KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Baron Quinn vs Silver Moon (warning: ItB S2 spoilers)

Baron Quinn vs Silver Moon (warning: ItB S2 spoilers)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Baron Quinn vs Silver Moon (warning: ItB S2 spoilers)

So, after the S2 finale, I was curious to see what others thought about this match.

- Quinn has his sword.
- Nathaniel has the sword Sunny took from him.
- Fight takes place in Quinn's bunker.
- Opponents start 10 feet apart.

Who takes it?

Old Post May 24th, 2017 07:15 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'd personally give Quinn the edge here, but want to know what other people think.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 07:16 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Quinn wins. He technically beat Sunny before Sunny stabbed him in the back with that javelin throw and Sunny beat Moon. A>B>C logic isn't good but it's valid in this case I think

PWNT

Old Post May 24th, 2017 07:52 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Quinn takes this

that was one helluva season finale

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 24th, 2017 10:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It seemed like he was Koed for plot reasons just for his wife to get taken an die, as when he got up even in spite of being stabbed he fought Quinn without much ado again.

Leaving Quinn due to much greater damage soak

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 24th, 2017 10:19 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
It seemed like he was Koed for plot reasons just for his wife to get taken an die, as when he got up even in spite of being stabbed he fought Quinn without much ado again.

They both just had insane damage soak. The sword toss from Sunny impaled Quinn where the top of his left lung should sit, and he just kept fighting on. And that was after Sunny slashed his side, when Quinn took his eyes off him earlier in the fight, when Veil took Henry . And Sunny has been temp KO'd by those kinds of hits before, like when Cyan sent him flying a similar distance and put him out of the fight for a short bit (in the episode where he meets up with MK again), only for him to get up and carry on as per normal. So, not that unusual.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 12:49 AM
HulkIsHulk

Quinn wins. While impressive, Nathaniel wasn't close to the top guys of ITB. Just better than the ordinary Clipper. To be more precise in my opinion, somewhere between Tilda and Widow, much closer to Tilda.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 04:22 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

He was supposed to be "legendary", but I kind of got the feeling that he was past his prime. I mean Sunny had only heard stories of him, and Sunny has been around since Quinn found him as a child, which implies that Nathaniel had been away from the thick of things for some time. He did still do some mercenary work, but it doesn't quite compare to going toe-to-toe with other Clippers on an almost daily basis.

And, after some more thought, I don't think Sunny was at his best when Silver Moon fought him either. He'd been out of action for 6 months and living in terrible conditions. It probably took him a good minute to deal with 3 random mercs during his initial meeting with Nathaniel. Compare that to later in season 2, after he's had more time to recover and get back into his groove. He casually wrecked everyone he fought except Quinn. IIRC, he even easily beat 5 of Widow's armed Clippers, in the space of a few seconds, without even drawing his own sword, and that was after getting caught in an explosive blast wave from Quinn's suicide bomber.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 05:39 PM