KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU ranking

MCU ranking
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

MCU ranking

Rank these MCU characters in order from the most to the least powerful.

Let's rank them in order of who can defeat the biggest number of other people from the list.

Some restrictions:

- Iron Man has no prep time here, but he can use his most powerful suit.

- Doctor Strange is without the time gem.

Iron Man
Scarlet Witch
Thor
Loki
Vision
Hulk
Kurse
Dr Strange
Spiderman

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 6th, 2017 at 08:00 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 07:46 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I think to properly do this we need some kind of context. Are we defining this by who can beat who? Who can defeat the most number of opponents on the list? Who can take out the most number of villains with minimal effort? Who's the most useful to the team?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 07:52 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
I think to properly do this we need some kind of context. Are we defining this by who can beat who? Who can defeat the most number of opponents on the list? Who can take out the most number of villains with minimal effort? Who's the most useful to the team?

Good point

Ok. Edited the OP.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 07:56 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

9. Spiderman - despite being a pretty powerful character, he's still a noob and if he can't even beat Captain America then there's no way he can take out the rest of these guys.

8. Dr. Strange - the problem with Strange is that despite having the most implied power, he's never really applied them much in combat. In combat he mostly goes h2h with some assistance from portals and his cape. It's one thing to teleport Thor and Loki around while at the comfort of your own stronghold and something else to do so in the middle of a fight. So until he shows more power feats during combat, I have to judge him based on what we've seen on screen. His most powerful tool are portals but I don't really consider BFRs as proper wins. It's mostly a stalemate really.

7. Scarlet Witch - She has force fields, she has TK strong enough to rip apart multiple ultronbots and she can mess up your minds. And she's proven herself in combat. The reason she's this low is that she's squishy. A lapse in attention and she can get taken out with a single hit from all the remaining people in the list.

6. Ironman - as long as Tony gets his strongest suit, he actually has a good balance of strength, durability and ranged weaponry. He can easily knock out the 3 characters below him with a single hit as long as he can land the hit. All the other characters above him can tank his hits.

5. Loki - he's one of the most durable characters here. His knives will mess up IM and a single hit from him can KO the bottom 3 fighters. SW and Strange might give him some issues but in the end, none of them have what it takes to knock him out.

4. Hulk - I think IM and Loki can give Hulk a hell of a fight if they play it smart. IM has enough weaponry and maneuverability to pester Hulk, and Loki can utilize illusions and his magical knives to make it a very painful fight for Hulk. In the end though, I don't see how they can take him out permanently.

3. Kurse - I think it's clear with the way Kurse handled Thor in fisticuffs that he's a superior h2h fighter than the Hulk. Plus he's too tough and strong for the rest of the characters in the list to take out permanently.

2. Vision - as long as Vision uses his powers to full potential, he should be able to just phase in and out, rip people apart or blast them with the infinity stone. Plus he's nearly indestructible. The only caveat is SW who's proven she can control the stone, so Vision does get 1 loss to SW which is one of the reasons he gets 2nd place. The other reason is that we've seen Vision get paralyzed with Hawkeye's electric arrows, which means he's in trouble with contender no. 1

1. Thor - to be honest, if Thor plays this smart and just spams lightning from a distance, majority of these characters won't even be able to get near him. Then there's the fact that at his full power his lightning coats him almost like a living thing that automatically attacks anything within the vicinity, which gives him a very offensive shield. That's not even including his capacity to lift the opponent in the air with a tornado and the fact that he's a very skilled h2h combatant with high end strength and durability.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 08:58 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Good list Froth. I completely agree with everything on there.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 09:27 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

That's one of the things I like about the MCU version of Thor. they actually show Thor being a skilled warrior. comics seem to give people like Thor and Wonder Woman lip service, but most of the time they either brawl or seem to get matched by people like Superman or the Hulk in the HTH dept.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 09:41 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Silent Master
That's one of the things I like about the MCU version of Thor. they actually show Thor being a skilled warrior. comics seem to give people like Thor and Wonder Woman lip service, but most of the time they either brawl or seem to get matched by people like Superman or the Hulk in the HTH dept.

Yeah, it's good that the MCU doesn't portray Thor like a dumb brawler (most of the time anyway, because he did act like a dumb brawler against Kurse).

In AOU he pretty much ducked and dodged a bunch of blasts from an Ultronbot at near pointblank range.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 09:51 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

#1 Would definitely Strange. His magical powers exceed anything we have seen. Even without the power gem, his manipulation over reality is very high!

I don't see how any of the other avengers would fair good against him.

After strange well, I am not really sure as to how the hierarchy falls.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 10:20 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
#1 Would definitely Strange. His magical powers exceed anything we have seen. Even without the power gem, his manipulation over reality is very high!

I don't see how any of the other avengers would fair good against him.

After strange well, I am not really sure as to how the hierarchy falls.

Do you have any actual movie feats where Dr. Strange demonstrated these powers in a fight?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 10:37 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Do you have any actual movie feats where Dr. Strange demonstrated these powers in a fight?

Did you watch Dr Strange? Also per the latest Marvel release Thor Ragnarok [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Strange has not only improved since his appearance in Dr Strange but is seen using reality warping. Even depicted locking Loki in an illusion!

Loki is considered a very powerful magician and was still dwarfed by Strange

So, yes Strange is #1. I think that should be obvious.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 01:03 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Even depicted locking Loki in an illusion!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't believe it was an illusion. I think he really teleported him into the right place/dimension so he could be falling for 30 minutes.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 01:09 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't believe it was an illusion. I think he really teleported him into the right place/dimension so he could be falling for 30 minutes.

Yes my bad.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Else he wouldn't have landed from the roof out of nowhere when Strange summoned him.

Maybe a type of pocket dimension.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 01:11 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Did you watch Dr Strange? Also per the latest Marvel release Thor Ragnarok [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Strange has not only improved since his appearance in Dr Strange but is seen using reality warping. Even depicted locking Loki in an illusion!

Loki is considered a very powerful magician and was still dwarfed by Strange

So, yes Strange is #1. I think that should be obvious.

I watched Dr. Strange the movie. In the movie, he only ever fought h2h, used some semi-decent shield constructs and a whip, made some portals and relied on his cape for the rest. Keyword here is this is what he did DURING a fight.

In Thor Ragnarok, everything he did was when he was
1. Not fighting
and 2. Inside his mansion.

So like I said, show me feats of Dr. Strange doing these powers while in a middle of a fight.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 01:14 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I watched Dr. Strange the movie. In the movie, he only ever fought h2h, used some semi-decent shield constructs and a whip, made some portals and relied on his cape for the rest. Keyword here is this is what he did DURING a fight.

In Thor Ragnarok, everything he did was when he was
1. Not fighting
and 2. Inside his mansion.

So like I said, show me feats of Dr. Strange doing these powers while in a middle of a fight.

The entire Dr. Strange movie was based on Reality Warping dear!

Dr. Strange is specifically depicted creating portals, using energy weapons, and using other powers and abilities which All fall under Reality Warping and Energy Manipulation.

Furthermore, in Ragnarok we see how Strange put Loki in a sort of pocket dimension. If you forget Loki is a very powerful magical being! And still Strange managed to dwarf him.

Also remember that Strange became the Sorcerer Supreme at the end of Dr. Strange! He had at his disposal thousands of books regarding magic.

His abilities substantially increased!

Strange wins simply because there is no way the other avengers could fight his magic. As simple as that.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 01:23 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

The entire Dr. Strange movie was based on Reality Warping dear!

Dr. Strange is specifically depicted creating portals, using energy weapons, and using other powers and abilities which All fall under Reality Warping and Energy Manipulation.

Furthermore, in Ragnarok we see how Strange put Loki in a sort of pocket dimension. If you forget Loki is a very powerful magical being! And still Strange managed to dwarf him.

Also remember that Strange became the Sorcerer Supreme at the end of Dr. Strange! He had at his disposal thousands of books regarding magic.

His abilities substantially increased!

Strange wins simply because there is no way the other avengers could fight his magic. As simple as that.

Reality warping was done by kaecilius and the ancient one. Show me Dr. Strange doing reality warping while in combat? Unless you consider creating weapons and shields constructs as reality warping, in which case Thor and Loki are also both reality warpers.

What Strange did to Loki and Thor was done while the were not trying to fight him. Again, please post feats that were done while Strange was in the middle of a fight.

I also don't recall Strange being called Sorcerer supreme.

Last edited by FrothByte on Nov 7th, 2017 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:19 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Reality warping was done by kaecilius and the ancient one. Show me Dr. Strange doing reality warping while in combat? Unless you consider creating weapons and shields constructs as reality warping, in which case Thor and Loki are also both reality warpers.

What Strange did to Loki and Thor was done while the were not trying to fight him. Again, please post feats that were done while Strange was in the middle of a fight.

I also don't recall Strange being called Sorcerer supreme.
]

Yes. And Strange became Sorcerer Supreme in the end of Dr. Strange, which gave him ample of knowledge along with time to learn such abilities. He was the chosen one after all! It would be illogical to think Strange did nothing in that time considering his curiosity and aptitude for learning!

What he did with Loki is reality warping. He put him in another dimension.

Are you claiming that Loki willingly allowed himself to be tricked by Strange? LOL!!!!!!

Strange could replicate what he did with Thor and all other Avengers!

He wins this. His magic is beyond all of the Avengers.

He wasn't called Sorcerer Supreme, but he has taken the Ancient's One's job! As clearly seen when Thor is received by him.

Strange is #1. His magic puts him there.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:36 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

]

Yes. And Strange became Sorcerer Supreme in the end of Dr. Strange, which gave him ample of knowledge along with time to learn such abilities. He was the chosen one after all! It would be illogical to think Strange did nothing in that time considering his curiosity and aptitude for learning!

What he did with Loki is reality warping. He put him in another dimension.

Are you claiming that Loki willingly allowed himself to be tricked by Strange? LOL!!!!!!

Strange could replicate what he did with Thor and all other Avengers!

He wins this. His magic is beyond all of the Avengers.

He wasn't called Sorcerer Supreme, but he has taken the Ancient's One's job! As clearly seen when Thor is received by him.

Strange is #1. His magic puts him there.

Loki was standing on a sidewalk when Strange drew him in the hole. Again, not fighting. Do you understand the difference between fighting and not fighting?

Tell you what, how bout you just post vids of Strange doing the things you claim he can do while fighting. The movie has been out some time now so youtube clips should be easily found.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 02:43 AM
Darth Thor

I think Josh’s point is that given Strange’s vast improvement at teleportation by the time of Ragnarok, that his energy weapons and shields have probably also vastly improved, and that he can likely reality warp by now as well.

That might or might not be true but we have to wait and see.

As usual Josh will go by his preferred assumptions and Wiki, than by on screen feats.

An argument could be made for Strange to be no.1 though via BFR alone though.

Also I like how Josh refuses to rank everyone after Strange, because then he’d have to put both Thor and Vision above Hulk.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 08:39 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

I need a recap on vision to place him above hulk. currently thor is definitely above hulk tho

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 08:59 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Raisen
I need a recap on vision to place him above hulk. currently thor is definitely above hulk tho

Hulk and Vision are probably on par in terms of overall power, but given Vision's ability to go intangible, Hulk wouldn't stand much of a chance at all against Vision in a 1 v 1 match up.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 12:08 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote