KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ozymandias vs. Black Panther

Ozymandias vs. Black Panther
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ozymandias vs. Black Panther

Same circumstances Bucky faced on the stair fight.

T'Challa doesn't have his suit.

Who wins?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by Impediment on May 13th, 2018 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 10:18 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

No suit?

Ozymandias stomps.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 10:44 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

If we assume BP has durability, endurance on par with Bucky and Cap, he wins eventually.

I make this assumption based on him having the same foot and combat speed.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:23 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

My initial instinct is to say Ozy, but then I remembered that Ozy was never tested against a enhanced/superpowered opponent.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:24 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Panther wins; hes Cap level and Ozy is a step below that

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:20 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

T'Challa had Bucky on the run in a suit and dress shoes. My vote is with Panther in a hard fight.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:21 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Tough one. T'Challa has limited feats without his suit, but Ozy's only fought people below Super Soldier level. I'd be inclined to back T'Challa, because the guy took an explosion and a metal arm haymaker from Bucky without serious injury, so Ozy will struggle to put him down. It'd be a good fight though.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 03:51 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Ozy loses after a tough fight

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 04:15 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
T'Challa had Bucky on the run in a suit and dress shoes. My vote is with Panther in a hard fight.

T'Challa didn't have Bucky on the run, he was brain washed in Winter Soldier mode, T'Challa had nothing to do with Bucky trying to escape.

Regardless, BP still wins.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 04:22 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Impediment
No suit?

Ozymandias stomps.
Agreed. Panther doesn't have much chance without the suit.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 05:47 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Something to consider: T'Challa took a direct punch to the chest from Bucky's robo arm and it didn't do any lasting damage on him. That arm is strong enough to punch cracks in the street. I don't think Ozy can match that kind of strength output. He might not be strong enough to take down T'Challa.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:17 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

What's with the resurgence of Ozy love, last I checked board consensus was that he was a solid step below Captain America level.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:41 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
My initial instinct is to say Ozy, but then I remembered that Ozy was never tested against a enhanced/superpowered opponent.
catching a bullet seals the deal. Adding in superhuman level strength makes this a stomp.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 12:18 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
What's with the resurgence of Ozy love, last I checked board consensus was that he was a solid step below Captain America level.

I disagree.
I would say he’s roughly 40-60% of his physical strength, 120-180% of his h2h skill, and 200-500% of his hand movement speed and perception speed.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 12:22 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Something to consider: T'Challa took a direct punch to the chest from Bucky's robo arm and it didn't do any lasting damage on him. That arm is strong enough to punch cracks in the street. I don't think Ozy can match that kind of strength output. He might not be strong enough to take down T'Challa.
Tony took a punch from Bucky without any broken bones. Does that mean Tony Stark is superhuman in durability?

Bucky could have struck ANY HUMAN in the movie with his metal arm and at most, that human would be koed (not killed or bones broken). That’s how movies and fiction roll.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 12:26 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

^ Tony got punched by Bucky's human arm and was floored.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 03:13 PM
h1a8

^ Tony got punched by Bucky's human arm and was floored.

I know. But Bucky is supposedly superhuman right? Almost equal to Cap in physical stats.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 03:51 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
I disagree.
I would say he’s roughly 40-60% of his physical strength, 120-180% of his h2h skill, and 200-500% of his hand movement speed and perception speed.

Yea. but given your level of bias. nobody cares what you think.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 04:21 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by h1a8
I know. But Bucky is supposedly superhuman right? Almost equal to Cap in physical stats.

And that's why Tony got floored. Regular humans won't get floored from a punch to the chest even from a trained heavyweight if they're actively fighting back. It can hurt, and there's even a chance that it can damage your heart, but you're not getting floored like that.

And considering that Tony has some degree of h2h training, that punch made it obvious that WS was superhuman in strength.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 04:41 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Also Bucky was clearly trying to escape in that scene. If he'd hit Tony like he hit the containment unit, or as hard as he's hit Cap, Tony would be dead. So would WIdow and 13.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 04:48 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote