KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » The Butcher (Wanted) vs Ozymandias (Watchmen)

The Butcher (Wanted) vs Ozymandias (Watchmen)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The Butcher (Wanted) vs Ozymandias (Watchmen)

- Ozy gets his armour from the end of the film.
- The Butcher gets a pair of meat cleavers.
- Fight takes place in a parking lot.
- Opponents start 10 feet apart.

Who wins?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 04:15 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Veidt shit stomps.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 04:17 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Wasn't Butcher slicing bullets out of the air and almost killed Wesley?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 04:21 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Using h1 logic, Buthcer wins 1,000,000,000,000,000/10

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 04:22 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Wasn't Butcher slicing bullets out of the air and almost killed Wesley?

From around 0:46. In particular, at 0:49-0:50, they do a quick close up to show a bullet getting sliced.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 04:26 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Butcher should win because of the bullet feat. We must assume that the him and Wesley were fighting in superspeed.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 01:11 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

But Veidt did catch it at a closer distance and catching is harder than blocking.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 01:42 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Butcher.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 01:43 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Not true at all, blocking a bullet with a blade is far harder than catching one in your hand

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 01:44 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Not true at all, blocking a bullet with a blade is far harder than catching one in your hand
Not really. If the bullet is in slow motion then it is easier to put the blade in the path of a 1cm bullet when you already have the blade up in the path already. Veidt didn't even have his hands up.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 02:24 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Especially multiple shots, from a modern gun, while charging your opponent. And without falling over in the process. But it's H1. He would probably argue that the Miyagi arrow catch was better lol.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 02:34 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Not really. If the bullet is in slow motion then it is easier to put the blade in the path of a 1cm bullet when you already have the blade up in the path already. Veidt didn't even have his hands up.

If you really think blocking something with the edge of a blade is easier than catching something in your hand, then you really aren't as smart as you want people to believe you are.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 02:46 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

If you really think blocking something with the edge of a blade is easier than catching something in your hand, then you really aren't as smart as you want people to believe you are.

Notice how he also completely ignores the fact that the Butcher blocked several bullets without issue, instead of just one and then landing on the ground.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 02:55 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Notice how he also completely ignores the fact that the Butcher blocked several bullets without issue, instead of just one and then landing on the ground.

My guess is after about 6 or 7 pages of claiming it's easier to catch something than to block it with the edge of a blade he will suddenly claim that he is merely using someone else's metric.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 03:12 AM
h1a8

This can be applied to you for believing the opposite. It's actually common sense that it is easier to hold the blade in the path of a slow moving projectile than to catch it. Catching something takes multiple things to do.

Plus it's easier when the blade is already in front of you near the path of the bullet. It's like having your dukes up before a punch.

Last edited by h1a8 on Jan 6th, 2018 at 04:48 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 04:44 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Especially multiple shots, from a modern gun, while charging your opponent. And without falling over in the process. But it's H1. He would probably argue that the Miyagi arrow catch was better lol.

Multiple shots are irrelevant since each bullet is a lifetime from the next.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 04:44 AM
Silent Master

This can be applied to you for believing the opposite. It's actually common sense that it is easier to hold the blade in the path of a slow moving projectile than to catch it. Catching something takes multiple things to do.

Plus it's easier when the blade is already in front of you near the path of the bullet. It's like having your dukes up before a punch.

No, common sense would be that it's much easier to catch a moving object in your hand then it would be to actually manage to hit it with the edge of a sword.

Prove it, show a clip of you managing to hit a pellet with a sword as many times in a row as you can and I'll do the same for catching a pellet. We'll see who manages to have the higher number.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 05:00 AM
h1a8

No, common sense would be that it's much easier to catch a moving object in your hand then it would be to actually manage to hit it with the edge of a sword.

Prove it, show a clip of you managing to hit a pellet with a sword as many times in a row as you can and I'll do the same for catching a pellet. We'll see who manages to have the higher number.
Then I'm afraid you lack common sense.

You are ignoring that I stated the bullet is moving in slow motion. So if a slow moving bullet is moving towards you with your blade in front then it's extremely easy to just place the blade in the path of the bullet.

Multiple bullets are irrelevant. Each bullet is fired a lifetime from the next one.

Last edited by h1a8 on Jan 6th, 2018 at 07:09 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 07:07 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

You are ignoring that I stated the bullet is moving in slow motion. So if a slow moving bullet is moving towards you with your blade in front then it's extremely easy to just place the blade in the path of the bullet.

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 07:46 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Then I'm afraid you lack common sense.

Multiple bullets are irrelevant. Each bullet is fired a lifetime from the next one.

Do you accept my challenge?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:13 AM