Deathstroke vs MCU Captain America

CW Deathstroke vs MCU Captain America
Started by: nfactor1995

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

CW Deathstroke vs MCU Captain America

Slade has the Mirakuru. Standard gear, in-character but no jobbing, start 20 yards apart, and the fight is to the death. Takes place in a large warehouse.

Who wins and why?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:14 PM
nfactor1995 is currently offline Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Pretty sure this has been done before. Slade wins. Cap has better speed, agility and fighting skills but Slade's durability is too high up.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 08:31 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

His durability isn't above being damaged by Cap's shield though.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 04:29 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Cap wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 04:49 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I think a bigger factor is DS' weaponry. Slade's standard gear on that suit includes grenades, a sidearm, and a sword. And he is very competent with all of them. He was elite special forces long before he ever became a super soldier. Though Steve showed he can deal with a well-armed opponent in WS. This would actually be an interesting fight, IMO.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 04:51 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

but his healing makes up the difference.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 04:59 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

His healing isn't that great. He couldn't regenerate his eye, for example, after however many months. I mean we get told he has healing, but we never actually really see it in action. Only example of Mirakuru healing I can recall is when Roy got cut by that falling glass, but it was still a couple of hours at least before the cut fully healed. It's not like Wolverine/Lizard/Deadpool insta-healing, which makes a big difference over the course of a fight.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 05:03 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Cap's shield will chop off body parts.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 05:27 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

You'll have to prove that. Mirakuru soldiers can tank multiple gunshots at point blank range. One got hit and run over by a van and just got up. Plus standard gear means Slade gets his bulletproof armor. And while Cap can probably damage him eventually, it will make it very hard and not without exposing himself to Slade's weaponry.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 05:43 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
You'll have to prove that. Mirakuru soldiers can tank multiple gunshots at point blank range. One got hit and run over by a van and just got up. Plus standard gear means Slade gets his bulletproof armor. And while Cap can probably damage him eventually, it will make it very hard and not without exposing himself to Slade's weaponry.

Yet a thin needle could pierce them to give them the cure, and a piece of glass cut Roy, so their durability is inconsistent. At highest end, their skin was described as "concrete" tough. Cap tossed Ultron through a concrete pillar without visibly damaging him, yet he managed to cut a good couple of inches into his chest with his shield. Cap has also damaged things like Winter Soldier's metal arm, using a shield strike. An arm which can punch through concrete, dent thick steel doors, and has tanked gunfire on multiple occasions. And that's ignoring the other times he has cut through things like steel cables etc. with his shield.

And I already pointed out Slade's gear is a bigger factor, in a later post. Cap has dealt with a well-armed Winter Soldier before, but they basically stalemated during the highway fight (they were still facing off when Falcon and Black Widow stepped in). And Slade is good enough with his sword that he can deflect arrows shot at him with it. Which is why I said this would be an interesting match.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 06:03 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by KingD19
Cap's shield will chop off body parts.

I wouldn't go that far, but I definitely think clean strikes would do damage to Slade.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 06:13 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Yet a thin needle could pierce them to give them the cure, and a piece of glass cut Roy, so their durability is inconsistent. At highest end, their skin was described as "concrete" tough. Cap tossed Ultron through a concrete pillar without visibly damaging him, yet he managed to cut a good couple of inches into his chest with his shield. Cap has also damaged things like Winter Soldier's metal arm, using a shield strike. An arm which can punch through concrete, dent thick steel doors, and has tanked gunfire on multiple occasions. And that's ignoring the other times he has cut through things like steel cables etc. with his shield.

And I already pointed out Slade's gear is a bigger factor, in a later post. Cap has dealt with a well-armed Winter Soldier before, but they basically stalemated during the highway fight (they were still facing off when Falcon and Black Widow stepped in). And Slade is good enough with his sword that he can deflect arrows shot at him with it. Which is why I said this would be an interesting match.

The big difference is that Slade is far more durable than Cap. As hard as Cap can hit with that shield remember that it didn't seriously hurt Bucky without multiple hits. And so while Cap can hurt Slade with his shield, it will need multiple hits to do anything serious whereas Slade only needs a few hits with his swords or guns to give him the edge on Cap.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 06:52 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The big difference is that Slade is far more durable than Cap. As hard as Cap can hit with that shield remember that it didn't seriously hurt Bucky without multiple hits. And so while Cap can hurt Slade with his shield, it will need multiple hits to do anything serious whereas Slade only needs a few hits with his swords or guns to give him the edge on Cap.

And landing those hits won't be easy. When Cap was actively defending, Winter Soldier never managed to tag Steve with either guns or knife during the highway scene, and only got a glancing shot during the final showdown. And he was using two pistols at that point, shooting one at Steve's head and another at his side, forcing him to block the critical one to score a hit on another area. And he connected the knife stab to the shoulder by overpowering Steve with his metal arm. Slade needs to land less hits, but I see Cap actually landing more.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 03:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think the fact Cap needed multiple hits with the shield to do serious harm to Bucky is a bad thing. Since Bucky has the SS serum as well.

Since I don't think Slade is vastly more durable..given some of the shit they survived in Civil War.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 03:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

And landing those hits won't be easy. When Cap was actively defending, Winter Soldier never managed to tag Steve with either guns or knife during the highway scene, and only got a glancing shot during the final showdown. And he was using two pistols at that point, shooting one at Steve's head and another at his side, forcing him to block the critical one to score a hit on another area. And he connected the knife stab to the shoulder by overpowering Steve with his metal arm. Slade needs to land less hits, but I see Cap actually landing more.

Though I agree that Cap is more skilled, that difference in skill is not as big as their difference in durability. Slade was already exceptionally skilled before being enhanced. Cap was not. And there's a big difference between blocking a single knife and blocking 2 swords. When was the last time Cap tried blocking hits from someone with a longer weapon than him?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 03:51 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think the fact Cap needed multiple hits with the shield to do serious harm to Bucky is a bad thing. Since Bucky has the SS serum as well.

Since I don't think Slade is vastly more durable..given some of the shit they survived in Civil War.

So you think Cap or Bucky can take 4-5 gunshots at point blank range and not even look like they got hurt?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 03:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you think Cap or Bucky can take 4-5 gunshots at point blank range and not even look like they got hurt?

Hmm, no they can't that is a good point. I guess I was just thinking about all the falls and hits they took in Civil War, especially at the end with their fight with Tony.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 03:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

DS might have better piercing durability feats, but Cap has far better blunt and energy durability feats.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 04:10 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Though I agree that Cap is more skilled, that difference in skill is not as big as their difference in durability. Slade was already exceptionally skilled before being enhanced. Cap was not. And there's a big difference between blocking a single knife and blocking 2 swords. When was the last time Cap tried blocking hits from someone with a longer weapon than him?

Did he ever dual wield swords in the show as Deathstroke? I honestly can't recall any instances. I only ever remember him packing a single sword. He only had one sword when he invaded the Team Arrow hideout, or when he stopped the prison transport to recruit some soldiers for the Mirakuru treatment, or during the S2 finale. Even when Oliver and the rest were taken by the aliens, during the crossover in S5, the dream Deathstroke only had a single sword. Plus, for all we know, that sword might very well break if it keeps impacting Cap's shield with superhuman force. And, to answer that last question, he was fending off Rhodey's baton, without that much trouble IIRC, during Civil War.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 27th, 2017 at 04:27 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 04:23 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Did he ever dual wield swords in the show as Deathstroke? I honestly can't recall any instances. I only ever remember him packing a single sword. He only had one sword when he invaded the Team Arrow hideout, or when he stopped the prison transport to recruit some soldiers for the Mirakuru treatment, or during the S2 finale. Even when Oliver and the rest were taken by the aliens, during the crossover in S5, the dream Deathstroke only had a single sword. Plus, for all we know, that sword might very well break if it keeps impacting Cap's shield with superhuman force. And, to answer that last question, he was fending off Rhodey's baton, without that much trouble IIRC, during Civil War.

He dual wielded as Slade Wilson back in the island, but you're right, as Deathstroke he only ever used 1 sword. Cap didn't exactly do that much fending off of Rhodey's baton. He blocked it once and kicked Rhodey then the baton broke. Other times he fought opponents with longer weapons was vs. Loki and Rumlow... and he got tagged in those fights. Granted, there were other factors in those fights, but the point I'm raising is that Cap isn't unhittable. He's going to get tagged by DS whether by his sword or gun. And Cap can't just shrug off DS's hits like DS can shrug off Cap's hits.

Again I should point out, not only does DS have his own durability, he has his bulletproof suit that had bullets and arrows just bouncing off them.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 05:18 PM