KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Dr Strange Vs Loki

Dr Strange Vs Loki
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Dr Strange Vs Loki

Strange has time time

Loki has mind gem

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 10:14 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Strange beats.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 10:53 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Time gem > mind gem?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 10:56 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Time gem > mind gem?

No.

Time Gem = Mind Gem.

But Strange is already > Loki when magic is concerned.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2017 10:57 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Strange wins with gems. Without gems Loki wins.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 12:14 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by FrothByte
Strange wins with gems. Without gems Loki wins.

Strange is above Loki in terms of magic.

Ragnarok proved that.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 01:33 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Strange is above Loki in terms of magic.

Ragnarok proved that.

Yes and No. In Ragnarok, Strange had the benefit of prep and foreknowledge that Loki didn't have. And while I'm convinced that Strange is capable of much bigger magical acts, he's also slower on the draw and far weaker physically than Loki. In fact other than bfr, I can't really see how Strange can beat Loki. And for bfr to work Strange needs a few seconds of prep... seconds that he might not have when trying to dodge daggers.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 02:23 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

So, when the OP says Loki gets the Mind Stone, does that mean he gets it in the scepter, like he had it for Avengers?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 03:36 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Yes

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 01:41 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

How does that help him against the time gem in any way?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 01:55 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

He can blast him energy/ take over his mind

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 02:24 PM
juggerman

Did anyone ever bring up that Loki fell for 30 minutes a was just annoyed? Durability feat maybe?

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 03:01 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggerman
Did anyone ever bring up that Loki fell for 30 minutes a was just annoyed? Durability feat maybe?

He already survived a seemingly bottomless fall at the end of Thor1.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 03:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Yes and No. In Ragnarok, Strange had the benefit of prep and foreknowledge that Loki didn't have. And while I'm convinced that Strange is capable of much bigger magical acts, he's also slower on the draw and far weaker physically than Loki. In fact other than bfr, I can't really see how Strange can beat Loki. And for bfr to work Strange needs a few seconds of prep... seconds that he might not have when trying to dodge daggers.

Prep?

I don't recall Strange receiving a message saying that Loki was going to be on Earth 2 days before! Which means that Strange detected Loki the moment he stepped on Earth. It also means he was able to create a pocket dimension on the same spot where Loki was standing!

Doesn't matter how physically powerful Loki is. Strange's magic could even defeat the Hulk if need be!

Strange>Loki.

Time Stone=Mind Stone

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 04:33 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Prep?

I don't recall Strange receiving a message saying that Loki was going to be on Earth 2 days before! Which means that Strange detected Loki the moment he stepped on Earth. It also means he was able to create a pocket dimension on the same spot where Loki was standing!

Doesn't matter how physically powerful Loki is. Strange's magic could even defeat the Hulk if need be!

Strange>Loki.

Time Stone=Mind Stone

You do know that prep doesn't need to be measured in days to be considered prep right?

If Strange knew that Loki was on earth as soon as Loki got to earth then Strange had at least a minute of prep when Thor and Loki were talking in front of the demolished building, then Strange spent another few seconds building the portal in Loki's feet before actually getting it to open. All this done when Loki had no idea he was being attacked. That's prep time.

Then Strange went through a bunch of books in the sanctum figuring out how to open the portal to Norway then opened it before he dropped Loki. So when Loki decided to attack the portal had already been opened (again with a lot of prep) and all Strange needed to do was move the portal in on Loki.

In short, Dr. Strange had the benefit of being able to prepare his attacks even before Loki was aware of them. That's some pretty concrete prep.

Last edited by FrothByte on Dec 4th, 2017 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 04:25 PM
Darth Thor

^ thumb up

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 09:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
So, when the OP says Loki gets the Mind Stone, does that mean he gets it in the scepter, like he had it for Avengers?

I don't think it really matters. The mind gem is great for making puppet armies and subterfuge but in a straight up fight it doesn't really add anything for Loki. If he's already close enough to Strange to touch him with the stone/staff to brainwash him then he'd be better off just putting a knife through his heart.

The only real advantage is that the scepter can make for some pretty powerful energy blasts but compared to the time gem's ability, that's a pretty crappy swap in a straight up fight.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:03 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

You do know that prep doesn't need to be measured in days to be considered prep right?

If Strange knew that Loki was on earth as soon as Loki got to earth then Strange had at least a minute of prep when Thor and Loki were talking in front of the demolished building, then Strange spent another few seconds building the portal in Loki's feet before actually getting it to open. All this done when Loki had no idea he was being attacked. That's prep time.

Then Strange went through a bunch of books in the sanctum figuring out how to open the portal to Norway then opened it before he dropped Loki. So when Loki decided to attack the portal had already been opened (again with a lot of prep) and all Strange needed to do was move the portal in on Loki.

In short, Dr. Strange had the benefit of being able to prepare his attacks even before Loki was aware of them. That's some pretty concrete prep.

Lol!!!!!

Okay. When i said Strange had no prep time, i wasnt being literal!!!

But thanks for admitting Strange doesnt require much prep time to defeat Loki!

Considering that the scene from where Loki arrives to Earth to the moment he was captured was arround a minute.

This means Strange had 1 minute to:
A. Find out Loki was on Earth.
B. Decide what to do.
C. Create the pocket dimension.

Its clear Strange's magic is far superior to Loki's.

Now that you mention it.

I review the scene. Strange clearly states that he must make sure the spell works the same way for Asgardians.

So it isnt like Strange didng know how to open a portal. He was just making sure Thor appeared the same way on the other side of it.

Else who knows...Thor's head could appear on his ass... laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 10:19 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Lol!!!!!

Okay. When i said Strange had no prep time, i wasnt being literal!!!

But thanks for admitting Strange doesnt require much prep time to defeat Loki!

Considering that the scene from where Loki arrives to Earth to the moment he was captured was arround a minute.

This means Strange had 1 minute to:
A. Find out Loki was on Earth.
B. Decide what to do.
C. Create the pocket dimension.

Its clear Strange's magic is far superior to Loki's.

Now that you mention it.

I review the scene. Strange clearly states that he must make sure the spell works the same way for Asgardians.

So it isnt like Strange didng know how to open a portal. He was just making sure Thor appeared the same way on the other side of it.

Else who knows...Thor's head could appear on his ass... laughing out loud

Ok let's start simple: What's the fastest we've seen Dr. Strange open a portal? And I'm talking about a scene where we actually see him start to make a portal to when he completes it, so don't give me a feat of where the portal is already open without us seeing how he did it.

And then tell me how fast Loki makes illusions and throws knives.

P.S. - I'm not disputing that Strange is a more powerful magic user. I'm saying Loki's skills give him the advantage in a straight up fight.

Last edited by FrothByte on Dec 4th, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2017 11:32 PM
juggerman

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He already survived a seemingly bottomless fall at the end of Thor1.

We don't see him land though so it's hard to say what impact that had on him. Maybe Thanos had him slowed down and caught safely.

I bring this up because a fall from the helicarrier KO'd Hulk and scared Thor. Neither of those falls were 30mins

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:12 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote