KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Magneto vs. Green Lantern

Magneto vs. Green Lantern
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Magneto vs. Green Lantern

* Apocalypse Magneto

* Reynold's Green Lantern

Setting: London, near Big Ben

Starting distance: 100 feet

Who wins?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:26 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Huh. Good match. I'd have to revisit GL's feats to be sure but I'll back him for now. His powers seemed a bit more unlimited and he's a cosmic level fighter.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:39 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Good match, both immensely powerful characters.

I'd say Magneto is more experienced and would better utilize his powers, but he has human-level durability and one hit direct could easily kill him.

All in all, I'd give it too Magneto or 7/10 Mags in multiple matches

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 11:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Magneto needed prep to do the Earth shaking shit. All his overall feats were meh. Lantern tosses him to the sun.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:36 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Using metal as a medium Magneto can exert enough force to rip-up and then carry the Golden Gate Bridge and RFK stadium, meaning he could hit Lantern with a small metal object backed by hundreds of thousands tons of force.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:41 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Using metal as a medium Magneto can exert enough force to rip-up and then carry the Golden Gate Bridge and RFK stadium, meaning he could hit Lantern with a small metal object backed by hundreds of thousands tons of force.

And Lantern survived the pull of the Sun.

In the movies, Eric was never imaginative with his powers. So I actually don’t see trying something like that.

The few times he was that imaginative was the tooth pulling, and coin.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:49 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Green Lantern definitely has the durability and by a lot, I noted that in my first post. Magneto's survival depends on his magnetic shields going up fast.

I'd say that Magneto used small metal objects quite a few times to kill people. The coin, the necklace, the iron balls, etc.

But he could just as easily use larger objects than tiny ones

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 16th, 2017 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 12:53 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Didn't GL make a blackhole or something?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 01:20 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote