KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ned Stark vs Sandor Clegane

Ned Stark vs Sandor Clegane
Started by: nfactor1995

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Gender: Male
Location: California

Ned Stark vs Sandor Clegane

TV show versions. Standard gear, to the death.

Who wins and why?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:02 PM
nfactor1995 is currently offline Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Gender: Male
Location: Land of the Lost

Sandor. Physically superior, and a lot more fights under his name.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:04 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

Ned Stark surprisingly.

Ned is smarter.


__________________

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:24 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Sandor. Physically superior, and a lot more fights under his name.
He doesn't have a lot more fights.

He does win though.


__________________



Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:26 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

Sandor stomps.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 11:05 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
He doesn't have a lot more fights.

He does win though.


Naah Ned wins. He is faster, smarter, and better skilled.

Sandor only has strenght on his side.


__________________

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 11:07 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

Sandor wins

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:12 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

The Hound

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:17 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Ned fought evenly against prime Jaime, and held his own against Arthur Dayne for a short amount of time. TBH the people he's fought are some of the known best sword fighters in the entire series (changed from the book, where Ned wouldn't stand a snowballs chance against Jaime).

Problem is Jaime doesn't have much in the way of on screen feats. Yes his backstory is the same and he was still trained by some of the greatest swordmen in the realm, but it's not a viable feat according the board rules. Going by whats seen on screen in the show, Sandor should win (even though Prime Jaime would slaughter Sandor).


__________________


PWNT

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:40 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Ned fought evenly against prime Jaime, and held his own against Arthur Dayne for a short amount of time. TBH the people he's fought are some of the known best sword fighters in the entire series (changed from the book, where Ned wouldn't stand a snowballs chance against Jaime).

Problem is Jaime doesn't have much in the way of on screen feats. Yes his backstory is the same and he was still trained by some of the greatest swordmen in the realm, but it's not a viable feat according the board rules. Going by whats seen on screen in the show, Sandor should win (even though Prime Jaime would slaughter Sandor).


Can't speak much on Dayne since we don't know his mindset as of yet but Jaime was not trying to kill Ned. He also looked like he was enjoying the fight rather than having to work for it. I doubt Ned would last more than a few seconds against a Kingslayer that were trying to kill him


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:22 AM
juggerman is currently offline Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Gender: Male
Location: Your Moms house

Hound wins, Ned doesn't have the feats to stack up to Clegane

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:45 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Can't speak much on Dayne since we don't know his mindset as of yet but Jaime was not trying to kill Ned. He also looked like he was enjoying the fight rather than having to work for it. I doubt Ned would last more than a few seconds against a Kingslayer that were trying to kill him
Jaime smiled after their first exchange because he enjoys the sport of it. He probably even went into it wanting to take Ned alive. Rewatching the scene though, Jaime was definitely going all out on Ned. He was even on the defensive for the latter half of it when Ned was gaining ground on him. Their fight was even, and Jaime was definitely trying his hardest. You could see it from the expressions on his face. Plus if he was playing, he would have been able to at least knick Ned here and there, but he couldn't land a single slice.


__________________


PWNT

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:44 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Jaime smiled after their first exchange because he enjoys the sport of it. He probably even went into it wanting to take Ned alive. Rewatching the scene though, Jaime was definitely going all out on Ned. He was even on the defensive for the latter half of it when Ned was gaining ground on him. Their fight was even, and Jaime was definitely trying his hardest. You could see it from the expressions on his face. Plus if he was playing, he would have been able to at least knick Ned here and there, but he couldn't land a single slice.


Jaime was pretty clear about wanted to take Ned alive which immediately handicapped him seeing as how he would have to actively try not to land any blows that could potentially kill while Ned was under no obligation to do the same. Now admittedly we can't really know if Ned was going for the kill either but I'm going to assume he was for now seeing as he buddy was just killed in front of his face as well as all his men


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:39 AM
juggerman is currently offline Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Here's the fight:



I see why you say you say Jaime was going all out. I disagree but that's more of my interpretation than anything else. To me Jaime was enjoying himself but he did work here just like Mayweather vs McGregor was competitive but McGregor was clearly outmatched.

Maybe I underestimated Ned when I first commented. He would make Jaime work for it but Jaime would win 10/10


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:47 AM
juggerman is currently offline Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
Hound wins, Ned doesn't have the feats to stack up to Clegane


No. Hound doesnt have the feats to go against Ned.

Ned is COMPLETLY smarter than the Hound, and he is better with the sword.

Hound doesnt have a chance here.


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:56 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

The Hound took down his bother in single combat.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:00 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location:

The Hound.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Ned fought evenly against prime Jaime, and held his own against Arthur Dayne for a short amount of time. TBH the people he's fought are some of the known best sword fighters in the entire series (changed from the book, where Ned wouldn't stand a snowballs chance against Jaime).

Problem is Jaime doesn't have much in the way of on screen feats. Yes his backstory is the same and he was still trained by some of the greatest swordmen in the realm, but it's not a viable feat according the board rules. Going by whats seen on screen in the show, Sandor should win (even though Prime Jaime would slaughter Sandor).


If we go by the books Sandor is one of the few people who Jaime thinks are physically stronger than himself and can potentially beat him in a fight. Considering Jaime's high opinion of himself and how many times the two have met on tournaments, that's high praise. Also, in the show Jaime says that after Ned's death there are three people who can rival him as a swordsman - the Clegane brothers and Selmy.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:32 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Jaime was pretty clear about wanted to take Ned alive which immediately handicapped him seeing as how he would have to actively try not to land any blows that could potentially kill while Ned was under no obligation to do the same. Now admittedly we can't really know if Ned was going for the kill either but I'm going to assume he was for now seeing as he buddy was just killed in front of his face as well as all his men
I agree he was clear about it at first, but that didn't mean he'd have the choice if ned is as good as he is. Jaime seemed to actually want to measure himself against Ned in a legitimate fight. He was even angry at the guard member for stabbing Ned in the back before they had a clear victor.

That said, it doesn't really matter here. I still agree the Hound takes it at this point. Prime Jaime doesn't have the on screen feats for me to properly argue otherwise.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
The Hound.

If we go by the books Sandor is one of the few people who Jaime thinks are physically stronger than himself and can potentially beat him in a fight. Considering Jaime's high opinion of himself and how many times the two have met on tournaments, that's high praise. Also, in the show Jaime says that after Ned's death there are three people who can rival him as a swordsman - the Clegane brothers and Selmy.
No, book Jaime claims there are three people in the entire kingdom who could potentially beat him. The Cleganes aren't among them. He told Brienne that the brothers are stronger than him, but he could still cut through either of the Clegane brothers without too much trouble.

"She is stronger than I am.

The realization chilled him. Robert had been stronger than him, to be sure. The White Bull Gerold Hightower as well, in his heyday, and Ser Arthur Dayne. Amongst the living, Greatjon Umber was stronger, Strongboar of Crakehall most likely, both Cleganes for a certainty. The Mountainís strength was like nothing human. It did not matter. With speed and skill, Jaime could beat them all."

Who the living three are is up to interpretation. Selmy is one for sure, most agree. Some speculated others are Garlan Tyrell, Viper, Areo Hotah, and Darkstar.


__________________


PWNT

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:08 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
The Hound took down his bother in single combat.


Lol. The Mountain isnt an exceptional fighter, he is just Super Strong.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ned beats the Mountain too.


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:30 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
The Ultimate Judger

Gender: Male
Location: Everywhere

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
The Hound.



If we go by the books Sandor is one of the few people who Jaime thinks are physically stronger than himself and can potentially beat him in a fight. Considering Jaime's high opinion of himself and how many times the two have met on tournaments, that's high praise. Also, in the show Jaime says that after Ned's death there are three people who can rival him as a swordsman - the Clegane brothers and Selmy.


Lol No.

Sandor isn't to the level of Ned or Jaime.

Sandor is a good swordman, but not to their level.

Ned has participated in wars and has earned himself a good name.

Ned is also cold minded. He is skilled with the sword, as we saw him go toe to toe with Jaime. And he has experience.

The hound is just an ill-tempered good swordman.

Not enough to beat Ned.


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 08:32 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 12:54 PM.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ned Stark vs Sandor Clegane

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.