KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Doctor Octopus vs. Black Panther

Doctor Octopus vs. Black Panther
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Doctor Octopus vs. Black Panther

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 09:28 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Doc Ock.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 10:29 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

The likelihood of Doc Octopus beating on and ragdolling Black Panther around and eventually finding a way to get his mask off is higher than the likelihood Black Panther finding a way to introduce Dr. Octavius to his vibranium claws up close and personal.

Doc Ock tussled with a hero well above Black Panther's pay grade in Maguire/Raimi's Spider-Man, including taking the infamous Spidey-punch right to the face and not slowing down a bit. My money is on Doc Ock.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 11:04 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

BP also seems susceptible to getting hurt by high enough blunt force. I mean, Bucky and Cap were landing hits on him which he couldn't tank through despite the vibranium suit, which means Ock can still hurt him.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 11:13 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Doc Ock tussled with a hero well above Black Panther's pay grade in Maguire/Raimi's Spider-Man, including taking the infamous Spidey-punch right to the face and not slowing down a bit. My money is on Doc Ock.
Taking a straight hit to the face should have killed him. That was definitely one of the worst parts of the movie.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 06:52 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Kotor3
Taking a straight hit to the face should have killed him. That was definitely one of the worst parts of the movie.

Hahahaha true. Well, in Spider-Man 3, Symbiote Peter gets a little ornery after his jazz performance in that bar or club or whatever and a couple bouncers try to subdue him. He actually struggles with them and then in a rage backhands Mary Jane, instead of, ya know, breaking those guys arms by just grabbing them and then knocking MJ's head off her shoulders.

huh

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 07:10 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kotor3

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Hahahaha true. Well, in Spider-Man 3, Symbiote Peter gets a little ornery after his jazz performance in that bar or club or whatever and a couple bouncers try to subdue him. He actually struggles with them and then in a rage backhands Mary Jane, instead of, ya know, breaking those guys arms by just grabbing them and then knocking MJ's head off her shoulders.

huh
I just ignored those parts of the movie and accept the movie for what it is. I enjoyed Spiderman 2 the most out of the Maguire spiderman movies.

I agree though Doc Oct should win this.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 02:14 PM
Kotor3 is currently offline Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'd go with Doctor Octopus here. If BP could get close, he could shred him up with his claws, but that is going to be extremely difficult. The Doc has a huge reach advantage, those limbs were fast enough to more than keep up with Spidey, and strong enough to tear a bank vault door apart, IIRC. He could likely pin/grab T'Challa with two of the arms, and then use the other two to try and detach his helm or something.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 03:41 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Black Panther is definitely fast and has significant protection in his Vibranium suit. However, Docs arms have some serious crushing power and they're fast enough to get past Spiderman and his spidey sense. I think Ock can do it. Although, Panther would eventually be able to get close enough to rip out the Docs throat.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2017 09:43 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote