KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who can endure the most torture?

Who can endure the most torture?
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Who can endure the most torture?

After watching the Punisher, it made me wonder how the more mainstream superheroes would handle torture, both physical and psychological. I tried to limit the list to the top 3 mainstream heroes of each studio. Here are the superheroes:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Captain America
Tony Stark
Thor
Wolverine
Prof. X
Mystique

Stipulations: Everyone is stripped of all their powers. Their durability is reduced to that of a normal human being that fits their physique. They are each entrusted with a secret that, if it lands in the wrong hands, would cause the deaths and injuries of an entire city's population. The heroes have been captured by a terrorist organization and are being tortured to reveal this secret.

Round 1: Each hero is put under physical torture of ever increasing magnitude. I'll leave it up to you to imagine what kind of torture. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

Round 2: A group of civilians are brought in and are killed/tortured one by one in front of the hero until they give their secret up. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

Round 3: The hero's loved ones (which can include other heroes on the list) are killed/tortured one by one in front of the hero till they give their secret up. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

Last edited by FrothByte on Nov 30th, 2017 at 07:10 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 07:04 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Wolverine takes all rounds as #1.

Wolverine isn't the "sensitive" type of Superhero.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 07:10 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Wolverine takes all rounds as #1.

Wolverine isn't the "sensitive" type of Superhero.

Even without his healing factor and adamantium? I do have him as one of my top picks but for different reasons.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 07:15 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Thor
Wolverine
Wonder Woman/Captain America
Batman
Tony Stark
Prof. X
Mystique
Superman

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 07:20 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by FrothByte
Even without his healing factor and adamantium? I do have him as one of my top picks but for different reasons.

Wolverine having Adamantium and Healing doesn't mean he is immune to pain...

Every time the Wolverine is hurt he feels the pain.

Even without his powers, Wolverine has proven that he can take almost any pain (maybe because he has take so much pain throughout his life that he already grown use to it ).

You stated that this secret could cost countless lives

Wolverine has already done something similar when he killed the love of his life in order to save thousands of lives (X Men 3)

Wolverine would definitely be able to secure the secret

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 07:20 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Yeah Wolverine. He's no stranger to the pain.

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 08:03 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

If you were to pick one person from each studio who'd survive best, who'd you pick?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 08:10 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

If you were to pick one person from each studio who'd survive best, who'd you pick?

MCU: Captain America.
DC: Superman
Fox: Wolverine

Over all: Wolverine.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 12:30 AM
TheLordofMurder

Wolverine wins in every scenario...

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 06:49 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Interesting Batman not even mentioned.

I'd pick Wolverine or maybe Batman.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 09:50 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Why, what has DCEU Batman been through that makes you think he'd withstand torture?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 12:42 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

At this point I'd pick Baleman version.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 10:06 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Placidity
At this point I'd pick Baleman version.

But even for Batfleck, he is more used to tolerating pain as a normal human (than most of the others). Even if no major feats of pain tolerance, it's safe to say he has had taken a few hits in his career. For example, he fights through being stabbed without much reaction (relatively, for a human). It's obvious to me its not the first time its happened.

However, I'd most likely pick Wolverine for reasons already stated. He has experience sustaining more pain than a human could (without dying/passing out). I say "most likely" because I always believed his healing factor nullifies pain a little - this is my opinion. An example I would use is the pain of giving birth. People say it's one of the most painful experiences, and that women can tolerate more pain then men. While it's probably true - when women give birth, a pain-killer hormone is released to reduce the pain to a tolerable level. Undoubtedly it is still very painful (*bane voice*), but there is a difference. Even so, I still think Wolverine's pain tolerance is ahead of anyone here.

And all that is for round 1 - I think there are reasons why he is worth considering for the other rounds.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 10:29 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

After watching the Punisher, it made me wonder how the more mainstream superheroes would handle torture, both physical and psychological. I tried to limit the list to the top 3 mainstream heroes of each studio. Here are the superheroes:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman
Captain America
Tony Stark
Thor
Wolverine
Prof. X
Mystique

Stipulations: Everyone is stripped of all their powers. Their durability is reduced to that of a normal human being that fits their physique. They are each entrusted with a secret that, if it lands in the wrong hands, would cause the deaths and injuries of an entire city's population. The heroes have been captured by a terrorist organization and are being tortured to reveal this secret.

Round 1: Each hero is put under physical torture of ever increasing magnitude. I'll leave it up to you to imagine what kind of torture. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

Round 2: A group of civilians are brought in and are killed/tortured one by one in front of the hero until they give their secret up. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

Round 3: The hero's loved ones (which can include other heroes on the list) are killed/tortured one by one in front of the hero till they give their secret up. Who breaks first, who breaks last?

all the dceu fanboys lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 11:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

So I watched Dr strange last night fir the first time since it was in theaters and I thought of this thread during that scene where strange traps dormomu and himself in that time loop where he was killed over and over.

He was killed in some pretty gruesome ways, around dozen times and was prepared to continue getting brutally killed over and over again for all eternity.

I was just wondering where u guys would place him amongst other mcu characters for round 1.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 11:29 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Raptor22
So I watched Dr strange last night fir the first time since it was in theaters and I thought of this thread during that scene where strange traps dormomu and himself in that time loop where he was killed over and over.

He was killed in some pretty gruesome ways, around dozen times and was prepared to continue getting brutally killed over and over again for all eternity.

I was just wondering where u guys would place him amongst other mcu characters for round 1.

Not a bad point - but if I remember correctly, each kill was quite short? So maybe he wouldn't be familiar with long sustained pain.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 11:33 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Raptor22

Good point.

@Raptor22 :
Originally posted by Placidity
Not a bad point - but if I remember correctly, each kill was quite short? So maybe he wouldn't be familiar with long sustained pain.

Dr. Strange died pretty quickly. Isn't like he endured a long pain.

However i would still place Strange high upon the list.

Wolverine still holds #1 spot!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 12:53 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The only character which FrothByte forgot to place on the list and that would definetly place Wolverine on number 2 spot would be Deadpool.

Deadpool would definetly take #1 spot.

Pain is Deadpool's ***** laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 12:55 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Do you guys think Wolverine can outlast Punisher in a torture?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 03:13 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Do you guys think Wolverine can outlast Punisher in a torture?

Hmmmmmmm........

Nice question!

I think Punisher could endure the torture more. Remember that extreme prolongued pain can K.O someone.

In that aspect Punisher would endure more without fainting i think.

But isnt like any of them will speak.

Wolverine would still win round 3 though

He is more emotionally prepared than Punisher.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 03:17 AM