KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Best MCU reflex/reaction feats

Best MCU reflex/reaction feats
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Best MCU reflex/reaction feats

The thread title is pretty self-explanatory. But, because they are legit speedsters and will obviously have a huge advantage here, Yo-Yo and Quicksilver are excluded from the thread. IIRC, Vijay Nadeer also displayed some super speed, but it didn't seem comparable to the likes of the other two mentioned.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 06:19 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Hard question. There are many examples of characters using fast reflexes but none stand out more than the rest.

Bucky and Daredevil have instances of backflipping from gunfire, sometimes at point blank range. I can't remember if Ironfist also had some feats like this. Bucky also had that feat where he took over a civilian's motorcycle while on the move. Did Danny ever block a bullet with his fist?

Thor was shown to block multiple laser fire with his hammer.

Loki caught an arrow without even looking.

I'm sure Cap probably has some very fast reflexes but for the life of me I can't think of a specific example to showcase it best. Maybe landing on his feat after getting tackled by QS.

Wanda was able to contain a bomb as soon as it went off. So that's something too.

I'd say Bucky probably has the best feats but because Cap keeps beating him to the punch I'd assume Cap is just slightly faster.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:21 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, there is one that is better than the others IMO. Even though Inhumans was an absolutely shitty show, they made Karnak kind of broken (when the plot demanded). He actually karate chopped a bullet in half at one point lol. He also kicked an energy bolt from an Inhuman gun back at his adversary (don't ask me how he can kick energy).

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jan 10th, 2018 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:46 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Huh, did he? I watched every episode of that show but somehow can't remember much details from it. They kind of just blurred in my memory. lol.

Also, the actor they got for Karnak was horrible in fight scenes. Nearly as horrible as Finn Jones in Ironfist. Made it harder to appreciate stuff he did.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:50 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, he karate chops the bullet in the episode where the one guy who was running the drug farm goes crazy and wants to kill the others (already having killed the one guy). But his powers are still kind of glitchy, so half the bullet hits the girl he was with. And the energy bolt thing he did when the family returned home.

At about 1:55

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:52 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Also, the actor they got for Karnak was horrible in fight scenes. Nearly as horrible as Finn Jones in Ironfist. Made it harder to appreciate stuff he did.

The only one who looked half decent in his fights was Triton, but he wasn't there for most of the series.

Pity, because they did make Karnak do a few things (the bullet chop, fight prediction, pressure point knowledge etc.), but it looked bad with that guy doing it.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:56 PM
ShadowFyre

Yondu has to have pretty damn good reflexes and perception to control the arrow.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 09:22 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

On a sidenote, what about the telepath guy from AoS? Even with the mind-reading, he still needs to be fast enough to respond to the information, such as when he caught a knife thrown at his back.

That guy vs Karnak should be a never-ending fight lol. One can read their opponent's attacks while the other can see what direction the fight is going to take, and course-correct where necessary.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 09:08 AM
juggerman

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, he karate chops the bullet in the episode where the one guy who was running the drug farm goes crazy and wants to kill the others (already having killed the one guy). But his powers are still kind of glitchy, so half the bullet hits the girl he was with. And the energy bolt thing he did when the family returned home.

At about 1:55

Ozy's feat is better. Not only would he have chopped that motherf*ucker in half but then he would have caught BOTH halves in one hand and then he would have made the shooter choke on poison!

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 09:18 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by juggerman
Ozy's feat is better. Not only would he have chopped that motherf*ucker in half but then he would have caught BOTH halves in one hand and then he would have made the shooter choke on poison!

While monologuing and watching 40 TV screens.

Also, as to Iron Fist brought up earlier. He doesn't really have a lot of feats like the flipping over machine gun fire, and the one where he blocks the bullet with his fist in the finale is more of an aim block (you can see him move his arm before the shot fires). But he does have this one:

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 09:22 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Elektra blocking that revolver shot with her sword

Thor deflecting blasts from Ultron bots

Matt deflecting arrows

T’Challa catching arrows

Bucky blocking gunfire with his arm

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 09:52 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
While monologuing and watching 40 TV screens.

Now you're thinking! thumb up

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:02 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

How the hell is Ozy's feat better?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:11 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

On a random note, Matt has actually done way better than just deflecting arrows. During his first encounter with the Hand (when Elektra got poisoned and Stick showed up), he managed to a dodge/grab combo (bobbed his head, the intended target, to the side, and snatched the arrow with his one hand) when a Hand ninja shot one through the back window of the car they were driving in.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:12 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Silent Master

We're just having fun.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:15 AM
Silent Master

Until H1 notices the post and then decides to use it as evidence of how fast Ozy is. At which point trying to explain you were just kidding gets people called a troll for a dozen pages.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:19 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Silent Master
laughing

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:56 AM
Silent Master

Have you met h1, abhi or quan?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 11:05 AM
juggerman

Oh yeah. h1 is the reason I said it. I wanted to beat him to it. We all know logic doesn't matter to him

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 12:25 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Melinda May was also dodging these fast metal balls while crippled with a leg injury while fighting a Kree

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 04:45 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote