KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Jon Snow runs a GOT Gauntlet

Jon Snow runs a GOT Gauntlet
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: US

Jon Snow runs a GOT Gauntlet

Standard equipment. Can he clear? If not where does he stop?

1. Theon Greyjoy
2. Alliser Thorne
3. Jorah Mormont
4. Tormund Giantsbane
5. Bronn of the Blackwater
6. Brienne of Tarth
7. Jaime Lannister

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 03:41 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Gender: Male
Location:

Does he get healed and rested after every fight? Because if he does then he probably clears. Jaime might beat him, but at this point Jon just has way more feats to pull from.


__________________

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:11 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: US

Yep fully healed after each fight

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:16 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: US

You have to look at the quality of the feats though not just the quantity. Obviously Jon has a lot since he's one of the main characters

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:17 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Jon beats any and everyone forever.


__________________



Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:25 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

Account Restricted

loses at Brienne

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:26 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Gender: Male
Location: KMC

Brienne or Bronn.


__________________

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:37 AM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rebel95
You have to look at the quality of the feats though not just the quantity. Obviously Jon has a lot since he's one of the main characters


None of these others have ever fought anything as dangerous as a white walker. What opponents have the others fought that are better "quality" than the opponents Jon has fought?


__________________

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 04:47 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Gender: Male
Location: KMC

White Walkers are only so dangerous because you can't beat them without Valyrian steel, and because their really strong. Other than that, they aren't all that skilled.


__________________

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:13 AM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Jon loses to Bronn, Brienne and Jaime(assuming you mean two handed Jaime of course)


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:19 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
White Walkers are only so dangerous because you can't beat them without Valyrian steel, and because their really strong. Other than that, they aren't all that skilled.


Again I ask, which opponents have the others fouģht that make them more dangerous than the ones Jon fought?


__________________

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:20 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Jon loses to Bronn, Brienne and Jaime(assuming you mean two handed Jaime of course)


What makes you think bronn, brienne and jamie are better than Jon?


__________________

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:21 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
What makes you think bronn, brienne and jamie are better than Jon?


Jon has trouble with dirty fighters meaning Bronn has a clear advantage.

Brienne beat several anointed knights in the melee that won her place by Renley's side. These were men that trained all their lives with a master at arms like Jon. Jon OTTH has mostly fought untrained wildlings with inferior weapons and armor, or undead with no weapons at all

With Jaime it's mostly hype if I'm being honest. I'm actually starting to think I ride his nuts a little too hard now


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:31 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Gender: Male
Location: KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Again I ask, which opponents have the others fouģht that make them more dangerous than the ones Jon fought?
Brienne stomped two kingsguards, Jaime fought Ned & Brienne, and Bronn was able to carve through soldiers like butter, and he beat the seemingly best knight in the Vale.


__________________

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:31 AM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Brienne stomped two kingsguards


3


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:35 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Gender: Male
Location: KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Jon has trouble with dirty fighters meaning Bronn has a clear advantage.

Brienne beat several anointed knights in the melee that won her place by Renley's side. These were men that trained all their lives with a master at arms like Jon. Jon OTTH has mostly fought untrained wildlings with inferior weapons and armor, or undead with no weapons at all

With Jaime it's mostly hype if I'm being honest. I'm actually starting to think I ride his nuts a little too hard now

Sorry for responding to every ****ing post, but I need to point a few things out.

I don't think Jon really has problems with dirty fighters anymore - sure, he had problems with Karl, but he learned from him. He isn't too honorable anymore, either - he spit Styr in the face.

That's not Brienne's best feat, just sayin'.

Nah. The problem in GoT/ASOIAF vs is that many chars barely have feats - but we know that Jaime is >>> Beric, for example, as ASOIAF is about more than feats. I mean, for example, compare what GRRM said about Jaime - "one of the greatest swordsmen of all time" and Ned - "he's a average fighter". I mean, Ned might have more feats (he doesn't, but let's assume he does); but we know that Jaime is far better regardless.


__________________

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:37 AM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Sorry for responding to every ****ing post, but I need to point a few things out.

I don't think Jon really has problems with dirty fighters anymore - sure, he had problems with Karl, but he learned from him. He isn't too honorable anymore, either - he spit Styr in the face.

That's not Brienne's best feat, just sayin'.

Nah. The problem in GoT/ASOIAF vs is that many chars barely have feats - but we know that Jaime is >>> Beric, for example, as ASOIAF is about more than feats. I mean, for example, compare what GRRM said about Jaime - "one of the greatest swordsmen of all time" and Ned - "he's a average fighter". I mean, Ned might have more feats (he doesn't, but let's assume he does); but we know that Jaime is far better regardless.


It's cool

Bronn is a much dirtier fighter than Jon has faced before. I could see a quick dagger toss ending this fight before it began

I know it's not her best feat. Just pointing out that she was able to best many fighter with a similar training history as Mr. Snow

We're supposed to argue based on feats here.


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 06:07 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
Jon has trouble with dirty fighters meaning Bronn has a clear advantage.

Brienne beat several anointed knights in the melee that won her place by Renley's side. These were men that trained all their lives with a master at arms like Jon. Jon OTTH has mostly fought untrained wildlings with inferior weapons and armor, or undead with no weapons at all

With Jaime it's mostly hype if I'm being honest. I'm actually starting to think I ride his nuts a little too hard now


Jon has been fighting Wildlings and zombies for some time now. It has been a long time since a dirty fighter got the best of him. Bronn on the other hand has shown to have trouble dealing with a decent opponent one on one that isn't weighed down with armor. He failed to take out that Dothraki and the sand snake. Jon actually has better odds than Bronn.


__________________

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 06:10 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Jon has been fighting Wildlings and zombies for some time now. It has been a long time since a dirty fighter got the best of him. Bronn on the other hand has shown to have trouble dealing with a decent opponent one on one that isn't weighed down with armor. He failed to take out that Dothraki and the sand snake. Jon actually has better odds than Bronn.


Exactly. Jon has not been fighting competent fighters very often. Wildlings have no armor, inferior weapons and no actual combat training. The undead are even worse. They don't dodge, block, parry or use any other technique. They kinda just run right at you so you don't have to do much other than hack and slash them down.

As for Bronn, he was inferior to the Dothraki on horseback and found himself at a disadvantage which he turned around pretty quickly. Jon wouldn't have that advantage and we've seen Bronn's accuracy with that dagger toss


__________________

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 06:31 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

Account Restricted

Brienne took down the Hound, Iím pretty sure thatís her best feat. Jon ainít beating the Hound, much less Brienne.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 07:25 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 12:59 PM.
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Jon Snow runs a GOT Gauntlet

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.