KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thor vs. Sebastian Shaw

Thor vs. Sebastian Shaw
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Thor vs. Sebastian Shaw

Setting: The submarine where Shaw fought Magneto in X-men: First Class

Starting distance: 100 feet

Who wins?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 03:45 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess it depends on what limits you want to give Shaw. He should be able to absorb the energy from any attack Thor uses on him.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 04:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Not necessarily. He never absorbed anythning as powerful as Thor's lightning, and if he's got Mjolnir, he could just sit it on his chest.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 04:48 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

I think thor would overload him

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 04:54 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Not necessarily. He never absorbed anythning as powerful as Thor's lightning, and if he's got Mjolnir, he could just sit it on his chest.

Shaw was absorbing an atomic bomb, however.

BTW latest version of Thor. No hammer.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 04:56 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Stigma
Shaw was absorbing an atomic bomb, however.

BTW latest version of Thor. No hammer.

No he wasn't. He was slowly absorbing the energy from the nuclear sub. Absorbing radiation is not the same as absorbing a nuke going off. It's like saying absorbing the energy from that grenade or that bazooka means he can absorb the energy from a bunker buster. The levels of power are far too different to give him one because he sorta did the other.

I see Thor either overloading him(as he seems to have infinite lightning), or just choking him out once he realizes that hits just seem to make him more powerful.

Basically I just don't see Shaw winning, as nothing he showed is even capable of hurting Thor. Even his strength is run of the mill for him.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 05:05 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

One thing people forget is that he overpowered Magneto. Even in the first movie he was pretty powerful and Shaw was able to exert more force than Magneto could dish out.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 05:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Surtur
One thing people forget is that he overpowered Magneto. Even in the first movie he was pretty powerful and Shaw was able to exert more force than Magneto could dish out.

I remember the scene perfectly. Magneto starts slamming I-Beams into Shaw after he's absorbed good bit of radiaton. So he just brushes them off and keeps walking forward.

That Magneto is nowhere near as powerful as AoA Magneto however, and nowhere near as ruthless(he could've turned the metal into shards like he did against Apoc). And as I said, Shaw had time to absorb some radiation.

In this fight, I'm assuming he starts at normal levels, and Thor definitely won't give him a chance to charge.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 05:10 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by KingD19
No he wasn't. He was slowly absorbing the energy from the nuclear sub. Absorbing radiation is not the same as absorbing a nuke going off. It's like saying absorbing the energy from that grenade or that bazooka means he can absorb the energy from a bunker buster. The levels of power are far too different to give him one because he sorta did the other.

I see Thor either overloading him(as he seems to have infinite lightning), or just choking him out once he realizes that hits just seem to make him more powerful.

Basically I just don't see Shaw winning, as nothing he showed is even capable of hurting Thor. Even his strength is run of the mill for him.

Sure thing. I should have been mroe specific. He was absorbing nuclear energy.

Not sure if physical attacks will even work on Shaw, given that he withstood Magneto's assault with ease.

When it comes to Thor's lightning, I am curious myself how this will play out.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 05:15 PM
KingD19

Originally posted by Stigma
Sure thing. I should have been mroe specific. He was absorbing nuclear energy.

Not sure if physical attacks will even work on Shaw, given that he withstood Magneto's assault with ease.

When it comes to Thor's lightning, I am curious myself how this will play out.

At the time though, Magneto's assault...wasn't really all that. I could see Thor doing exactly the same thing, except he's not absorbing anything. He's just wading through his attacks because he's that strong.

But when it comes to the lightning, Thor can drop those back to back without issue all day.

And if push comes to shove...Thor could just drown him. Last time I checked, only one of them can survive in space/underwater.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 05:22 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Thors lightning barely destroyed the front of a building and he called that his "most powerful blast", much wow

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 06:03 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote