KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Defenders vs Wolverine Villains

Defenders vs Wolverine Villains
Started by: Supermutant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermutant

Defenders vs Wolverine Villains

(please log in to view the image)

vs

Sabertooth, Agent Zero, Viper, and Blob.

Standard gear for everyone.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 08:53 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

I'll go with this since it's standard gear:

- Agent Zero shoots everyone in the head at the start of the fight on the Defenders team.
- Luke Cage survives this initial onslaught, but succumbs to the resulting 2-on-1 team-up by Sabertooth and Blob. Also don't know if Viper's claws can penetrate Cage, or if her Venom will have any effect on him. But tank barrel punch Blob + Sabertooth + Viper's agility and possible ability to poison Luke + Agent Zero providing suppressive fire on Luke = Wolverine Team wins.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2017 10:10 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I'll go with this since it's standard gear:

- Agent Zero shoots everyone in the head at the start of the fight on the Defenders team.
- Luke Cage survives this initial onslaught, but succumbs to the resulting 2-on-1 team-up by Sabertooth and Blob. Also don't know if Viper's claws can penetrate Cage, or if her Venom will have any effect on him. But tank barrel punch Blob + Sabertooth + Viper's agility and possible ability to poison Luke + Agent Zero providing suppressive fire on Luke = Wolverine Team wins.

Not 100% sure about this. While I agree that the other Defenders go down, I am not sure the team can take Luke out. Diamondback has better actual striking feats than either Creed (Origins Creed at least) or Blob, and he couldn't KO Luke. The tank feat was more a durability showing than anything else, as he plugged the barrel with his fist and let the shell detonate inside. But his head is nowhere near as durable. Both Creed and Blob have been thoroughly put on their asses (Origins Creed being flat out KO'd) by strikes from Logan. And Luke has better striking feats than Logan does. Also, don't know how much help Zero's fire is going to be, when Luke can literally walk at 3 guys who are firing automatic weapons at him which, in his words, was just "starting to piss him off", before taking them out. What's Viper's best feat of cutting something with her claws?

And OP should specify which version of Sabretooth is being used here.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 06:12 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Not 100% sure about this. While I agree that the other Defenders go down, I am not sure the team can take Luke out. Diamondback has better actual striking feats than either Creed (Origins Creed at least) or Blob, and he couldn't KO Luke. The tank feat was more a durability showing than anything else, as he plugged the barrel with his fist and let the shell detonate inside. But his head is nowhere near as durable. Both Creed and Blob have been thoroughly put on their asses (Origins Creed being flat out KO'd) by strikes from Logan. And Luke has better striking feats than Logan does. Also, don't know how much help Zero's fire is going to be, when Luke can literally walk at 3 guys who are firing automatic weapons at him which, in his words, was just "starting to piss him off", before taking them out. What's Viper's best feat of cutting something with her claws?

And OP should specify which version of Sabretooth is being used here.

Ya I thought about Blob's big massive weakness on his shoulders after my post: if Luke gives him a solid elbow drop or punch he's probably dead, but I'm thinking that Blob's durability and body mass can go toe-to-toe with Luke's durability and strength enough for a stalemate, and then it comes down to Sabretooth and Viper having enough striking/slashing power and Blob maybe getting a few haymakers in to take Luke down.

I was thinking if Zero shoots Luke in the face and eyes maybe he could keep him disoriented enough for the team to take advantage of it. If he shoots him center mass, then ya Luke's walking up to him and throwing him into a wall for a KO.

I'll have to check Viper's best claw cutting feat.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 12:58 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

The Viper stats that might matter in this fight:

◾Venom: Viper can omit a lethal venom that can cause extreme pain and death. She can either breathe the toxin, pass it on by kissing, or by using her tongue to secrete it on her claws. If the toxin is blown, then it will only take effect if it enters an open wound. She can also reabsorb the venom introduced into open wounds.
Claws: Much like Victor Creed, Viper's fingernails elongate and become pointed, allowing them to be used to slash at enemies. She can also secrete them with her toxin from her tongue to poison her foes.
◾Regeneration: Viper can heal her injuries by shedding her wounded skin like a snake, as evidence when Harada shot her with an arrow and sent falling several stores, which she quickly revived from. This ability, however, requires her to shed all of her wounded skin, including her hair. She also could not revive from her neck being hung by the neck, which broke when she was struck in the head by a falling elevator counterweight.
◾Agility: Viper had natural, snake-like agility that allowed her to dodge Yukio's sword strikes with ease.
◾Strength: Viper was strong enough to easily tear off a large metal canister bolted to the side of catwalk and swing it hard enough to knock Wolverine off of it after spraying his face with her toxin.

- Courtesy of http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Viper, but I don't have any clips handy.

Also, she has toxin immunity, which is useless here unless it makes you invulnerable to Sweet Christmas fists flying your way.

You know what, the team gives him a fight, but I recant my original stance and give the Defenders the win via Luke Cage.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 01:03 AM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Blob was dropped by Logan, so he has a glass jaw....

The down playing of Danny in here is dumb, he both punched a bullet out of the air and removed poison from Colleen... He is easily the fastest person here and he hits a hell of a lot harder than a bullet which dropped Logan who is far more durable than anyone on team WV.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 10:58 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Blob was dropped by Logan, so he has a glass jaw....

The down playing of Danny in here is dumb, he both punched a bullet out of the air and removed poison from Colleen... He is easily the fastest person here and he hits a hell of a lot harder than a bullet which dropped Logan who is far more durable than anyone on team WV.

Hadn't made it that far in to Iron Fist yet, but those are feats well above what I recall from episodes 1-9 (I think I'm midway through 9). Does he get stronger showings later on? [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The skyscraper floor busting feat I'm familiar with, just not anything else really.

My point with Agent Zero is that he showed near-flawless marksmanship and superhuman agility, dexterity, and kinesthesia in Origins, and he won't just be firing just one bullet, but several at the Defenders crew. Not saying Daredevil won't dodge and Luke won't tank, but I don't see Jessica and Danny surviving a volley from Zero before getting tagged one too many times.

Now after Luke gets in close and starts slamming bodies down and throwing haymakers, I don't know.

Or if Matt can dodge and throw his billy club to KO Zero, that changes the fight.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 12:35 AM