KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Steppenwolf vs. Hela

Steppenwolf vs. Hela
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Steppenwolf vs. Hela

Figured it was high time somebody made this thread.

Fight takes place in Grandmaster's arena. Standard gear. Opponents know nothing about each other but are intent on killing each other. Fight ends when a combatant is no longer able to continue. Who wins?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 10:56 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Maybe no one made the thread because the answer was obvious......

Hela mega stomps!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 11:09 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Hela decimates this pitiful villain.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 04:46 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Hela would destroy him lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 02:00 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

I have a quetion. In star wars there are dark and light side nexuses which amp the power of the Jedi and the sith. While on these nexuses they are able to perform feats they wouldn't normally be able to accomplish outside of said nexus.

For the purpose of our SW vs debates, characters "nexus" feats are inadmissable when the battle takes place in a neutral arena absent of a nexus.

Would the same go for hela here for her feats while in Asgard, the place of her power? Was the power she was absorbing from Asgard a permanent amp, or when she leaves Asgard does the amp instantly go away also like a sw nexus, Or would it slowly diminish like a superman sun dip?

I only saw Ragnarock once so I don't remember all the details and exact wording of how Asgard powering her works. If anyone has any thoughts on it I'd be happy to hear them.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 05:01 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Hela stomps

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 05:18 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raptor22
I have a quetion. In star wars there are dark and light side nexuses which amp the power of the Jedi and the sith. While on these nexuses they are able to perform feats they wouldn't normally be able to accomplish outside of said nexus.

For the purpose of our SW vs debates, characters "nexus" feats are inadmissable when the battle takes place in a neutral arena absent of a nexus.

Would the same go for hela here for her feats while in Asgard, the place of her power? Was the power she was absorbing from Asgard a permanent amp, or when she leaves Asgard does the amp instantly go away also like a sw nexus, Or would it slowly diminish like a superman sun dip?

I only saw Ragnarock once so I don't remember all the details and exact wording of how Asgard powering her works. If anyone has any thoughts on it I'd be happy to hear them.

Well, I don't recall them ever specifically addressing what happens when she leaves. They just kept mentioning how she draws her power from Asgard, and the longer she remains there, the stronger she becomes. I don't think they ever tell us whether her power diminishes over time once she leaves, or whether it just keeps rising to new levels every time she visits Asgard.

Anyway, she kicks Steppenwolf's ass.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 05:48 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Her powers are diminished.

When Hela is away from Asgard her powers are limited. However she is still VERY POWERFUL.

Thor and Loki couldn't defeat her even away from Asgard. Hela also destroyed Mjolnir outside Asgard, which points at her already being very powerful even away from her source of power.

When Hela is in asgard her powers increase even further to a point in where destroying Asgard is the best way to limit her.

Still without Asgard Hela is very powerful. Even after Surtur Destroyed Asgard, Hela might still be alive or have survived.

I doubt Hela died in Ragnarok...considering we never saw a body.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 06:02 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Power dynamics in Asgard is kind of weird though. Because Thor's wording also implies that the spell Loki used when he dumped Odin on Earth actually depowered him as well (at least for as long as the spell lasted). IIRC, Thor claimed that Loki "stripped" him of his power. Yet Loki likely does not have anywhere near Odin's level of power.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 06:04 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Thanks for the responses Vault and Josh. So in your opinions for the purpose of vs debates here, would u place something like her duribility in a neutral setting equal to what she would have on Asgard? Would she be able to withstand a blast as powerful as the lightning blast he hit her with at the end when he "unlocked" his power if she was outside of Asgard?

I was also thinking along the same line for her ability to summon a seemingly infinite amount of those daggers. Could she do the same somewhere else.

I remember her using them when she slaughtered the Valkyries (which I believe was off asgard) but I don't know how long she was away from asgard when that fight took place, what her power levels we're at before she was banished or how much they may have diminished if any in the time in between.

I'm a bit torn on the matter. But I'm leaning towards her retaining the power she absorbes (maybe not infinitely but for a while at least) as opposed to an instant diminish.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 07:01 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Thanks for the responses Vault and Josh. So in your opinions for the purpose of vs debates here, would u place something like her duribility in a neutral setting equal to what she would have on Asgard? Would she be able to withstand a blast as powerful as the lightning blast he hit her with at the end when he "unlocked" his power if she was outside of Asgard?

I was also thinking along the same line for her ability to summon a seemingly infinite amount of those daggers. Could she do the same somewhere else.

I remember her using them when she slaughtered the Valkyries (which I believe was off asgard) but I don't know how long she was away from asgard when that fight took place, what her power levels we're at before she was banished or how much they may have diminished if any in the time in between.

I'm a bit torn on the matter. But I'm leaning towards her retaining the power she absorbes (maybe not infinitely but for a while at least) as opposed to an instant diminish.
'

Its a complex topic.

The movie never gave us a quantifiable response as to how much Hela's powers increase in Asgard.

I would say that Hela's speed, durability, and number of weapons she can pull out are increased dramatically when in Asgard.

However, in the movie we are also told how Odin himself had to lock Hela in a pocket dimension in order to stop her. So we can assume that a Hela outside Asgard is = in power to that of Odin!

Regarding Thor. I doubt Godlike Thor could defeat Hela with a Lightning considering Thor is quite a noob with his current powers.

Until Thor=Odin in power then Thor could trully rival Hela's power.

Hela is a quite OP villain to the moment.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 07:28 PM