KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Fastest non-speedsters

Fastest non-speedsters
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Fastest non-speedsters

I was reading a few other threads, and I was reminded of some trivia from the 2003 Hulk movie. Whereby the guys who were doing the VFX claimed that his top traveling speed was 300mph. Which gave me the idea for this thread.

To make it more simple, there are 2 categories.

- Traveling speed (like the Hulk example).

- Or combat/reaction speed (like someone like Spiderman would have).

So, as the thread title says, who are the fastest non-Speedsters?

Given what we saw in JL, Superman is excluded from this thread. Because anyone who can move around at near normal speeds while the rest of the world is frozen is a Speedster IMO, even if they also have other powers.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:27 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Hancock flew to the moon, painted the All-Heart logo on the light side, and got back to New York before anyone looked up and noticed it was there.

He was also fast enough to react to an RPG round and brush it away.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:29 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Speaking of, both Steppenwolf and Abomination were fast enough to casually catch missiles fired at them.

So, I should probably clarify. For the purpose of this thread, we are using high end feats, because we are determining who is fastest when operating at their full potential.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:34 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Does Yulaw from The One count as a speedster? Or Agent Smith? They get my vote. If not then Spiderman is top.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 04:52 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Does Yulaw from The One count as a speedster? Or Agent Smith? They get my vote. If not then Spiderman is top.

I would say that Yulaw would kind of count as a Speedster, considering we actually get somewhat slowmo scenes where he is still moving in real time. Like from 0:35 here, on. What makes me say Speedster is he doesn't seem to be overly taxing himself to move that fast. He is moving at a normal pace, but the world is just slower:

Plus, IIRC, the final fight between the two Laws was portrayed as happening as legit superspeed, based on how sparks were moving in slowmo etc. in the background. Admittedly, it has been some time since I watched that last fight. I would say it's a borderline case though.

I think Smith would be fair game for this thread though.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:03 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

If Yulaw is a speedster, then I suppose Sing from Kung Fu Hustle is as well. If not, then I think he's got everybody else beat in combat speed. The Beast could catch a bullet fired at point blank range between his fingers and Sing kicked The Beast's ass in the final fight, in technique and speed.

Sing and The Landlady had some decent traveling speed as well, running down the highway and jumping over a truck.

What about King Arthur. When he activates Excalibur does he become a speedster or does his combat speed count?

Those are the two that immediately came to mind when talking about fastest combat speed.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:35 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Oh, just remembered:

Leroy Green from The Last Dragon caught a bullet between his teeth, which was quite a bad-ass combat reaction feat.

I think Drake from Blade Trinity had superhuman speed even faster than Blade's. Didn't he dodge a bullet or bullets on-screen?

As for more human feats: Liu Jian (Jet Li) dodged a bullet fired at him from arm's length in Kiss of the Dragon, before killing Inspector Richard.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:46 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

^^ A lot of good ones on that list. And yeah, most of those would work for this thread. Because while a lot of them have some insane speed and/or reflex feats, they aren't necessarily portrayed in ways like Clark, Yulaw etc. are.

King Arthur? That's kind of like Yulaw as well. In that we see the world slow to a snail's pace around him, yet he can still fairly leisurely go about his business, like during the one group fight scene, when he elbows the one guy into the air and then spends a good 2 or 3 seconds (from his POV) fairly casually setting up the next strike before delivering it, all while the guy has maybe moved 2 feet through the air. But yeah, it's also somewhat of a borderline case, like Yulaw, where they show enough that they could be considered a Speedster IMO, but they are on that line.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 03:17 AM
h1a8

The Beast catching a bullet was insane.
The bullet was 6 inches from his head before he even moved to catch it. He caught the bullet when it was 1 inch away from his head. So his hand traveled over 2 ft before the bullet traveled 5 inches.
This is at least 4.8 times faster.

Sing was even faster by comparison.
In my opinion, those two are the fastest.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 03:54 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Arrow

Neo

He can travel at insane speeds.

He can dodge bullets, fight against 100s of Agents at the same time, travel long distances in a heartbeat.

Neo fits perfectly in both criterias!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:08 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by h1a8
The Beast catching a bullet was insane.
The bullet was 6 inches from his head before he even moved to catch it. He caught the bullet when it was 1 inch away from his head. So his hand traveled over 2 ft before the bullet traveled 5 inches.
This is at least 4.8 times faster.

Sing was even faster by comparison.
In my opinion, those two are the fastest.

Wesley Gibson from Wanted. When he triggered his adrenaline, he could shoot the wings off of flys and shoot bullets out of the air with his bullets.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:14 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Wonder Woman and Faora are pretty fast

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:10 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by relentless1
Wonder Woman and Faora are pretty fast

I think both of them would fall under speedster.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:41 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Elektra deflected rounds from a revolver
Selenes also pretty fast

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:46 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

batfleck lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by carthage
Elektra deflected rounds from a revolver
Selenes also pretty fast

As of Blood Wars Selene is a legit speedster.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:44 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by KingD19
Wesley Gibson from Wanted. When he triggered his adrenaline, he could shoot the wings off of flys and shoot bullets out of the air with his bullets.
That's fast but not as fast as what the Beast did. Beast was at minimum 4.8 times faster than a bullet. Wesley's speed was only comparable to a bullet.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 04:47 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I would say that Yulaw would kind of count as a Speedster, considering we actually get somewhat slowmo scenes where he is still moving in real time. Like from 0:35 here, on. What makes me say Speedster is he doesn't seem to be overly taxing himself to move that fast. He is moving at a normal pace, but the world is just slower:

Plus, IIRC, the final fight between the two Laws was portrayed as happening as legit superspeed, based on how sparks were moving in slowmo etc. in the background. Admittedly, it has been some time since I watched that last fight. I would say it's a borderline case though.

I think Smith would be fair game for this thread though.

Plus there was this highway chase scene where he was blurring past cars, and he did appeared as a blur to Funsch's perspective as well. Then there is what he does in that motorcycle scene and his killing of Roedecker before. So yeah, definite speedster. Just check out my RT.

I think someone more in line with this thread would be Wade Wilson from Origins Wolverine

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 06:00 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I think someone more in line with this thread would be Wade Wilson from Origins Wolverine

This is a really good example.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 06:02 PM
John Murdoch

Deacon Frost (pre-La Magra upgrade): dodged Blade's MAC-11 bullets.

Deacon Frost (post-La Magra upgrade): ran fast enough that he closed a several-yard gap between himself and Blade and was in Blade's face smiling before Mr. Snipes could react.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 12:59 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote