KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Voldemort runs a gauntlet

How far does Voldemort get?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dies at the warm up 3 100.00%
Dies at 1 0 0%
Dies at 2 0 0%
Dies at 3 0 0%
Dies at 4 0 0%
Dies at 5 0 0%
Dies at the bonus 0 0%
Clears 0 0%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Voldemort runs a gauntlet
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Voldemort runs a gauntlet

Voldy runs a gauntlet to prove he is the most powerful Dark Lord.

Setting: Colloseum

Starting distance: 100 feet

Conditions: No rest between fights.

Can he make it?

Warm-up: The Destroyer

1. Quicksilver (Fox)
2. Doctor Doom (2005 version)
3. Darth Vader (CW and movies composite)
4. Green Lantern
5. Doomsday

BONUS: Doctor Manhattan

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 6th, 2017 at 10:52 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 10:50 AM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Besides some kind of spell to disable or dismantle the Destroyer, that's a whole lot of one-way traffic coming towards Tom Riddle in the form of butt-kickings.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 11:01 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

He clears

His bowels before dying each round.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 11:32 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
He clears

His bowels before dying each round.

You got me.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 11:42 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Besides some kind of spell to disable or dismantle the Destroyer, that's a whole lot of one-way traffic coming towards Tom Riddle in the form of butt-kickings.

Well, isn't Voldemort supposed to be a top wizard. Surely he can get past the Destroyer?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 06:32 AM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I have no recollection of anything being in the HP Wizards arsenal that will affect the Destroyer. Transfiguration might be able to get the job done, but that is all I can think off.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:26 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Utrigita
I have no recollection of anything being in the HP Wizards arsenal that will affect the Destroyer. Transfiguration might be able to get the job done, but that is all I can think off.

Coming to think about it, perhaps you are right.

So far the general consensus is that the Destroyer.... destroys Voldemort.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:07 PM
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Utrigita

I completely refuse to believe that Voldemort can Transfigure Asgards greatest weapon...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:12 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I completely refuse to believe that Voldemort can Transfigure Asgards greatest weapon...

So... Voldemort doesn't have what it takes?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 05:19 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know if there is any good reason to truly say the Destroyer couldn't be transfigured. There isn't any scene you can point to in order to suggest it could withstand it. I know this is a gauntlet, but as the first person officially on the gauntlet can easily defeat him I will just discuss each fight.

Voldemort gets blitzed by Quicksilver easily. I think he could take the 2005 version of Doom. Hard to say if the death curse would work, but transfiguration would. Darth Vader...probably a quickdraw there. Transfiguration, fire, the death curse...all options. Even if one wanted to say the AK wouldn't kill Vader it would still most likely do some damage to his suit.

He loses to Green Lantern. The movie was terrible, but GL was pretty powerful. He has decent shields and far more overall offensive power than Voldemort. Doomsday is hard to say. Technically, just like the Destroyer, I don't think DD has any feats in the movie to suggest he could resist mystical transfiguration. That is about the only thing that would end up stopping DD.

Doctor Manhattan can win pretty easily. I don't see the death curse working on an energy being. Plus since he has enough control over his molecular structure to easily rebuild his entire body within minutes...I don't think transfiguration would do much either. DM vaporizes Voldemort.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Surtur
I don't know if there is any good reason to truly say the Destroyer couldn't be transfigured. There isn't any scene you can point to in order to suggest it could withstand it. I know this is a gauntlet, but as the first person officially on the gauntlet can easily defeat him I will just discuss each fight.

The only thing that works to the Destroyers advantage is this

quote:
There are a number of factors a wizard must take into account when carrying out Transfiguration spells. The intended transformation (t) is directly influenced by bodyweight (a), viciousness (v), wand power (w), concentration (c) and a fifth unknown variable (Z),[4] as described by the following mathematical formula (as taught to first-years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry):

(please log in to view the image)

So transfiguring isn't easy, it's quite tough. On the other hand Voldemort is a very accomplished Wizard. So I agree completely, when nothing suggest from the movie that the Destroyer could withstand it, it's at least worth a thought or two imo. I'm under no illusion that it'll be easy, it says concentration is a factor and concentrating when you have a Disintegration Beam flying your way isn't easy.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:06 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Is that formula from the movie?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:13 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Bentley
Is that formula from the movie?

I nicked it straight out of Harry Potter Wikia, and it gave a link to the movie. I will admit that I haven't rewatched the movie to confirm it.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:46 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Surtur

Voldemort gets blitzed by Quicksilver easily. I think he could take the 2005 version of Doom. Hard to say if the death curse would work, but transfiguration would. Darth Vader...probably a quickdraw there. Transfiguration, fire, the death curse...all options. Even if one wanted to say the AK wouldn't kill Vader it would still most likely do some damage to his suit.

He loses to Green Lantern. The movie was terrible, but GL was pretty powerful. He has decent shields and far more overall offensive power than Voldemort. Doomsday is hard to say. Technically, just like the Destroyer, I don't think DD has any feats in the movie to suggest he could resist mystical transfiguration. That is about the only thing that would end up stopping DD.

Doctor Manhattan can win pretty easily. I don't see the death curse working on an energy being. Plus since he has enough control over his molecular structure to easily rebuild his entire body within minutes...I don't think transfiguration would do much either. DM vaporizes Voldemort.

Interesting insights thumb up

When it comes to Vader vs. Voldy you may be correct that it comes down to the quick draw. But in that case I feel Vader with his Force-enhanced reflexes and precognition is going to win.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:31 PM