KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Godzilla Vs Asgard

Godzilla Vs Asgard
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Godzilla Vs Asgard

Godzilla is dumped on asgard, Odin is King

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:14 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Godzilla dies.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:31 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dayman

Lol what?

Godzilla was basically a God, older than Odin in his own universe.

Asgard gets destroyed while Godzilla casually walks through everything Thor, Odin, and Asgard throw at him.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 11:18 PM
Dayman is currently offline Click here to Send Dayman a Private Message Find more posts by Dayman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dayman
Lol what?

Asgard gets destroyed while Godzilla casually walks through everything Thor, Odin, and Asgard throw at him.

Asgard wins.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 12:14 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Lol what?

Asgard has technology that can destroy an entire world. Godzilla has nothing on that.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 01:11 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Burning Godzilla through Final Wars could possibly stalemate. Not sure bout other versions

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 10:30 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dayman

Well, that didn't stop... A certain someone from doing a certain thing to asgard

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:34 PM
Dayman is currently offline Click here to Send Dayman a Private Message Find more posts by Dayman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Well, that didn't stop... A certain someone from doing a certain thing to asgard

Godzilla isn't that Certain Someone.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:37 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

So Asgard shoots itself with the bifrost?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:42 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So Asgard shoots itself with the bifrost?

No, but when you're dealing with a race advanced enough to teleport through vast galaxies and has enough firepower to destroy an entire planet, do you really think an overgrown lizard will give them that much issues?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 11:49 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The results of this match can vary wildly depending on which version of Godzilla we are talking about. Some versions would wreck Asgard (like the versions that can bathe in magma and take hits from meteorites), while some versions (like that giant iguana that got killed by like a few missiles or something IIRC, from '98) would likely get murdered quickly.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:59 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The results of this match can vary wildly depending on which version of Godzilla we are talking about. Some versions would wreck Asgard (like the versions that can bathe in magma and take hits from meteorites), while some versions (like that giant iguana that got killed by like a few missiles or something IIRC, from '98) would likely get murdered quickly.

I think OP was refering to 2014 Godzilla.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:02 AM
Arachnid1

I don't remember the Asgardians ever using anything with the destructive power of a nuke, and Godzilla tanked that. TBH Asgard doesn't have anything that could hurt Godzilla to my knowledge, though I haven't seen Ragnarok so that could change. Odin may be able to do some damage based off implied power, but he hasn't really showcased being the god/celestial level being he should be.

Galactus takes the solid majority for now but I'm open to convincing here.

This too. Depends on which GZ but I'm assuming OP means the most recent version.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:31 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This too. Depends on which GZ but I'm assuming OP means the most recent version.

Well, in terms of Hollywood, that's the 2014 version. Overall though, Shin Godzilla came out in 2016. And Planet of the Monsters actually drops on the same day as Justice League.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:36 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Well, in terms of Hollywood, that's the 2014 version. Overall though, Shin Godzilla came out in 2016. And Planet of the Monsters actually drops on the same day as Justice League.
Damn I actually went full American and forgot about Shin Godzilla being released. Not that cut and dry then

PWNT

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:39 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I think OP was refering to 2014 Godzilla.
Yes 2014

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:44 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I don't remember the Asgardians ever using anything with the destructive power of a nuke, and Godzilla tanked that. TBH Asgard doesn't have anything that could hurt Godzilla to my knowledge, though I haven't seen Ragnarok so that could change. Odin may be able to do some damage based off implied power, but he hasn't really showcased being the god/celestial level being he should be.

Galactus takes the solid majority for now but I'm open to convincing here.

Well the Bifrost simulates a small scale Death Star Laser when aimed.

Also Asgard still has the Space stone.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 04:07 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Well the Bifrost simulates a small scale Death Star Laser when aimed.

Also Asgard still has the Space stone.
Have we seen any of that in action outside the comics though? I haven't seen Ragnarok but the bifrost has been gone since Thor 1. We also have no indication that Loki can use the space stone to its full potential. If he could, be'd currently be the most powerful being in Asgard and would have no need to be in hiding.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 06:16 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Have we seen any of that in action outside the comics though? I haven't seen Ragnarok but the bifrost has been gone since Thor 1. We also have no indication that Loki can use the space stone to its full potential. If he could, be'd currently be the most powerful being in Asgard and would have no need to be in hiding.

I was under the assumption that we were discussing Asgard at it's full strength. Because discussing Asgard as it currently is would mean Bifrost is destroyed, their shields might not have recovered after the dark elf attack, Odin wouldn't have been supervising for a few years, etc.

Wouldn't exactly be a fair fight.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 06:48 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

I thought they fixed everything with the cosmic cube

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 06:56 PM